1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spawned

Spawned Level I

yeah actually i know what u mean ... i know i stated that i hate when 2 mens kiss in front of me but did i said that i love 2 womans ... it's sure is more attractive then 2 mens OFC ima boy dude but errr i think 2 womans shouldnt go kissin in a mall or something , well they can and boys too but not like ... even heteros shouldn't go like french kissing in public places ...

2. noncheatercheater

oops, I didn't mean for you to think I was specifically talking about you, sorry

3. Spawned

Spawned Level I

ahah np lol was just telling my opinion ^^

4. jvjanisse

jvjanisse Level I

last I heard "they" havent exactly pinpointed what causes homosexuality. Knowing that most of what happens when people fall in love occurs in the brain most likely homosexuality has to do with it also; but you sound like you know much more about this topic than others so please enlighten me; where does homosexuality come from?

5. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

No, they haven't pinpointed it. But if you'll read the last page, the 2nd post, I gave some links that tries to explain where it does come from, and the factors involved in it.

6. jvjanisse

jvjanisse Level I

and for every person you pull out of your hat (and having it on a religious site doesnt help with credibility) i can pull one out of mine and say something different.

7. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

You asked where it came from. I gave you a link. I was trying to be helpful, trying to "enlighten" you, as you say. If you don't believe that site, if you didn't want to be enlightened, those prominent doctors have been quoted on many other sites and no doubt medical journals from where they were quoted from, and when printed in journals, I don't know how much more credible it can be. Please, pull some people out of your hat on saying where homosexuality comes from. I'd be interested to read it.
    I'll go one step further, I'll bring one of my Christian books called "Youth Aflame" and type what it says on homosexuality.
    That does seem to be on the other end of the spectrum of the causes of homosexuality, but since you say you can pull people out of your hat, feel free to.
    If you compare it to other quotes from the website I passed to you, such as
    Which one seems more fair?

8. southsidesoldier

I feel homosexuality is morally wrong, however, with that said, I also believe that people have the right to make their own choices and should not be judged for them. I do not believe gay couples should be allowed to adopt children however, because as a father myself I don't believe its a health environment for a child to be raised in. This is because I feel a child is better off with both a mother and a father figure in their life. especially younger children. I'm undecided on whether homosexual marriages should be allowed.

9. noncheatercheater

i rather have two dads/two moms then one dad or one mom.

10. southsidesoldier

While you may prefer to have two parents of the same gender, most leading psychologists believe that both a father figure and mother figure are key instruments to the healthy mental growth, and mental stability further on in life. Many studies also show that children with same sex parents have a greater chance of struggling with depression and/or self esteem issues. Anyone even considering to be a parent should know that the health and mental wellness of the child comes first.

11. klae17

klae17 Level III

So are you telling same sex parents to not adopt?

Its better to let the kids raise themselves in the orphanage?

12. southsidesoldier

It isn't my decision to make, so, no, Im not telling homosexuals not to adopt. I am however, discouraging the idea. I do believe, on the topic of orphaned children, that heterosexual couples considering having children should heavily consider adoption. I am very much a supporter of adoption.

13. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

I was wondering if you disagreed with this article then
    http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 269&k=9378

14. noncheatercheater

First of all, EVERY.. SINGLE.. CHILD.. will experience low self esteem, self doubt..

and children who DO have both a mother and father do question their gender/sexual orientation/ and everything in between..

I guess if you're talking about back in the early days when men had their fixed roles (which would be working) and women had their fixed roles (which would be cleaning house and staying at home), then yes, you make a valid point, but this is not those times..

15. southsidesoldier

Okay I just typed up a rather lengthy response only to find its not here. I think I may have hit cancel. Summed up: The article didn't have enough information about the actual study to base an opinion off of. Also, I should note that one of my closest siblings is gay, and shares the belief that gays shouldn't be able to adopt. Of course, everything else on the topic of homosexuality we disagree on, lol.

Edit: If you could find a copy of the study itself I would love to read it.

16. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Okay, that's fair enough. I couldn't find a copy, the closest I could get was a quote from a paper, found here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_paren ... _parenting
    And to my knowledge, such studies are not fully posted on the internet. They may be indexed, but their hard copies would be found elsewhere.
    I guess I could say the same with that comment. Did you read the opinion of most of these leading psychologists from a report? If so, where did you find it? Perhaps I could find the paper from my link there.I'd be interested to read what they say. I'd like to know the reasons that children of same sex parents would have a greater chance of depression or self esteem issues.And perhaps if these reasons could be found, guidance could be given to same sex parents to prevent such things from happening, or decrease the rate of occurrence. Same sex couple should be given a fair go.

17. klae17

klae17 Level III

By the way, Different sex parents also raise homosexuals. Its not like if we let homosexuals adopt that we would have an exponential growth of gay people. If only this would happen though, then the world would be much cleaner and well groomed.

18. southsidesoldier

In no way am I trying to say that we should reduce the number of homosexuals. Personally, I would prefer if homosexuality did not exsist, however, if a person is homosexual, they are still a person. Hell, they make better friends in that hey wont steal my girl lol. Like I said, I dont like homosexuality, and I believe its wrong. However, you may believe that some part of my lifestyle is wrong, but as long as you aren't judging me Im not judging you. People make choices for themselves and I am not in a place to judge them. I'll see if I can get permissions to copy portions of the studies online, (If I can find them.) In fact, I plan on spending a considerable amount of time in my library here in moments so they may turn up.

19. klae17

klae17 Level III

We are so worried about this one issue. What i tell people is to worry about themselves and go by their bible first before they worry about me. People lie, cheat, sin and all they can do is worry about other things besides improving themselves

20. southsidesoldier

Honestly, Im not worried in the least if something doesn't affect me or my soldiers, but I really enjoy debate and this is a hot topic nowadays!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.