1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tequila

Tequila Level I

i dont see nothing wrong with it i mean id rather have a gay couple then a killing or a rapping
    and any other stuff that is inhumane like abusing etc....

2. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death... Nicccce

Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property... Slavery is OK?

Leviticus 25:44-45 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property... Yep slavery is OK

"If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." (Leviticus 20:18)... Sex with a woman during her period has dire punishment.

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)... Oh dear!

"...and the swine, though it divides the hoof, having cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud, is unclean to you."... No Pork!
    \
    "...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)... Wow we are all screwed

"But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you." soo eating shrimp and lobster is also an abomination... ... No lobster or Tuna for us either.

Don't selectively quote the Bible when you will be condemned to death because of it as well you're a pathetic bigot.

3. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

I think people are misunderstanding..

The killing part was just metaphorical, it means being queer is a "sin" and "bad" as judged in the bible.
    It states in the bible gays should be killed so even though i dont actually agree with killing them its a comendable argument.

The photo i posted was the best and cleanest i could get trust me XD

4. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

So be it? I am not judged worthy of heaven... thats not defence of being queer....

Edit: upon reading your post i have not actually broke any of those comendments...

5. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

You have never eaten lobster, tuna or pork. You have never worn a modern material or clothing item. You have side burns down to your knees and a beard that length as well because you have never trimmed those areas...? You have never had an argument with your parents? The same wording and punishment is given in the same book of the bible for eating lobster or tuna you are against homosexuality not because of the Bible but because of your own prejudice.

6. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Never swore at my parents EVER...
    I dont grow facial hair yet... i was a later starter.
    Lobster? tuna ? pork? ... im lucky if i have beans on toast for tea at night.
    I derive his comendment of modern material as "makes" -his point was not to buy clothing for the name or the prestidge--- which i cant afford thus dont.

But either or my sins...

This is no defence of being queer!

7. Dnarg

Dnarg Level I

Laws as they are today? I don't think so. In the beginning they may have, but current laws have evolved from previous ones - changes were made because they were not suitable/insufficient.

What about the shellfish eaters being stoned to death? =/

edit: I take too long to post -.-

As for the metaphorical thing - I'm pretty sure it was taken quite literally ages ago, and if there weren't laws preventing it, there would definitely be people doing it now (if there aren't who haven't already)

And I find it hard to believe that you have been just scraping by in life if you have been a member here since 2008 and have spent so much time posting (though I could be wrong here, 500 posts may not be that much).

And whats your argument about the slavery bits of Leviticus?

8. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Please give me twenty minutes in order to go the shop, then i will reply to why you are wrong.

9. Tequila

Tequila Level I

this topic seems to be taking a different turn most of this hasnt got much to do with thinking if its ok to be homosexual or if you think its not ok ..
    o_O

10. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Whats my personal Stature got to do with gays being dammed in the bible... NOT a valid arguing point or defence for gays

Again "slavery bits of Leviticus" is not what we are arguing... Nevertheless are we all not slaves in some way?

Anyway, we were talking about queers, not finances, not slavery ....

11. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

People do do it today.... And being a queer is still not accepted in many christians eyes.

12. Dnarg

Dnarg Level I

You were using those points to defend, justify and make yourself not answerable to the punishments of Leviticus which you were using to then justify the 'kill them all and let god deal with them'

Which is why I said in brackets (if there aren't who haven't already), though I should/could have worded that better. And I never said that being a queer was accepted by all christians; you don't even have to be religious to not accept homosexuality.

13. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

http://www.carm.org/questions/about-bib ... osexuality
    Unless you are the actual author of that specific page, wouldn't this be classified as plagiarism? Taking somebody's ideas and claiming them as your own?

Also, can you actually claim you have never eaten any meat from a pig, or never eaten any shellfish (eg prawns, mussels) in your whole life?
    Even if the law's origin was the Bible, you can't call them the same thing.
    In the bible it's okay to bring your son up to the city council and have him stoned to death if he's a delinquent. They say that murder is okay.
    Another example is that they say it's okay to stone a woman to death if her husband, upon marrying her can find no evidence of her being a virgin.
    Fendi's argument about the archaic laws is that they are, indeed old. If we decided to take every rule to heart, that means a lot of women and men would be stoned to death, and no consequence would result from it.
    By your reasoning, you would justify murder "Because the Bible says it's okay". That would not hold up in court.

14. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Considering i didnt get it from there not i would not be plagiarism.

15. christinemarie

christinemarie Level II

it's so disgusting to me that there are actually people who think homosexuality is an **abomination*. and i mean, even if you do feel that why - why do you care? how does it affect your life? what is the point of denying complete strangers basic civil rights because of something they can't help? why would you wish pain or death upon COMPLETE STRANGERS? on top of that, it is so bewildering to me that there are young people who feel this way... i don't care too much about the older generation's opinion because honestly they won't be around for much longer but the fact that younger people actually listen to their hatred and carry it out... idk i can't wrap my head around it. homophobia is on the same level as blatant racism to me
    and it bothers me when people try to hide behind religion like that somehow excuses their homophobia. PLEASE. i think god would have a much bigger problem with someone who wants legions of people to die and *burn in hell* than 2 people just doing their thing

16. Arkley

Arkley Level III

What I can't help but wonder is how anyone can support freedom of religion and belief, one of the core ideals of western nations like the US, UK and Canada, and yet still want to force their archaic moral ideals onto other people. News flash, people of the USA: One of the biggest reasons your country fought for its independence was that it didn't want religious beliefs to be dictated by the state. So why now, do you try to force upon people your ways?

And I can't help but wonder; why in the name of whatever fictional deity you worship would you care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes?

17. Will

Will Level IV

The South African bill of rights protects their right to equality. Any imposition on this right is seen as acting unconstitutionally, and no laws can be created to inhibit the right to equality within SA.

18. Arkley

Arkley Level III

Indeed. It's kind of shocking, a how a third world nation stricken with poverty could be more constitutionally forward-thinking than modern western nations.

19. Will

Will Level IV

The bill of rights is almost inapplicable to most of the people living in poverty. Some of them don't even exist (no birth certificate), and even if there was a breach the chances of the matter being taken to a court is very unlikely due to cost.

But in the city, I've actually found it's more first-world than America. And a fair whack of South Africans are city-dwellers, so it's not that stricken with poverty.

20. Jackaroo

Jackaroo Newbie

One thing I need to say about Christians, if they say homosexuality is wrong, but did Jesus judge people?
    Nopee.
    So neither should they.
    Jesus also said Love Thy Neighbor.
    So they should love everyone.

Christianity doesn't completely work out, if you ask me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.