1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alone1, Nov 9, 2006.

?

should it be allowed everywhere?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutrality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hikari001

hikari001 Level II

Looking at the health issue, homosexual anal intercourse carries a high risk of disease.
    Then again If God had intended the human race to be fulfilled through both heterosexual and homosexual marriage, He would have designed our bodies to allow reproduction through both means and made both means of sexual intercourse healthy and natural.

2. alone1

alone1 Level II

SO only homosexualss partake in anal sex? Tha'ts very naive of you.

3. hikari001

hikari001 Level II

I don't recall mentioning that only homosexual partake in anal sex. Heterosexual do it too but in the case of homosexual, especially gay couples, anal sex seems to be the only way that they could engage in an intercourse and therefore they are subjected to greater risk of having HIV and other related disease.

4. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Holy

We're just having a debate like the topic wanted. No need to take things so offensively alone1.

5. Occupied

Occupied Level II

Re: Wow...

though you are still discriminating on a certain person, for who they are.
    they say they don't appose their own views on people, but abolishing gay marriage - not allowing others to make a decision for themself that doesn't effect you - is opposing something on them. Telling them they can't do that based off a religion they don't follow, but enough of our country does follow (assuming we live in the US) so suddenly we have decided that the rest don't have a say. the thing is no one will ever agree on something for long because every person is so unique that, as long as it isn't hurting a human being, why not let them choose for themself. You said that everyone is entitled to their opinion so why isn't someone entitled to marrying someone.

6. alone1

alone1 Level II

I have a feeling that when people talk about gays, the do not metion girls for , they canot have anal sex.

7. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

I voted yes, to me it doesn't really matter if 2 people that love each other are of the same sex, all that matters is that they're in love and want to be with each other.

8. Occupied

Occupied Level II

in all honesty I think it is because hetero men tend to speak out most about gay men... but seem to enjoy a lesbian couple.. nevertheless, I recognize both.

9. bserocki

bserocki Level I

as it seems many others have, i voted yes. to me, it does not matter if they are the same sex, if they truely love eachother, then what is the problem? just because being gay is a minority doesnt mean that they should get less rights than the majority of people, i think that is the complete opposite of what the constitution says about everyone being equal

10. alone1

alone1 Level II

i agree withn the above statement. Equal rights.

11. tipsy3226

tipsy3226 Newbie

ok i voted yes because 1 im gay 2 because marriage is just a bond between two people to prove just how much they love, cheerish and trust the other person not just a bond so people can have kids or whatever

12. Occupied

Occupied Level II

Good point about equal rights. Maybe now that there are more democrats in office something will be done about the gay marriage bans

13. ourmechanix

ourmechanix Level I

Yes. I have many gay friends and I think they should be able to marry who they want. Marriage isn't about God or religion, or the church, or state. Marriage is about love. I don't understand people who do not want homosexuals to marry each other. I doubt they would like it very much if someone came up to them and said they couldn't marry the person they love.

All of those concerned about equal rights should visit http://www.hrc.org
    It's a human rights campagin working for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexual, & Transgendered people. Get the bumper sticker & support! :]

14. ourmechanix

ourmechanix Level I

They are more at risk which is one reason why AIDs groups target the gay community more than others. However, you can get just as many diseases between a man and a woman. More than half of the world has a sexually transmitted disease, and I doubt it's just the homosexuals.

15. Marble

Marble Level I

I believe that yes, gay marriages should be allowed. Everywhere.
    I believe that it's ridiculous that people are against people they don't even know, because of their sexual orientation. It's not their fault, and I don't believe it's a fault at all.

I agree with one of the statements said before.

Marriage is about love.

But I'm going to add to that - it should be about love. It isn't always.

However, I'm completely for gay marriages. And there's always going to be straight people, so there's always gonna be kids. Besides, isn't the world supposed to be grossly overpopulated or something?

16. warnold

warnold Newbie

I believe the goverment shouldn't have marrages at all.
    Marriage is a religous institution that should between people and their church.
    At most the goverment should have something like "civil unions" that allows people to merge their finances and otherwise handle all the legal issues.

17. hikari001

hikari001 Level II

Of course STD doesn't apply only for homosexual community but studies have found that AIDS epidemic is substantially high in homosexual community because of their lifestyle. The average number of sexual partners per homosexual man is still substantially higher than that of the average single heterosexual man and a high percentage of homosexual men already have HIV thus the virus spread much faster in a gay community than in heterosexual one. Homosexual males, who make up less than 2% of the US population, account for 56% of the adult AIDS cases. No wonder they targeted gay community more than others since that is such a significant percentage for such a small population.

18. Martin92

Martin92 Level I

It really doesnt matter for me its kinda on both sides

Yes- Because they are humans and well theres nothing wrong with them

No- Its against my belifes and many others

so Im kinda like sure ok ^^

19. Occupied

Occupied Level II

I like what you said. the stereotype of if you are gay you will get aids easier because you have anal sex is ridiculous.

20. XstrageX

XstrageX Level III

I vote yes because of all the reasons people above me have said yes. I'm not gay myself but i have gay friends and they are people just like everyone else. They should be able to express their love just like straight people.

however i live in the south so we are seriously against homosexuals, its crazy. I have rednecks all around me saying things like "What are you, queer?" and "FAAAG!" its really quite disgusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.