1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Billy, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy

Billy Level IV

With the new Harry Potter coming out, this is your place to debate what you think about it. Here are some starter questions.

• Is Dumbledore really dead?
      Is Sirius dead
      Is Snape evil?
      Who is RAB?

Note: This isnt in media because its a place to debate ideas about what will happen, not discuss other aspects of the book.

2. xingz

xingz Level II

I believe Dumbledore is really dead, and that he really planned his own death with Snape, so Snape will gain the trust of Voldy again and then he can destroy him

As for RAB, Regulus Arcturus Black, at least thats what most ppl says

3. Billy

Billy Level IV

Everybody says RAB is Regulus, but why would he betray Voldemort, because he was a death eater... before that at least.

4. moose

moose Level IV

i think that dumbledore is dead and sirus's ghost will in a way haunt harry..
    and i think RAB is going to be a new charechter that is on the side of harry
    i know that voldy will die but that either ron or hermionie will die in the final battle to destroy voldy
    either that or harry will die which i think will be a total hate fest towards j.k. rowling cause lots of ppl like him

5. Excalx

Excalx Level III

My guess:

R.A.B is Sirius' brother. Sirius tells Harry in OOTP that his brother "died" after getting cold feet when voldy asked him to do something personallt (he assumed kill someone)....[Perhaps it was to retreive a horcrux?]

Going with this theory I beleive the Black family tapestry in grimaulde place is a horcrux (just a hunch) because it wont come off the wall and etc?

Dumbledore and Sirius will be infact 100% dead but will probobly come through the arch to talk to harry with black in a sort of rip off of the ghost scene with yoda and obi-wan talking to luke in star wars 6 :lol: (i mean how could jkr resist?)

Dumbledore knew he was going to have to die, snape knew harry was on the rooftop, and spared his life because he really is still working undercover on the side of good...(but he still hates harry which is why he tries to curse [NOT KILL] him during his retreat from hogwarts after killing dumbledore)

Far fetched i know :eek:

I also think harry is a horcrux but no one else but the person on mugglnet.com beleives me. lol

6. palepink

palepink Level IV

People are coming up with so many theories lol A lot are quite ridiculous but so fun to read.

However, I've stopped reading every rumor that's come up for now. I prefer finding out what happens in the book when it finally comes out. I'd hate to know what will happen before reading the book, it'd take all the reading excitement away! At least that's what I think :p

7. Excalx

Excalx Level III

Oh i had a more far fetched theory involving Neville being the chosen one instead of harry...Im just dieing waiting for the book :lol:

8. Richy

Richy Level IV

I don't think anyone is ... makes it more possiblities for things to happen... but if Dumbledore is , Snape is no way evil (though I never truly thought he was), and possibly will be the new headmaster... as for RAB, I have no idea!

9. LiesOfLove

LiesOfLove Level I

I don't think Dumbledore and Sirius are really dead, or at least I hope they aren't :roll:
    As for Sneep, I don't know what to think about him anymore. Maybe Dumbledore really did misjudged him?

RAB? No idea :lol:
    I like being surprised.

10. cameronCRUNK

cameronCRUNK Level IV

Is Dumbledore really dead? Yes
    Is Sirius dead. Yes
    Is Snape evil? No
    Who is RAB? Regulus

11. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

Dumbledore is definitely dead. JK Rowling confirmed it...three times.
    And Sirius is dead, too. But I think they'll both come back in some means in the book. I think "Hallows" in the title refers to Halloween, which might bring forth spirits of either Sirius or Dumbledore...or both. Plus, Dumbledore's headmaster portrait is bound to have some sort of significance.

I don't think Snape is evil. I think he's a really good Occlumens, and that he definitely isn't faking his hatred for Harry, but that doesn't automatically make him evil. And even though the "reason" for Dumbledore's unwavering trust in Snape was revealed in HBP, it seemed a little shallow...and weak. Dumbledore's not an idiot. There must be more behind it.

The most common speculation is that R.A.B. is Regulus Black, and there are a lot of clues that point in his direction. One of the most convincing is that the last initial was changed in other languages of the book. The Dutch word for Black is "zwart," and the initials signed at the end of the note are R.A.Z. and that's just one example. But even though all the signs lean toward Regulus, I feel like it was way too easy to come to that conclusion. He was the first person I thought of because he addressed Voldermort as "The Dark Lord" (the title mostly used by Death Eaters), and the locket that Harry found in 12 Grimmauld Place. But maybe Rowling threw in an easy clue to throw people who read way too much into the books (like me) off. I guess we'll just have to wait 11 more days to find out for sure.

What I'm most looking forward to is putting my confusion about the horcruxes to rest. And hopefully Harry dies. I'll be pissed if he doesn't.

12. Excalx

Excalx Level III

Harry hater :(

*Is skipping football practice to read the book* :lol:

13. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

I'm not a Harry hater. I love Harry, but I don't see how I could be satisfied with an ending that allows Harry to live. There has to be a price to pay when defeating evil (aka Voldemort). It's the only way to maintain a balance. Main charaters will definitely die, and it makes the most sense if Harry's one of characters that dies. It puts an end to all the stupid merchandising and prevents any spins offs or continuances from loser authors. Now that would piss me off....

14. Billy

Billy Level IV

Yes, i remember JKR saying that she would make it so nobody else could pick up where it ended and she couldnt make more books, so Harry dieing would definitely end it for good.

15. Richy

Richy Level IV

rofl, what if she meant she would hunt down anyone trying to :lol:

well, truthfully, I too hope Harry Dies... and I want something bad to happen to all of Ravenclaw... I never liked them all that much!

16. Excalx

Excalx Level III

Fair enough....You know there will be spinoffs regardless. with such huge $$$ being spent on the franchise...everyone wants a piece of the pie.

There is a harry potter themepark in the works.....

I for one want a potter mmorpg 8)

17. hollywooddramanut

hollywooddramanut Level III

yer dumbledore is dead

silly old man!

18. xingz

xingz Level II

haha a HP mmorpg sounds fan, would be kinda like the ps2 games no? collecting jellybeans and stuff

19. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

True, but it's going to be so very obnoxious. I, for one, won't partake in anything HP after book 7...well, except for the movies.

20. Richy

Richy Level IV

theme park... interesting, never heard of a theme park off one series of books xD

but the MMORPG, that sounds like it would be amazing! I do hope someone makes one... and if they had JK's permission, it would be so much better (people would fund them more, easier to spread the word, more players)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.