1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ketomi

ketomi Newbie

I think that people should have the right to be with whom ever they chose to be with. Us, as humans have no right to judge others on ANYTHING.

2. elite monkeh

elite monkeh Level I

To me its a touchy subject. I have nothing wrong with gays, lesbians, or bisexuals, however, I don't know if they're always the right people to raise a kid. Its akward for a kid to have friends over and they find out he has two male parents. Up until then, what he thought was normal is suddenly something the whole school knows about. It would be nice to live in a world where this kind of thing was considered normal though.

3. meowmeow1

meowmeow1 Level I

Homosexuality has always been an issue in all societies..whether it's accepted or not. I personally think that being homosexual is something that you're born with or that you acquire because you have some sort of messed up childhood (this is where I categorize those so called 'bisexuals')...and I also think that a majority of people do it to gain attention. When I was in school being a girl it was 'cool' to be bi because it got guys attention...

I don't have a problem with gay people at all, I actually have a guy friend that's gay and he's a completely cool person. The only thing that gets on my nerves is the flamboyancy of it all. I mean if you're gay...okay...but seriously is it necessary to have things like gay parades and shit? I mean keep it to yourself...I don't go around fondling and kissing my boyfriend in public to get attention. It seems now that being gay is some cool thing to do/be...and people that label themselves as such try to get as much attention as possible with it...then again reread my first paragraph on my thoughts on people just being 'gay' for attention.

Now on the whole marriage issue....obviously if you love someone you love someone...and I don't think that you should be kept away from that. BUT...I do see marriage as a ceremony that was intended to be between a man and a woman. I would definitely agree with 'Civil Unions' though, I feel that it's a good compromise for the issue.

4. keevarr

keevarr Newbie

To all you Chrisitans out there:
    Didn't Jesus state that the two most important commandments were to love God and to love thy neighbour? Obviously by discriminating against someone for such an injust cause is a form of hate and so you aren't showing love to your neighbour but the opposite. By doing such you're not only breaking a commandment but also shaming Jesus.

5. lnconcise

lnconcise Level III

Exactly. Besides, the Bible contains alot of stuff that contradicts the other stuff. It's man-made and not a reliable source of information.

6. Zeyra

Zeyra Newbie

I agree with homosexuality. It's definitely nature. My parents never talked about homosexuality or anything and are both Catholic (and I was born into Catholicism) and I am bisexual.

As you can see, I wouldn't mind telling people if I were gay or bisexual.

7. michaelli09201994

I just don't see why people make it their business to care about it. It's personal preference... Kind of like if Jimmy like tacos and Andy likes burritos (pardon the pitiful excuse of an analogy). It's their own choice and I don't think it's other people's place to stick their noses in it...

8. hunnybunny

hunnybunny Level I

My mom would go crazy if I turned lesbian... which is why I wouldn't. I am a Christian, and men belong with women and women with men... A lot of people are gay now... It sucks.

9. Dnarg

Dnarg Level I

Didn't read through all the pages (21 is a lot...) but I do have to say wtf to:

I couldn't take anything in that quote (from the facebook group) seriously after I read that. Professionals would not just stop treating a person because they were transgendered - they'd lose their job and would probably be sued. Not to mention if probably would not bother them after treating people from severe accidents and whatnot.

That aside, I'd like to think that I don't have any problem with homosexual people, but obviously, I do judge from time to time, though I always keep it to myself.

I do believe that it is against nature, however - as biologically, we're made to reproduce so we can successfully pass on our genes but homosexuals are not able to do so.

10. Noor

Noor Level I

I think people should like who ever they want to. Honestly , it is their life , not yours.

11. Pandar

Pandar Level I

Yet people are born infertile all the time. HMMMM.

I say, who cares, let them do what they want. It doesn't sully marriage, and even if it did, I think there are worse things that make religion look ridiculous anyway. Besides, churches are supposed to practice acceptance.

12. Dnarg

Dnarg Level I

If we were looking at it from a purely biology point of view, then those individuals would be considered not as 'fit' and they would not be able to reproduce and would be removed by natural/sexual selection - thus their genes would not be passed on.

13. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

OK This topic seems simple...

[​IMG]

14. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

I seriously hope that was a really really tasteless attempt at humour.

15. Tequila

Tequila Level I

i found it quite funny :lol:
    but im not against homosexuality i used to go out with a girl and i think its up to the ppl witch gender they want to go out with if it makes them happy let em be :)

16. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

No it wasnt.

Why should it be?

Gays are condemed in the bible:
    All our laws are actually derive from the bible, Which means....

If is ok to go against the bible By being gay, it should be ok to go against the law ( I.e murder ect), because both "gay" and "law" derive from the same foundations within the bible.

17. Tequila

Tequila Level I

well everyone has theyre opinion cant fault you for not liking it

18. Dnarg

Dnarg Level I

I would love to see you try and justify this in a court room; I doubt our laws are not based on any religion - they come from socially constructed views on what is considered 'wrong' by society and implemented to maintain order and protect the people.

If we were to go by the 'kill them and let god sort them out' for other things besides being homosexual, I'm pretty sure we would've gone extinct a long time ago.

19. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

Our laws may derive from religious texts but archaic laws have been taken away. Leviticus is where gays are condemned to death Leviticus also advocates slavery says women should be submissive to men and have no rights and also says people who eat shellfish should be stoned to death. Leviticus is bullshit. You disgust me.

If you take this viewpoint black people would be slaves, women would be slaves, gays would be killed, shellfish eaters and people who don't sell their daughters would be killed everyone who is another religion would be killed. This viewpoint is worse than being a Nazi.

20. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Its was hyperthetical & metaphoric...

Wrong... they are... seriously.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God. He created Adam and then made a woman. This is what God has ordained and it is what is right. Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a severe judgment administered by God Himself. This judgment is simple: They are given over to their passions. That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:18ff). As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. Without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance and trusting in Jesus. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no salvation.

Commy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.