1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't believe I've never posted on this thread with myself being bisexual.

But anyway I won't discuss the rights/wrongs as i quite frankly don't give two craps what any of you think about my personal choice of sexual preference. Nor do i care about anyones views in real life over my choice.

but please, pick a fit guy next time you want to prove a point :) <3

2. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Sorry. xD Would you like to pick another picture for me to use in my experiment?

3. Arisu

Arisu Level I

I don't think it is either right or wrong.
    I mean, it's certainly not wrong. But it's just « like that ».
    For me, it is something absolutely normal. People can have relationships with who they want ; it's their life.
    As long as they stay respectful, I don't mind. Oh, and when I say respectful, it's because some people do feel bad when they see homosexuality in front of them. They don't need to hide or anything, but just don't exagerate.

4. shadowsolitude

shadowsolitude Level I

I think if someone likes the same sex then it's totally fine, just the way people are born.

5. mferrari

mferrari Level I

I don't care because I have never really been bothered by them.. If i started getting hit on maybe my opinion would change, but I guess they have the right to do what they want.

6. helloomisslady

Homosexuality has been scientifically proven that it is in the genes.

I don't see what is wrong with being with the one you love, regardless of gender.

If you are straight, imagine it being illegal to be with your significant other. You wouldn't like that very much, would you?

7. neopets000

neopets000 Newbie

:nope: I don't have a problem with it. It's their life not ours and it doesn't affect us so why should we be concerned? People are always frowning apon it but it's none of there business. I do however have a proble with people who yell out home or lesbian because I don't like being labelled something I'm not.

8. jhedra

jhedra Level I

I see absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality. Why should there be anything wrong with it? It's a lifestyle choice that is completely up to the persons involved. I can't really decide if I believe it to be nature or nurture, it could be either I guess.
    I would be comfortable admitting it, in fact, I am bisexual and no. It's "not a phase", because it would be long over if it were.

9. stallion251

stallion251 Newbie

my younger brother is gay and he said he liked men since he was 7 years old.so i dont think it wrong

10. juvenile

juvenile Level II

seeing as i'm bisexual, and more attracted to females at that, i have no problem whatsoever with homosexuality.
    i don't see it as wrong in any way. if i want to love, marry, and spend the rest of my life with a girl then i'm going to do it regardless of what anyone else says or thinks.
    i'm more than comfortable telling people i'm gay .. in fact i'm pretty proud of it !
    being different is beautiful. :)

11. greightone

greightone Level II

It's all a question of equality.

12. Star

Star Level I

I think love comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, etc.

Love is love.
    If you love someone, you cannot hold it back.
    You also have no choice over what you find attractive.
    It is just who you are.

Be who you were born to be.
    Be what makes you happy.
    No matter who likes it.

13. Jane

Jane Level IV

Nothing against homosexuality.
    Not for it, or against it either.
    I know some gay guys at school, and they're really nice. :]

14. Lexicon

Lexicon Level I

I don't agree with homosexuality. I also don't believe that they are born that way, I haven't met a homosexual person who didn't have some sort of parental issues and I have met lots. Anything that once popular could end humanity should be abolished. And no im not homophobic. I am not scared of homosexuals I interact with them daily and treat them no different than anyone else. My girlfriend lives with a gay guy and hes pretty cool I'd have to say. He is just about the only person ever to give me a run for my money in monopoly.

15. greightone

greightone Level II

Gayness is natures answer to overpopulation.
    Please do not double post. There is an edit button which you can use instead.
    Oh and HIV/AIDS.

16. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Blaming homosexuality on parental issues isn't a very great argument. I don't know anyone who hasn't had some sort of issue with their parents. It's actually quite the opposite of your point of view. The gay people I know have great relationships with their parents, although they still have the same problems any other teenager has with their parents - fighting curfew, defending grades, not wanting to do chores...
    As for the statement "Anything that, once popular, could end humanity should be abolished" - Homosexuality is at it's peak of acceptance thus far and as is the human population. There is no correlation between homosexual "popularity" and the end of the human race. You should actually be thanking those homos for not having kids. We're a bit too crowded right now. And honestly, even if Birkenstock become popular, I won't wear them. I don't see why the same wouldn't apply to homosexuality in my case. Guys won't like guys just because it's "in". Homosexuality isn't a trend, a fad, or the next hottest thing. It's a lifestyle.

17. Raider

Raider Level II

I dont have a problem with homosexual people at all. I dont mind them a bit. What really grinds my gears is homophobes. I mean come on people? Scared of homosexuals? Just because they like the same sex doesnot mean they will try to touch you and have intercourse with you. I think its just taboo to some people and alot of people jump on the bandwagon. If a lesbian comes around me I dont act any different, I feel perfectly comfortable, and so should everyone else. I think people should think for themselves and not worry about what others think or deem "cool". Some people kill themselves when they get harrassed for who they are and its sad. Everyone should be themselves, and people should be accepting. Just because something is not for you, or you arent into it doesnot mean it should be shunned.

18. toesocks

toesocks Level I

Ironically about 1/3 of my friends are homosexual, more women than men too. I'm not gay or anything but I'm not gonna stop my friends doing what they wanna do to eachother. They know I'm straight so they don't try anything so I really don't care.

The only thing I hate are people who act gay to get attention. And an overly-camp voice really bugs me. Sure, you're gay, but you don't have to talk like you have a hormone imbalance or anything lol.

19. ShootingStars

ShootingStars Newbie

I think homosexuality is something that should be considered by critics ): Every one of us is different and we should accept each others flaws. But the topic is very delicate due to religion belief (x Bible Power! o-o

20. mavin

mavin Level I

i'm bi and i've never had parental issues, my family's been really supportive throughout my life.
    i really don't see how loving people regardless of their gender has any connection to family issues, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.