1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitting a girl.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cameronCRUNK, May 2, 2008.

1. weldn

weldn Level II

For my own good,
    i think i probably will never hit a girl,
    which will almost always cause her to accuse me of trying to kill her or so.
    And worse, many people will just choose to believe the girl without even listening to my argument !
    it seems like the disadvantage is really obvious .

2. Armin2008

Armin2008 Newbie

kind of a touchy subject, but I guess thats why it is on this board. Anyway, self defense isn't illegal. Abuse on the other hand is.

3. Armin2008

Armin2008 Newbie

You really have to know when to draw the line if you know what I mean

4. woooot

woooot Level II

Playfully yes, harmfully, a big fat no (that takes up TWO airplane seats, also meaning it had to pay double the airfare!!)

5. djderrer49659

djderrer49659 Newbie

I think it'd all depend on a situation. Like if yes the girl was beating the shit out of the guy then they can try and defend themselves. They have that right and it'd be sexist to not allow them that. Definitely if they are over powered, because now a days some women are stronger then some men. But if it was the man just out right hitting a female. I'd disapprove of that.

6. SinkingThoughts

SinkingThoughts Level I

Errr, I wouldn't hit one unless... nah, I don't think I'd be able to =.= Maybe restrain her, but hitting? That's difficult.

7. krilas

krilas Level II

If the girl is hitting me for no reason then maybe I would just push her away or something, though I have no idea what I would do if she continued. I would try to refrain from hitting a girl, but if the situation really calls for it (she's gone mad or something holding a chopper) then there wouldn't really be a choice.

8. Ka0hinani

Ka0hinani Newbie

I've wondered what the boundaries are and I would have to say that for a guy, as long as he isn't getting hurt should never hit a girl. He should walk away. However if she's using a weapon or inflicting damage some boundaries should be crossed in order protect himself and in the end get away from the situation.

It was an issue for me in a past relationship that I had. My ex and I would get into arguments and once when we were in my room his language towards me got so filthy I slapped him in his face. His reaction was to throw me into a wall and pin me there, screaming into my face and hitting me with his forearm. He then would throw me to the ground and every time I tried to get up, push me back over. To me, this was completely unnecessary. A slap to the face for directing every vulgar word at me was not enough to justify what he did. After the incident he said he felt, "Kinda bad," but not really since I slapped him first.

The opinions vary and situations too. Most people who I confided in told me that he was wrong while others said, “Well you shouldn’t have slapped him.”

9. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

Some guy tried to drag me into his car. I think that I broke his nose.
    Use reasonable force and only use it when necessary, no matter who the situation concerns. That would be my new motto.
    For now, anyway.
    I'm sure that it'll change soon.

10. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

If the guy is stronger than the girl then he should just restrain her as there is no need to hit her. If we are talking a female kickboxing champion then I don't see the issue I personally wouldn't hit a woman and I don't think I would ever be in the situation where I would need to but if some crazed woman came at me with a knife I'm not going to let her stab me.

11. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

This guy someones up my exact strict opinion on the subject, no excuses and a fine line are all that need to be considered

12. waatp42

waatp42 Level I

I would if she asked me nicely :yup: On a serious note you could always try to hit my cousin ...she was a world champion boxer (one of the first) she would probably feed you your own entrails if you tried it with her :yup:

13. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

I would take her down :p

I would show her my nipple and she would drown in her own drool...

14. waatp42

waatp42 Level I

Okay :lol:

I am actually chuckling at that....good one :arf:

Should never have removed the ring from mine :yup: