1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For love or money?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Angelika, Feb 5, 2008.

?

hmmm?

1. Love

70 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. Money

22 vote(s)
    23.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Lol, lazy*******************. Yeah, there are more girls than guys, but hey, how many billions of people are out there :D.

Now that's evil! >:) I feel bad for the first guy/girl though :(.

You haven't specified your gender lol.

2. cameronCRUNK

cameronCRUNK Level IV

They said half of his money.

3. Carel

Carel Newbie

I hadn't even noticed. o_O Gender has officially been specified. So yes, I'll be breaking the heart of one man or another in the future. :D

4. elite monkeh

elite monkeh Level I

I would not marry for love to live on the streets unless I was madly in love, but I wouldn't say I'd marry for money. Actually I seriously don't intend to ever marry, but if I did, it would be with someone I could be happy around. And not to sound shallow, but its hard to be happy living in a box.

5. Immortal

Immortal Newbie

I would only marry for love! However if they are rich that would be great :)

6. dolcegabbana

dolcegabbana Level I

There has to be a balance between love and cash...
    Too little or too much of one can make one miserable

7. Lula

Lula Level I

Love.
    But, hopefully i'll fall in love with a rich person. But to little of one of them can make you sad.

8. lolcow

lolcow Level III

Money.
    Everything in the world revolves around it. The illusion of love can easily be bought with money.

But yeah. A happy medium between the two is best; what that mix entails might be slightly different for every person

9. daFalco

daFalco Level III

I think I'd go for money as well. So many things can be bought with money. So many things we need must be bought with money.

But hopefully I'll be the one that has enough money to support the both of us, so that I can marry for love :)

10. Will

Will Level IV

Now, I aint sayin' she a gold digga..

I would marry for either, really.

It's a strange issue, that. lol.

11. furbeach

furbeach Newbie

I would personally choose money over love.
    I'd rather eat than be with my 'tru luv'.

12. Arkley

Arkley Level III

Marry for love, but if you must marry for money, marry for love of money.

13. blake916

blake916 Newbie

Not everyone is going to marry a homeless love :/ personaly i would marry for love insted of being a gold digger... Marrying for love to me shows your uncapable(sorry if spelled wrong) person who cant get money for yourself. Love is best, money is just there to help out.

14. funkyfiona1

funkyfiona1 Newbie

If I had to choose, I think I would probably pick money - but hopefully the guy I fall in love with isn't homeless. :maha:

15. mferrari

mferrari Level I

Well if you come into a lot of money than more than likely you are going to have more chances to find love, because lets face it, people are just shallow these days. But there is a good chance the love won't be genuine, so I don't know. Personally I think I would take the money, because despite popular belief, money CAN buy you happiness.

16. Molly

Molly Level III

Hmm... that's actually a hard choice. I would say love, but then what if he was homeless or something? I'm not gonna marry a homeless person... Love is more important to me, but money is a factor, too. I need a happy medium.
    Money can buy happiness, after all. :)

17. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Level III

Omg people really say momey??? SHAMMEEEE ... well not reall their loss! sure money can buy you crap on top of crap but it can't get what the better stuff. I am currently not married yet but long term relationship (common-law) with children and neither of us has much money but we survive pretty well without it and and are stronger because of it. That and if we were to become rich or at least one of us well then we would have everything those who married for money dosen't!!!

18. shadowsolitude

shadowsolitude Level I

Cash, i'd be a lot happier if i was really rich and could just buy literally anything i wanted.

19. x1hokage

x1hokage Level I

personal i would go for love because i dont think i will love a homeless person =P and i dont rlly care about money but if the women i like is some what wealthy that would be great =P

20. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Love. Other people's points about which would be more fulfilling at the end of your life, which you'd regret, etc. etc. are of course valid, and anyways...

I'm fairly confident of myself being able to get a nice education and a decent job (shooting for professor in some field of engineering, at this point most likely computer science), so I'm not all that worried about financial security anyways. (And yes, I do some what say that from a point of naiveness, but if my parents came to the US with 2 suitcases and $200 USD, unable to speak any English, and managed to learn a new language, my dad got another PhD [foreign PhDs are valued less than in-country], and my family is now pretty well off...I think that after the amazing boost my parents have provided, I should at least be able to get a tenured professorship. [Though my parents did leave me in China for a bit before having my grandma bring me here to be reunited with my parents...])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.