1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iraq War. Leave or stay?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by astrospride, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonage

Stonage Level I

Yes Saddam was killing a lot of innocent people but with no real reason for us to be there whats the point of losing all the soldiers and lives?

Whats the REAL reason we are in Iraq? I hear to help rebuild and help there government take back control of there "out of control" country.

We hung Saddam and bin ladin is still no where to be "found".

2. BobaFett

BobaFett Administrator
    Staff Member

1) To save the lives of countless others that would have been murdered by Hussein.

2) We first entered Iraq to remove Hussein from power and liberate the Iraqi people from his regime. Now that that has been accomplished, we are rebuilding the country. We have rebuilt schools, hospitals, and have enabled the Iraqis to provide their country with basic public services. We can't help that there are still Hussein loyalists and other terrorists in the country still wanting to cause havoc.

3) Osama bin Laden has been in hiding for many years. If he hasn't died from the illnesses it is believed he has or from the bombing of countless former hideouts, he is most likely in Pakistan.

3. k1r0

k1r0 Level III

i actually want to join the war so i can fight and feel proud XD and i think war was a good idea to actually know suddam off the throne of power

4. areo64

areo64 Level II

When did America become the moral police of the world?

Why are we spending our time and money bettering other countries instead of bettering our own?

As far as I'm concerned, the American government should be making things better for American citizens. I pay taxes so that American kids can go to school and so that Americans in need can recieve welfare. If I wanted my money to be going overseas to rebuild a country that will inevitably be war-torn again within a few years, I would donate to charity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.