1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvjanisse

jvjanisse Level I

coming from a Homosexual, I can tell you it has nothing to do with choice. (if anything, breasts somewhat scare me.)

I found this online, and it is the reason i dont care if religious people telling me i'm a sinner and i'm going to burn.

"I didn't want to be with a God who made me love men and then told me I was evil because of that, anyway."

if you think we're so sinful why not go look up what the bible says about drinking, or premarital sex. This blind hatred is the cause of all this prejudice against us and why i fear saying anything in the real world about myself. I worry that i might get killed if people found out. Do you have any idea what that feels like to worry that your best friend might hate you if they knew the real you? to constantly hide yourself from everyone? to wonder if your parents might disown you because of who you are? That you might be beaten to death by strangers for something about that you cannot change? Who in their right mind would CHOSE this life? it has nothing to do with choice.

2. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

sry to say again...but the religion thing kinda iffy... but i see where you're comming from.. but like i said before (i think i did, it mighthave been on another forum) i think homosexuality is something that you're born with

3. lacker12

lacker12 Level I

Agreed. and some couples cannot have their own children either...

4. cardenal

cardenal Level III

two men can't just get a "donor". so, ja, it's called adoption...
    there are many different ways for gay couples to have children, and adoption is one of them...

5. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

i think that people are born this way and it is not right to take away thier adopted children...because i have a friend who has two moms and people make fun of him...so i beat them up.

6. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

yey i do too! i have tons of gay friends and friends with gay parents

7. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Mhmm, this is a topic my dad presses on me a lot.
    He is a classic jesus-freak, and whenever we see someone who he decides is homosexual, he has some smart remark like 'Haha, look at that queer. He will burn in hell like the others.'
    Sometimes I just want to open the door and push him out of the car.
    You know?

Anyways, I feel everyone should be able to choose their own faith. I don't think it is wrong to be gay, but it is unatural. Who knows, in our future years (pressuming we don't all turn to dust in 2012) it may become natural.

8. cardenal

cardenal Level III

I don't see how something that is unnatural could become natural?

9. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

well? what is natural? every one has different opinion of what natural means... so please share what is your meaning of natural. Because to me natural means, being and acting the way you came out of the vagina. ;)

10. cardenal

cardenal Level III

I was referring to cheetos post
    so maybe we should ask him.

11. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

lol sry

Cheetos, what is your definition of natural :D

12. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

I don't know, you never know how science can evolve in the future. Our whole perspective could change over time.
    Who knows, in 400 years (once again, pressuming humans still exist) it could be un-natural for woman to love men?
    You never know.

13. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Uhhh, I guess my definition of natural in this case would be, something that everyone sees as being normal, just like M and F are natural these days because it is the way the people in the past have lived.

14. cardenal

cardenal Level III

^^ you should be careful not to double post :)

I think there is a difference between nature and perception, but it would be difficult for me to put a finger on it.
    It would be unnatural for a Zebra to have spots. it's perception if you think that for lions to eat zebras is wrong.
    best example I could think of, sorry o_O

15. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Woops, sorry. Got so into the debate. :arf:

Anyways, I understand what you are saying. Again, like most times in debates my opinion makes no sense towards the accually topic.
    Yes, I easily confuse myself. :lol:

16. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

ha you're not the only one, im sure i've posted my own share of replies that make absolutly no sense at all :yup:

17. cardenal

cardenal Level III

^^ ditto.
    it's all good as long as you try your best to explain yourself. :)

so you're saying that peoples perceptions of homosexuality are that it is "unnatural" [aka they don't like it] but in a few years it might change?

I agree. people are already getting more accepting of homosexuality and that makes me really happy

18. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

I have stood up for this topic many times. I have firm beliefs.
    My main point I always stress is love has no gender. You cannot help who you fall in love with. I know there are plenty of people who think homosexuality is "nasty, wrong, or unnatural". Why should it matter to you as long as someone is happy? You can't believe everything you read or hear. This is strictly my opinion but so many homosexuals go through so much pain, trouble, and discrimination which is uncalled for. Just because they love or like someone of the same sex. This is a cruel world and had disturbed beliefs but I know I can't change everyones opinions. I just think if someone loves them, good for them, do what you want and need to make you and someone else happy.

19. micorazonesazul

micorazonesazul Level III

Personally, I'm not supportive of it...for example, I wouldn't be thrilled to have a gay/lesbian child. Actually, I wouldn't condone it...Sure, everyone claims they're accepting or tolerant of the gay/bi/lesbian community and claim they wouldn't think differently of their children if they were apart of that community...[of course these are usually people who don't have to deal with the subject at hand] but I mean come on, from a pregnant women: you hear :
    " I hope my child is healthy" " I hope my child will be successful"...etc.etc.etc, never in history have I ever heard a pregnant women say... " I hope my child will be gay" or " I hope my child will be a lesbian". ..

20. Virre

Virre Level IV

Well that would be to say that it's better to be gay than straight. It's much more common to see them as equally good.
    I wouldn't mind if my children were gay, just as I wouldn't mind if they were straight. It would be completetly up to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.