1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God or evolution ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Milanos, Oct 10, 2007.

?

God or evolution ?

1. God

49 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Both

66 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Evolution

108 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. americanpierg

americanpierg Level III

if god created the big bang, who created god?

2. Yuskei

Yuskei Newbie

Lion=Tiger?

Anyways, your statement says that you have no knowledge of how the body works, and it also shows that you believe that your God puts oxygen in the lungs of random animals so they don't get caught by predators.

Please elaborate.

3. MickaelH

MickaelH Level I

I'm saying both.

What I think is that there's a god somewhere, but he didn't create the earth, he created the universe. So it would be the reason why we could explain everything about the earth by a scientific fact (or almost), because god wouldn't have directly created the earth, but his creation would have created it.

(Sorry if my past tense is wrong xD I'm having some problem in this part of learning english ><)

4. toanaruto

toanaruto Newbie

evolution cuz if there was someone watching us, it'll be freaky and tthe dude wont have time to watch everyone at the same time

5. silverstreak12

silverstreak12 Level I

evolution.
    i mean seriously. how do you explain the fact that there's evidence that whales and dolphins (now extinct versions of them) bear striking resemblances to certain prehistoric canines? that we have a tailbone, when we have no reason to? over the millions upon millions of years life has existed on earth, it's constantly changing. yes, we evolved from monkeys, but monkeys evolved from single-celled organisms.

so god just let countless numbers of his creations die off, never to be remembered, written about or recalled? mmhm.

6. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I think that makes totally no sense at all. It would have no oxygen ? Come on, when you somehow jump to 6 metres height, you can still breathe, too. So why on earth would that giraffe have no oxygen ?

7. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

:lol: i have to read a book called the god delusion for ap physics, i wonder if that will sway my view any>

8. CHticker

CHticker Level I

I dont believe in either.

Im drifting, confused.

9. Arash

Arash Level I

Evolution, aside from the fact that each holy book has been proven wrong by science numerous times, ask yourself this question.

Since everything is created from something what would God be created from, and him always being there is not an acceptable answer.

10. 777

777 Level I

Evo....

11. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I take a lot of offense to that. Wow. I don't call you stupid for believing in a Flying Spaghetti Monster, now do I?

This thread was not made to discuss whether God is real or not, but merely to ask the forum community which creation method they believed in. If you're going to have a discussion on ANYTHING, you should always respect the other's belief. You're not going to really pull in the "non-believers" by calling them stupid. We have brains, we think for ourselves, and that's why were are Atheist. It's not because we are of lower intelligence.

Now to addressing the Evolution v Creationism. Evolution is so true, it's scary. "I didn't come from no monkey!" - A statement I hear a lot when I tell people my view on how we came to be. Now I'll give you a laugh. I live in Georgia. How cool is that? I hate it. Haha.
    Have you ever even looked at a "monkey" skeleton? The resemblances are amazing. Virtually identical. Although that is not in the least proving evolution, it sure does make you wonder. If you have not found out already, I'm Atheist. Raised Methodist and it didn't make any sense. The reason people can not accept evolution is fact is they need religion. They need the comfort of an afterlife. If you don't know anything about evolution aside from that we think we came from monkeys, look it up. I'm not trying to convert you, just to open your mind. Don't totally dismiss something without knowing everything there is to know about it. This also applies to the big bang theory.

Phee likes this.
  12. Freja

Freja Level IV

I believe in evolution. Definately. There is no "big guy" who made up how we should look etc. That is simply impossible. And I know, when we find out what happened in those seconds after big bang, no one will believe that God made the entire world.
    On the other hand, religion is the opium of the people. We simply cannot live without the believe in god, and everyone believe that there is SOMETHING. Otherwise, it would be useless for us to live.

13. DarkConjurer

DarkConjurer Level I

Yeahh id probably say Evolution but thats probably because schools brainwash you with evolution and the fact that ive never actually read the bible.

14. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

I would say both makes sense in which some logic does seem to be true about both things.
    It might be true that we slowly evolved from apes or however. But sometimes that's hard to believe too if you get me.

15. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Skepticism about evolution happens a lot, but atleast that means you've thought about it instead of dismissing it completely. xD
    For about two or three years, I was very wishy-washy about what beliefs i held. I started out Southern Methodist. It never clicked for me. An all powerful loving being, letting his creations suffer like he does on a daily basis. And why send someone to hell for not believing in something that they never had to chance to learn? Nothing really made sense except that "ohhh. So that's how we were made." It only explained creation for me, then I started doing research, learning more, and exploring other religions. They all had a few things in common, but one that was prominent. "We're the ones who are right." If several things all claim to be the one true answer, does that make them all false? Although this was not my exact logic in becoming atheist, it was a small part of it.
    I've accepted that there is no afterlife, as many people use it only for a comfort and do not truly believe in a God.
    This is the only life I'm given and I'm spending it arguing on the internet. :yup:

16. Akoftl

Akoftl Level I

Evolution vs Creationism
    I've noticed that a lot of time people claim that we could not possibly have evolved from a lower being (don't tell PETA I said that :p ), well the evidence is overwhelming on behalf of evolution, and creationism is just a story told because people are afraid of not knowing something. If we see something new, the natural response is either fear or confusion, after that it varies from person to person (usually curiosity). Several genetic test show that our DNA is only a hair's length from our hairy cousins and with some modification we can become that cousin. I'm very interested to see where evolution takes us :D

17. raized

raized Level I

Atheist.

No point in fighting a hypothetical argument. No one knows, no one will ever know :p

18. ladytina317

ladytina317 Newbie

I think theres both..God created the dinos, all those pre-historic animals. I do think that god created them so they could evolve and he just watches over now..

Yeah. I don't know what I'm saying either.

19. Parisdirt1

Parisdirt1 Level III

Since neither can be proven, or dis-proven, I'll stay on the fence till another time. But I'd like to believe in both, more like hope there is a God, and hope that all those years from where man that evolution took over and formed the world we live in today. This is a hard subject to debate, b/c when you get down to it, neither have enough evidence to go one way or another... :/

~Parisdirt

20. FunnyMonkey

FunnyMonkey Level I

Evolution.
    Creationism is just too impossible in my opinion to have happened.
    Science can change views, maybe we were wrong about evolution, maybe it's something else, but Creationism is stubbornly one-sided.