1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitting a girl.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cameronCRUNK, May 2, 2008.

1. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Dude, I can see where you coming from. Like hard work is pretty much the key to being successful and is insanely for anything. But your saying that women and men are equal physically? Thats just not true. So like lets use your example of sport, and crank it up a notch: the Olympics. The absolute zenith, pinnacle of sports. Clearly you can see discrepencies in the fact that male races are faster than female? Surely you cant argue that those females arent trying hard enough? I'm not sexist by any means, im merely stating the facts. Generally men are my physically orientated [insert theory of men as hunters and women as nurteres here etc etc] though women are more adept at emotions and that sorta stuff - note another generalisation.

Haha i just realised i like to cover my ass when it comes to arguments :) im a cautious person

2. silverstreak12

silverstreak12 Level I

honestly? it kinda ticks me off that people would even have to ask this question. even now, when we're stated to be equal to our opposite gender, we're still coddled and shielded from the "brutal harshness" of the male world. we take more pain than men do, hands down. we have the whole birth thing, not to mention when we lose our virginity it's much more painful that when men do, ripping and bleeding. plus, we can get raped, we have periods, cervical cancer, breast cancer and ovarian cancer. granted, you've got testicular and prostate, but we have so much to deal with that i think that match-up alone makes us unequal. i myself don't really care if a guy hits me. if i'm hitting him, i expect to hit me back. i'd be surprised if he didn't. we're so much stronger than most normal guys make us out to be, and although you may have the upper hand in terms of physical strength, you really don't seem to realize the gravity of all we take. if i had to choose between a bodybuilder punching me or giving birth without any sort of pain relief, i'd choose bodybuilder.

(note, i'm not trying to be a feminist, i'm just defending my sex.)

oh, and i noticed that some people said "if a girl's not acting like a girl, yea sure" or something along the lines... basically you're saying if we're not kissing puppies, playing barbies, freaking out at blood and screaming if we get so much as stung by a bee... mmhm. let's see. if you're not acting like a womanizing, egotistical shallow idiot, i should label you unworthy of testicles?
    just playing off of stereotypes.

3. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

I don't understand why people say you should never hit a girl.

If she is really throwing punches I would not hesitate to punch back or something. Im not going to try to talk my way out of it.

4. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I say if they hit you, hit them back. Women fought a long time to be seen as equal to men, well, then you'll be treated like a man.

So seriously, don't start the fight with a girl, but DO hit her back.

5. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

I wonder when a girl will show up and give their opinion on this matter.

6. masalaking

masalaking Level II

I wouldn't hit a girl. It makes me feel wierd, even if she's mad mouthing. I'd just get another girl to hit her. :D

7. silverstreak12

silverstreak12 Level I

i showed up and gave my opinion. o_O

8. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

men not being allowed to hit girls comes from chauvanistic times, but women now seem to be opposed to chauvanism, so it shouldn't be considered that terrible for a guy to hit a girl. that being said, it should only happen in a fair fight. if the guy is clearly bigger and stronger, he should try and avoid violence.

p.s. i have no idea how to spell chauvanistic i did the best i could :)

9. skeptic65

skeptic65 Newbie

If it is a means of defense, I don't see why not.

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Level II

In general I always tell my brother not to hit girls, which he doesn't. But if a girl was beating him up.... I'd say try and walk away or restrain them. If that fails then I guess there's no other option. Though it's a pretty crazy situation, fighting isn't good.

In saying this, I was once sparring with this really big dude kickboxing and he broke my rib haha but not the same thing...

11. snowfangpup

snowfangpup Newbie

i agree with Rebecca...you dont need to attack a girl back because guys have plenty of strength just to restrain them. Just pin them untill they calm down then let em up. All though i dont think anyone should hit anybody, boy or girl.

12. ihateregister22

ihateregister22 Level I

If the girl if not hitting the guy, then NO WAY should he hit her, and if she hits the guy, well just defend or if she gets overboard, just bash her up cause she must be real crazy.

13. imran446

imran446 Newbie

if its all in self defence the should give her a pimp slap o_O

14. kelc3949

kelc3949 Level I

I say if shes mad at you calm her down, hug her and if that doesnt work......run dude lol

15. CHticker

CHticker Level I

If she has a weapon i'd say yeah, knock her out. If she's just wailing on you, run away, haha.

16. Arash

Arash Level I

Hitting should be regardless of gender, if somebody gives you reason to hit them, do it. You shouldn't worry about if they are a boy or a girl.

17. 777

777 Level I

No.
    You should NEVER hit a girl.

18. Istoph_domo

Istoph_domo Level I

Strange how many girls argue about not being treated equally, but still think they should get special treatment. Do they not realize that when they ask for equality, they are asking for the good and bad aspects of it?

19. Theangeltyreal

This is kind of a tricky question, only because of the religious foundings of western education and culture. Most people will think it is completely not O.K to hit a women, although in reality, it isn't much different then hitting a man. It's the labels we put on it, especially feminists and conservative republicans that send such mixed messages in the ways women "should" be treated. In all honesty, we should treat them completely equal to men. Consider this, if a 105 pound man that is 5'6 starts hitting you. It doesn't really hurt very much, but it is annoying. You would use restraint, maybe hold their hands, keep them restricted, you wouldn't all out beat them down. The same reasoning works the other way, consider a 200 pound weight lifting woman, ready to knock you out. I'd be ready to run, regardless of sex.

Just my two cents.:)

20. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

The form of abusing is not usually the way to solve problems, although its effective, it should be the last resort.