1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alone1, Nov 9, 2006.

?

should it be allowed everywhere?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutrality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

no it wasn't you fu*king idiot

2. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

haha I meant to say something like that

3. _YoMomZoNaStIcK_

_YoMomZoNaStIcK_ Level III

who cares if they wanna be gay let them be gay its their life not ours and who cares as long as their not gay with me its cool :)

4. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

yeah ! good speak !

5. micorazonesazul

micorazonesazul Level III

There really isn't a need to get rude with him. It is only a friendly debate. It is a DEBATE for a reason. Don't expect everyone to agree.

6. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

what about all those people that arent christian or whatever and dont believe in the bible?

7. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

You can't tell people how they should cut their hair, they are allowed to style it how they want. You can't tell people how to dress, they dress as they please. You can't pick a religion for someone to follow, they'll follow their own beliefs. So WHY can you interfere with someone's life by not allowing them to marry? Regardless of who they are...they are humans and they should have the right to chose to do whatever they want to do.

8. Mr.Underhill

Mr.Underhill Level I

yeah but at least in the US its against the foundation of the country, the Bible and that is a huge paradox

9. Jhnboy

Jhnboy Level II

well said

10. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

The foundation of the country is to discriminate against people?

11. bukkakejesus

bukkakejesus Newbie

I don't expect everyone to agree, however... I expect those that don't to at least have a point or argument that is valid, and not to make a shitty assumption based on what's carved on a fucking wall. As for the rude comment, I have no respect for uneducated twits, if I don't correct him as harshly as I can, who else will?! It's obvious whomever taught him that the U.S was founded on the bible, has failed him. I'm sure now that he is informed, he won't make such a silly mistake in the future.

12. bukkakejesus

bukkakejesus Newbie

Of the U.S? Of course! Haven't you heard of that wonderful "equal but separate" rule that worked oh so well for the African-Americans in the 1950s! [/sarcasm]

Slavery, lynching, female genital mutilation, stoning non-virgin brides, and shock therapy were all seen as traditional practices at some point in time... that doesn't make them right.

America was not founded as a christian nation, therefore it shouldn't be ruled by christian idiocy. I've always found it amusing how zealots are up in arms about homosexuals in general, gay marriage, and abortion... when those two main topics are discussed the least of any "sin" in the bible. There are more passages about adultery, sex outside of marriage, the price (in shekels) that each life is worth, the mixing of meats during meals, and the mixing of fabrics for clothing. People have chosen to focus on those two topics because of personal insecurity. Insecurity with their sexual identity and insecurity in regards to their need to control the bodies of others.

13. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

I agree with you in full. I know of the discrimination that has plagued the US throughout its history also. What I meant with that is that The US was supposed to have equality and freedom for all, although we all know how that turned out. What I thought Jhnboy meant in his post was that 'The USA's foundation was based on the bible and it's discrimination. My problem with that is, 1) The US's foundation was not over the bible, 2) Even though the US has obviously discriminated against many people, that was not what they set out to do (on paper anyways).

"The foundation of the country is to discriminate against people?" = although that's what they did, was that what they said they were going to do?...Maybe according to the bible, but we have all heard the arguments against that already.

14. battle

battle Newbie

i voted no because i believe just men and women should marry each other

please dont flame me o.o

15. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

I JUST rememebered something else. For all of you who are against gay marriage because it is "unnatural": there are many species of animals that are known to have homosexuals among their populations. I'm guessing god didn't create that?

16. seesdude81

seesdude81 Level I

what is so wrong with being gay everyone is different sometimes they are just born that way very feminine

17. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

i dont see y so many people r against it, its not like if ur straight u have to go marry someone of the same sex, it just allows people to show how much they love and care for their life partner...if u dont like the thought of it dont go to a gay wedding

18. bloopopo

bloopopo Level I

heck no

this sets the tone for the next generation...

well thats my thought hehehe

19. bukkakejesus

bukkakejesus Newbie

I mentioned something along those lines in one of my earlier posts, though I got no response from those that seem to think it's "unnatural". -.-

20. bukkakejesus

bukkakejesus Newbie

Sets the tone for the next generation?! Oh, because bringing up a generation of open-minded and accepting youths would just be horrid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.