1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alone1, Nov 9, 2006.

?

should it be allowed everywhere?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutrality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitanil

gitanil Level II

Exactly thats a great way to put it. As long as they obey the law, its completely fair for them to do whatever they want.

2. Zabb

Zabb Level I

I voted Yes, because I believe that if you truly love a person, whether it be the same sex or not, you should be allowed to be with that person. Religion to me has nothing to do with it.

3. xiaofight3r

xiaofight3r Level II

hahas,finally a guy who agrees with me yea? :D yea,let them do watever they want,as long as it doesnt disturbs you

4. zer0ordi3yo

zer0ordi3yo Level IV

People can be gay all they want, but marriage is between a man and a woman.

5. coolchimpy

coolchimpy Newbie

I think people should be allowed to do whatever they please when it comes to marrage...

6. bukkakejesus

bukkakejesus Newbie

Why not? Though I don't believe in marriage myself, and I'm confused as to why homosexuals would possibly want to marry under a religion that treats them as subhumans. Civil unions would be more appropriate in my opinion. Also, I find it amusing how some people spew these asinine reason against it, "unnatural", no... homosexuality is clearly evident in the animal kingdom. "Kill off the population", I read that somewhere... I just chuckled, I'm hoping there are people on here intelligent enough to know how ridiculous that sounds.

7. thumperkinz

thumperkinz Newbie

im stayin neutral. to each their own is all i say

8. astrospride

astrospride Level III

It's not my right to have people be a certain way but I don't condone homosexuality as it is against my religion. Since people have freedom to do what they want (as long as it is not harming other persons), I say let them be.

9. xiaofight3r

xiaofight3r Level II

yep,agrr=ees :D

10. twxlegend

twxlegend Level III

People should be allowed to do what they want...

11. jfur_x

jfur_x Level III

I'm pretty neutral as far as this goes.

I do have to say though, to the people who are saying that it's wrong because marriage is a sacred bond...are you serious? If marriage was such a sacred bond more than 50% of them wouldn't end in divorce. There would be no prenups. I mean honestly, if you're worried about homosexuals taking away the sacredness of marriage don't worry, straight people have already accomplished that.

12. heavensgates

heavensgates Level I

Oh i agree with this myself. Its against my relgion as well, but God also says dont judge other people.

13. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

Somewhere

I think it should be allowed someplaces but can be deemed inhonorable in certain counties or cities

14. manic_one

manic_one Level I

In Africa, AIDS is, in most cases, spread during pregnancy as a result of rape. I watched a show about it on SBS.

15. sprinkles

sprinkles Newbie

I'm in favor of equal rights :D

16. astrospride

astrospride Level III

Well if people would not make hasty or bad decisions, we wouldn't have such a high divorce rate, esp. in the US over here.

17. rpmonkey80

rpmonkey80 Newbie

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's REALLY not that complicated:

Two people love each other. They want to live a life together and have each other as their first priorities.

Religion shouldn't play any part. Gender shouldn't play any part. They aren't bothering or hurting you by being gay, lesbian, or bi. The only people who actually despise gay marriage are the closed-minded, conservative freaks who were brainwashed by the age of two.

18. fz

fz Level I

For me, same sex marriages are fine. It doesnt mean that by being homosexual, you're abnormal. different homosexuals will have valid reasons and causes that make them who they are. for example, take sexually abused from young. it is others who have caused the trauma to the victim. you can't blame the victim for being like that in the future. in any case, it is best to respect others. same sex marriages are uncommon but it takes a whole lot of courage from the couple to announce the marriage. so yeah, homosexuals receive my respect.

19. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

Marriage is sacred. I dont believe it show be legalized.

20. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

I've read every post and just wanted to make a few comments. I think you will find my point of view very quickly.

Who says the line drawn in the past is a good one that should be upheld? There were a lot of practices in the past that were changed because they weren't the best thing to do...do you need examples?

Some of the best human beings I know have been adopted by gay parents (I know a few). This is because they don't grow up and say, "eww my parents are gay!", as they grow up they have questions about why their family is different, yes, but they grow up to be more understanding and patient. There is obvious abuse and name calling which is unfortunate but it builds character. Plus that wouldn't happen if people had just accepted gays.

I can't let you get away with this one. Look at divorce rates in America. It's like 50% for straight couples and even though I don't know the exact figure for gay couples, I can tell you right now it's not nearly as close. Commitment? And this thing about gays having up to 500 partners...I don't know how they came up with that number.

Gays work and pay taxes. The government says they can't get married but they still have to pay taxes. :)....
    Gays can't have kids. They adopt. America has a huge amount of orphans. Why? Straight couples. Gays give a loving home to kids that would otherwise grow up in group houses or foster homes being bounced around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.