1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[GUIDE] Semi-Legit Restocking

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Shawn, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

The Ultimate Guide To Semi-Legit Restocking
    So, you want to restock with an edge over others, but fear being iced? :tehe:
    Then, this is perfect for you. ;)

What you will be needing for this guide:
    Firefox
    Greasemonkey
    Auto Haggler+OCR
    Adblock Plus
    Notepad

Now that you've got all that downloaded/installed
    This semi-legit guide allows you to load the page faster, and when a profitable item appears, you click it, and it will auto haggle and click the neopet in the image for you.

Adblock
    This extension can help you block images of items that are not profitable in shops. Please note that this will also result in the images of these nonprofit items not being displayed in the money tree, inventory or whatever.

Now, when a shop stocks, it comes along with a whole bunch of crap and maybe, one or two great UB things.
    You will have to sort through all these before locating the good item when you're RSing normally.
    But this will help you.

Download the attached files.

Once you have downloaded all of them, go to firefox (you should already have Adblock Plus installed).
    Now in the menu bar of firefox, go to Tools > Adblock Plus Preferences > Filters > Import Filters
    Select the downloaded lists, then go.
    When a pop-up comes up, click the "Append" option.
    Load all the attached lists into your adblock plus filter.
    Click apply after everything is done.

The Restocking Part
    Now all you have to do is head on to the shop for which the useless items you have blocked.
    Lets say, magic shop.

Once on that page, resize the page to fit your screen and not have you need to scroll (ctrl+scrolldown) or (ctrl+'minus')
    You should also notice that there are items which just have the name, stock amount and price, but no image.
    This is what adblock has done for you. It has blocked the pictures of useless items.

Now, go on and restock normally, like how you would do legitly.

I See An Image!!
    You should be excited :D , but don't hesitate.
    Immediately click that image. It's a profitable item (that adblock has not blocked)
    And then click ok in the alert to bring you to the haggle page

I've Clicked The Image!!
    After clicking it, you should be brought to the haggling page (If you're fast enough)
    Dont need to do anything here, just let the Greasemonkey auto haggle+ocr script work its magic.

I've Bought The Item!!
    Great for you.
    PM me on neofriends for my neopets ID and send me that profitable item. :yup:
    Or you could just keep it to yourself.
    And congrats on your semi-legit restock you obtained through this guide.

Credits + Notice
    This guide is written by your friendly Helper, and is not to be reproduced anywhere else except neofriends.net
    :kiss:
    As I've said this is semi-legit, you still have the (low) risk of getting discovered and iced. I will not claim responsibility for any mishaps, only good things shall be accredited to me.

I do not claim that the lists are property of me.
    If you discover any unprofitable items that are not on the list, pm me the url of the image and the list it belongs to.
    I will add it in.

Side note : This post brings me up to level 2 now. Hip Hip Hooray. :)

Attached Files:

2. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Great guide. It'd be nice to find even more adblock lists somewhere...

3. Hally

Hally Level IV

Ewwwwww

I'm semi-appalled at this guide. This is essentially abing, i'm sorry. If you're using auto-haggling and auto OCR, there's really no challenge. I've looked at the auto-ocr script, and it goes so quickly that TNT sees you as an aber. I personally think this is just as risky as actual abing with a program.

You did miss a huge thing in your guide though, I'll wait for someone else to point it out.

4. dreamlorde

dreamlorde Level III

Nice short guide, except to say that semi-legit restocking can and will still get you iced sometimes.

Haha, posts since I started writing this.... what Hally said. Do it too much, or in high-risk skops, and they'll catch you all the same. And then you'll be kicking yourself for sitting at the computer for hours instead of ABing. :(

But still, it's as viable a way of cheating as any other.

5. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Big part missing?
    Did I miss something?

6. Hally

Hally Level IV

Yikes, sorry to threadcrap. I was tired this morning, and I saw you explaining this as semi-legit and got a big peeved. THis isn't semi legit, this is very much illegit :p Just wanted to warn people.

You missed a step there :)

7. CoS

CoS Level IV

Hitting ok :) I noticed that to

Click image then hit enter xD

8. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

I did not know this, very good to know and makes the guide less applicable...

But the adblock lists are still a thumbs up :p

9. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

This is browser based, and thus will yield less suspicion, wont it?

10. dreamlorde

dreamlorde Level III

Buy time is a big deal in freezing. The biggest next to refresh wait time, I believe. Browser-based or not, these things are looked at.

Then there's:
    How long was he in the shop?
    Do they do anything else besides restock?
    And - the big one - how long have they been doing this altogether? I've heard many people say they used settings that worked well for a month or more and then suddenly they were frozen, even though they didn't change a thing.

11. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Now, the script will lag a little as its browser based and stuff.
    Besides, when you're legit RSing, the timings are around (and maybe faster) the timings of the script.

12. jhedra

jhedra Level I

Alright, I've been trying this out for over an hour or so now and I have not seen a single restock. There has been one item sitting in the shop for over an hour. I have the refresh time set at 8, the ad-block list put up etcetc. Is there a problem with something I'm doing or is Kauvara just not restocking? -.-

13. boomm

boomm Level IV

The magic shop doesn't restock that often because the stuff that restocks there are very profitable and rare, which also means that restocking there has a very high freeze rate. I suggest restocking in other places that restocks more yet are still profitable e.g stamps #58.

14. Non

Non Level I

what is the freeze rate for this?

15. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

I've used it slot if I decide to rs manually. No freeze for me yet

16. camzy

camzy Level I

Interesting. I actually like the excitement of restocking normally. Seeing a UB pop up in the shop and getting to the haggling page feels really good! I guess I might give this a try, even though it really is cheating by the haggle scripts.

17. crimson

crimson Level I

Pretty nice and thorough guide. I tried it, and manged to get a few items. nothing too big though. Im just wondering though how long have you guys been using this? and no freeze? Since it does haggle/click the pet quicker than the average person (well seems to me it does). But overall a really nice guide. =] and thank you for the ad blocking alone, haha never tried restocking with blocked images before.

18. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

Yes, often times the auto haggler isn't that fast, the blocking images and re-sizing screen were the most helpful tips for me. Don't always assume that you would have gotten it if you were manually restocking though, remember you are competing with autobuyers :)

The freeze rate should be very low, no guarantees but I've blocked images for years without getting iced, also autohaggled with no problems for months, used a gm ab with no icings for about a month or so. I'd say anything gm is pretty safe

19. Lervendal

Lervendal Level I

I think it's impossible to detect what kind of images your adblock blocks...