1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alone1, Nov 9, 2006.

?

should it be allowed everywhere?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutrality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rash_sc@hotmail.com

Its cool :lol: I actually find alot of gay people quite cool to be around,they usually just keep low and act quite normal so its not like being gay is wrong.

2. goldrush

goldrush Level II

If they include polygamy in the vote for gay marriage I might consider it. Polygamy actual has a stronger foundation in the instition of marriage than gay marriage has ever had.

3. kloop

kloop Level I

i think gay marriage should definitely be allowed, but it should be called "joining" or something, because marriage is for males and females :wink:

4. Zapno

Zapno Level II

And your reasoning for this is?

5. goldrush

goldrush Level II

Because it works, this is how species propagate, how new life is breathed into the world. Dick and Steve just can't make that happen, that's why it's considered unnatural.

6. Jaxx

Jaxx Level I

i guess it should be allowed, if ur gay, nothing to do bout that, it would be stupid if we'd look at them as lesser people, and give em less priv's i guess :D..

7. kloop

kloop Level I

i think that not allowing gay people to be treated equally as straight people is just as bad as how we treated slaves... :?

8. Occupied

Occupied Level II

calling it "joining" would still not mean the same as getting married. It would not be equal.
    I wouldn't consider it natural. I would consider heterosexuality more common.

9. yeng

yeng Level III

i dont believe in same sex marriage simply because I believe God Created eve for adam and that goes well to adam she's for eve..

10. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Wrong, slaves were actualy declared as property, and did not have a single right. It is certainly bad to descriminate, but you should aknowledge that the situations are highly different.

11. inqwire

inqwire Level IV

i voted no but i'm not getting involved

eww

12. goldrush

goldrush Level II

LOL, I don't blame you. My biggest thing is let them do what they together, no amount of laws is going to change what they do. Let them have thier civil unions, if polygamy comes back that should be a civil union as well, but save the act of marriage for a man and a woman, or rather the name of marriage

13. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

they can and will not be able to be married in the Catholic church. it goes against the religion. God said the purpose of marriage is to procreate, and gays cannot do that.

legally, i still dont think they should be able to get married. no real facts to support my opinion.

14. Dragon

Dragon Level III

I said no...its kinda wrong to me

15. goldrush

goldrush Level II

I agree, but just because something is wrong doesn't people stop it, look at how many people cheat at games :wink:

16. Occupied

Occupied Level II

Doesn't matter how different they are it is still treating others with inequality for who they are!... Not allowing one person to enjoy a part of our culture another can simply because of their sexual preference IS prejudice, ignorant, bigotry, hell and definitely chauvinism!
    Fine they arn't allowed to get married in churches, fine churches can let people in and out for whom they please, gays can get married elsewhere (marriage is controlled by state!). But it is still discriminating and the Church is discriminating. If you can live with that, I can.
    Infact, why not just read this article.. it really shows how giving everyone choices makes the the great U S of A so super.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2085127/

17. goldrush

goldrush Level II

so where do we draw the lne on morality? What about having several wifes, bring polygamy back, what about sex wityh animals or the dead. We as a society have decided to make some moral choices (murder is bad, stealing bad and so on). This may be an old moral choice but where do you draw the lines if you permit this

18. Zapno

Zapno Level II

I agree completely gold. Anything could be thought of as right if you look at it a certain way. But in our society we have decided that we prefer certain things not to exist. Many laws restrict the rights of children, yet noone ever considers them incorrect. It is simply that people with power (those with the ability to vote or pass laws) more often then not seek to fit their own needs before others.

19. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

i would definitely consider heterosexuality natural. how can it not be?

20. goldrush

goldrush Level II

LOL, yes, heterosexuality is natural, homosexuality is not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.