1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God or evolution ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Milanos, Oct 10, 2007.

?

God or evolution ?

1. God

49 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Both

66 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Evolution

108 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

He is just trying to say that he does not care, does not want to think about to try and reason out what he actually believes in.

2. Mastercjb

Mastercjb Level IV

But theres the great part about it, She came from her mom and so on, I personally dont care about the beginning. Its completely irrelevant at the time.

3. Revenge_x

Revenge_x Newbie

You cant believe in both.... we are just in our imagination

4. driftyx

driftyx Level I

GO JESUS! GOD FO LYFE.! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHATS EVOLUTION! JOIN THE PARADE. GOD GOD GOD

5. Mastercjb

Mastercjb Level IV

evolution, is the theory that everything evolved over time, and god is just a made up person basically. Evolution is saying that it all started from 1 things and spread to be what we are today.

6. sjoniie

sjoniie Level I

evolution, there is no proof for god and there is proof for evolution so... :yup:

7. cardenal

cardenal Level III

//just a quick rant to get this out of my system

you should read all the posts before you say something like that. We've had a long discussion about this so called "proof" of evolution

with a categorical statement like that you're bound to piss someone off. I don't believe in God, but you can't say, just because you don't believe in him, that he IS made up. Say that you believe that he is made up, don't just make such blunt categorical statements.

//end rant :)

sometimes I think that as well, or maybe its a matrix style thing we've got going on. How can we tell if we're actually real. Does an insane person know that they're insane?

8. Ice

Ice Level IV

God

9. chikorita_S

chikorita_S Level I

Exactly you can't believe in both, It was either evolution, Or god, You know why their is so much proof of evolution..Its simple, Because it doesn't exist, theirs no proof god exist, So that makes me believe god exist more.

10. Virre

Virre Level IV

Yes you can.
    You can have a personal belief, which is very common (if not all believes are personal), that God exists, that he created the Universe, that he has a divine plan, that he put things in movement.
    The fact is that every effect must have an action behind it. A ball don't move unless something has touched it, or interacted with it's surroundings. This is why I belive that the Big Bang theory is wrong. Nothing just happens, there must be a cause (not necessarily a spritual one if you don't belive in that sort of thing) behind every action.

11. derrick599

derrick599 Level I

i believe in both but im mostly for jesus because of my family... and i also believe in aliens on other planets and big bang and the satelite theory...but im still catholic
    the_skip: Do not Double Post

12. derrick599

derrick599 Level I

and i also believe in aliens on other planets and big bang and the satelite theory...but im still catholic

13. superperson

superperson Level II

I believe in both. ^^ I mean God has to be there, right? Well, and evolution of course it makes sense and so basically together = my belief.

14. Mastercjb

Mastercjb Level IV

with a categorical statement like that you're bound to piss someone off. I don't believe in God, but you can't say, just because you don't believe in him, that he IS made up. Say that you believe that he is made up, don't just make such blunt categorical statements.

Sorry, I was not saying god was made up. I was explaining that the theory of evolution, is telling people that the earth was formed but 1 things and so on, and that god was made up acording to this theory. Sorry If people misunderstood me.

Sorry, I was not saying god was made up. I was explaining that the theory of evolution, is telling people that the earth was formed but 1 things and so on, and that god was made up according to this theory. Sorry If people misunderstood me.

Don't double post. Use the edit button.

15. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

The theory never says God was made up. It just goes against what is taught in the Bible, that God created us, as is.
    Maybe it was God that sparked life, and let evolution take its course.

16. cardenal

cardenal Level III

That's what I believe, not God, per say, but a higher being of some sort. Because humans have definately evolved, maybe not as seriously as some people believe, but 50 years ago, humans couldn't run as fast as we can run now. isn't that evolution?

17. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

I firmly believe in God, I mean can we honestly believe that we evolved from monkies? If that is true then why arent there still people that are evolving to this to from a monkey into a human, but besides the point I still would Believe in God.

18. cardenal

cardenal Level III

you can still believe in evolution without believing that we evolved from monkies. I don't doubt that we've evolved, its just minor stuff.
    and yes, some people honestly do believe that we evolved from monkies...

19. Virre

Virre Level IV

Please read through the thread before making statements that has already been cleared.
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13594&p=171486&hilit=apes#p171486

20. Skardesn

Skardesn Newbie

well, god creatd the big bang which made single cell organisms which evolved into michael jackson EVERYONE knows that :maha: