1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm TEEN and HATE Alcohol.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DeNo, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synidaeum

Synidaeum Level I

I'm almost 19, I live in California. I have to say, it gets prevalent around freshman year, or even junior high here. I mean, truly prevalent around 10th, like someone mentioned. I didn't drink more than a white russian or a screwdriver until probably a week ago. If you're just with a few friends, it's much easier to just get a little buzzed and let it go. I don't particularly like the idea of drinking too much at a party with people I don't know - too much that I could be impulsive about and end up regretting. Plus... being the sober person with a lot of drunk people is incredibly funny.

With that said, I don't really care about alcohol, and I don't think drinking is cool or special (slight chance I inherited Hepatits C from my mom at birth, look it up if this confuses you) since it could just kill me by age thirty if I go even slightly overboard on it. Or even if I don't, haha.

There's a fine line between plenty and too much, and if you're capable of not being too habitual, all is well. I know some people who probably shouldn't be drinking too much because they have incredibly addictive personalities (and a family history of alcoholism).

@ Jane; do you mean beer? Because I'm with you on that, the stuff tastes absolutely terrible. One of the reasons I mostly go for flavored vodka and rum =X (and I'm a strong advocate for having fun without alcohol, but eventually staying in and having some with friends isn't a bad thing...definitely don't do it too early in life though =| )

2. deathblck

deathblck Level I

i drink but smoking is just plain dumb

3. btr3s

btr3s Level II

I used to drink when i was new to drinking alcohol.
    I rarely drink nowadays, probably once or twice in a month or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.