1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God or evolution ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Milanos, Oct 10, 2007.

?

God or evolution ?

1. God

49 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Both

66 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Evolution

108 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. Virre

Virre Level IV

Oh sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying. =)

Science these days uses the hypothetical deductive method which basicly means that you can't prove a theory, but it can be supported or falsified.

edit; commyaji beat me to it :p

2. cardenal

cardenal Level III

uhm, unfortunately, the bible is not one of the books I follow. I don't believe in God. I believe in a higher being, yes, that has control over the evolutionary chain and over other matters of that sort. But not in God. not in the Bible.

and 100 Kudos to you for that counter. it was brilliant [feel free to take those kudos to any haspopped store and redeem them for a cookie]

The fact of the matter is that they proved it in the first place. yes they changed their mind later, but they still believed it firmly for a while. Who's to say that evolution isn't another bumble-bee story? Who's to say that in a couple of years the scientists won't sit back and say, "We "proved" evolution? Whoopsee, our mistake. we have more advanced methods now, so just forget that whole "evolution" story..."
    hence why I brought up the bumble-bee story

3. Virre

Virre Level IV

Just a note;
    It's not unthinkable that evolution will be falsified in the future, but if according to the theories and "data" we have now, it's the one that fits the most.
    That's the whole thing about science, if new information comes, which falsifies the previous theory, the theory is considered discredited.
    This is discussed widely among both scientists and philosophers. =)

4. driftyx

driftyx Level I

eriously... If you have ever studied evolution.... it makes WAY too much sense... all the pieces fit...

The way they pieced it together is so you BELIEVE it. Do you believe we were monkeys? o.0... think about it, I took a class, and I thought it was a load of carrots so I dropped. Sure it makes sense, but thats like someone telling you

The Sky is Blue... sure it is but can you prove it?

They can't prove that Humans were once monkeys, I believe the skulls and skeletons they find, are similar species to humans, as like the common household cat is to the lion. Has a tail, walks on all fours etc. :D

5. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

pagan don't believe in god. or atleast the christian one.. >:)

6. K1TT3N

K1TT3N Level I

I dont believe that we evolved from those cavemen.

7. turato

turato Level III

I do, what do you think we evolved from then?

8. driftyx

driftyx Level I

THE ELECTRON! WOOOOOOO. xD

and cavemen has extra proton or something so they were wack, monkeys have more neutrons so they got tails, Wooo ;d

9. K1TT3N

K1TT3N Level I

We didnt evolve from nothing. We came like this.. LOL

10. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

:lol: So what do you have to say about the scientific evidence? That includes fossils.

11. driftyx

driftyx Level I

So what do you have to say about the scientific evidence? That includes fossils.

LIES. Artifially made ;D they are clay. Whats a dinosaur?

12. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

... That's just a lame post :D

A dynosaur is a creature that lived over 65 million years ago. And the chicken evolved from the T-Rex.

13. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

if the media can really pull off such a huge lie than we must all watch out.

It is quite obvious that dinosaurs exist and that we did evolved from something. But that does not mean that there is no such thing as god.

14. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

ERghhh....how many times do I have to say it. We were never apes. Or monkeys. And the modern evolutionary theory hasn't been pieced together to try to make you believe it. There have been so many studies on genetic drift and natural selection, including fossils, so the theory has been made that fits best with the evidence that we have found. As for the horse/horse ancestor fossils, that is a hole in the theory. But in general, the theory is still applicable.
    No, we can't prove the sky is blue.As Virre and I have said, you can't prove a theory, only support it. But if you look out on a bright clear day, what do you see? The sky. I perceive the sky to be blue. Science explains it as the scattered sunlight upon contact with the atmospheric gases. But if you still see the sky with your own eyes on a clear sunny day and don't believe it is blue, then how are we meant to convince you? It's really more of a philosophical question: What is blue?
    Well, if you are using that example, the theory is that the household cat and the lion shared a common ancestor, but have evolved to the forms that they hold now. The same with us and the fossils we have found. They were either our ancestors, or they had branched off into their own evolutionary chain and died out, like the Neanderthals. So really, it is still pertaining to evolution.

15. cardenal

cardenal Level III

^^ what did that have to do with our discussion?
    we just had a debate about this fossil story... fossils are scientific evidence of anything besides the fact that an animal died...
    but, like I said, read a couple of posts up

so, you believe in the Adam+Eve theory?

16. chikorita_S

chikorita_S Level I

I believe in god because if we evolved from animals such as apes, How did the apes get here?
    I also heard on KCTV5 or FOX 4 that they have scientific or mathematical proof god exists.

17. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Apes evolved from other species ;)

Anyway, show me the proof ?

18. chikorita_S

chikorita_S Level I

I That archive was a long time ago.

19. noncheatercheater

Because one ape could have evolved into more than one thing?

Or there were multiple different apes and depending on the environment, some didn't evolve because there wasnt' a need to?

20. cardenal

cardenal Level III

and where did these other species come from?