1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Watched - Rating

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Galifanakis, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Galifanakis

Galifanakis Level I

Post what movie or TV show you last watched, and your rating(/short review) for that movie of tv show episode. :)

///

2001: A Space Odyssey - 2 1/2 Stars
    I understand the allegorical meaning... But I have to say, that was a painfully long and boring movie. I think that if it had been edited more I would have enjoyed it more. Sustaining shots of a rock for three or more minutes is really just uncalled for. I don't understand the heralding of this as a masterpiece.

2. lando

lando Level I

I watched House, and its awesome lol the best show I have to say, educational and funny. 9.5/10

3. Code

Code Level II

Howl’s Moving Castle

9/10

I always love Hayao Miyazaki's movies, so relaxing, no-violent,pretty and imaginative :)

4. Galifanakis

Galifanakis Level I

There Will Be Blood - 7/10
    Started off immeasurably dull, picked up and became absolutely riveting starting at around 30-45 minutes in.

5. Varren

Varren Level I

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Holy cow, this movie was not at all what I expected. First off, let me say that I have not read the books/comics that it's based off of, but seeing this movie made me want to read them. I was thinking this movie would either be really great or really terrible, and lucky for me it turned out to be incredibly amazing. I can't say much because I know if I do I'll end up spoiling something, but I would definitely recommend it because it was witty, unique, and an altogether great experience.

I'm not really good at rating things, but I'd definitely say this is either nine or ten out of ten.

6. Ddvw123abc

Ddvw123abc Level I

TV Show Huge - Was bored so watched with the females of my family. Pretty decent actually.

Movie - Diary of a Wimpy Kid - read all the books so figured I could at least watch it and see how it was. Pretty decent but not that funny.

7. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

White Collar - Watched a few episodes and got hooked. I really like this show -- it's one of those cop-esque shows minus all the drama (like on 24) It's a real light episode-by-episode show. Yeah, there is a main plot that sorta links every episode together but you can watch almost every single episode by itself and you would get everything. The show is isn't too deep and it's really well-written -- funny, witty, and interesting.

Weeds - I made a thread about this but nobody posted :( This season is by far superior to the last 3. It's finally hilarious again with very very smart funny writing. So far, they've thrown away everything that was wrong with the previous seasons and its finally resembling the show that I first got hooked on. (Season 1) WATCH IT

8. Galifanakis

Galifanakis Level I

Scott Pilgrim Versus the World - 10/10
    This movie is insanely awesome. I really didn't know what to expect when I walked in other than "it'll either be good or horrible." Wrong on both counts as it was interesting, visually intense and in general a fun ride. Wow. Just wow.

9. Varren

Varren Level I

The Last Exorcism - 8/10
    I probably would have given it another point or two if it hadn't made me motion sick enough that I seriously had to close my eyes for most of it, but altogether it was actually better than I thought it was going to be and it was really... different than the movies I would normally go see. It was filmed like a documentary so the camera was almost constantly moving and hand held, so I would definitely not recommend it to people like me who get queasy. It had an interesting story, the actors were really good at making their characters their own, and the characters were actually interesting to begin with. I wouldn't see it again (at least, not without some Gravol first) but it was worth seeing the first time.

10. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

I watched a Korean film called "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" at one of my college's international film events. It's actually pretty thrilling, for an Asian equivalent of a spaghetti western.

11. Galifanakis

Galifanakis Level I

The Last Exorcism - 9/10
    I didn't like the ending, but otherwise this was a great movie. The faux documentary style really worked for me, and was really well done. The movie would have been much worse, I think, if not for the actors. The lead actor in particular was amazing, and easily convinced me this was real. If you want your horror movies to get right down to the nitty-gritty with the gore and all that, and don't like things such as The Blair Witch Project, The Exorcist and Poltergeist, don't watch it. However, if you like your horror to come with a thick plot, great acting and an intriguing exposition, this is the movie for you. Also, if you get motion sick - take gravol before watching. The intense moments are done completely handheld, and thus are shaky. Much of the exposition and (essentially) the most interesting portions of the movie in regards to story are rather still, though.

12. Code

Code Level II

Three Idiots 10/10!

Is super awesome and funny, also kinda educational too. In funny, is not like those lameish kicking and fighting. Is something that makes you think and when you get it, is hilarious. I don't know how to explain it xD Is a must see, trust me. A bit long tho, about 2 hours and 30 mins, but is worth it!

13. dragonisk

dragonisk Level II

Vampires Suck - if I could give this a negative score, I would

This movie was total CRAP. I wanted to strangle my friends for dragging me to watch this. Five minutes into this and I wanted to just leave the cinema but my friends said it might get better.... Guess what? It didn't. The jokes were all crap and only about one or two scenes were what I consider "funny".

Step up 3D - 6/10

Don't watch this if you're after the story because you WILL be disappointed. But the dance numbers were pretty awesome (Madd Chadd FTW!). There were a lot of great dance numbers but I felt the last one (with the LEDs) was crap. The second movie, for me, was still better with the dances.

City of Ember - 8/10

Really good. Not as near good as the book but still good on it's own. I liked how as you watched the movie, you slowly get dragged into the world inside your screen. The costumes were really believable too. Great story as well. My only disappointment was that they mentioned the "twist" in the very beginning of the movie whereas in the book the twist was the greatest part. But the rest was awesome.

Oh and if anyone here watched Despicable Me - was it good?

14. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

media-f8/despicable-me-t34014.html

^ Despicable Me thread. Yeah... I'm pretty much the spokesman for that movie here. It's my favorite... BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

15. Galifanakis

Galifanakis Level I

Lost season 1 - Magnificient, wonderful. As much as I love future seasons, this will remain my favourite. 10/10

Lost season 2 - Only ever-so-slightly less wonderful. There are a couple of the best episodes in this set, and one of the most annoying. Fantastic as usual though, Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson are geniuses. 9.5/10

The Prestige - My favourite Christopher Nolan movie. I never get tired of watching it, and I always see new things every time. If you like Nolan's other movies (Inception, Batman Begins/Dark Knight, Memento) you will love Prestige. 10/10

Die Hard - I'm an absolute sucker for the Die Hard movies. The only one I'm not a big fan of is Die Harder. The first, however, will always remain the best. Yippee kayee mother****er. 10/10

16. purple315

purple315 Level III

Scrubs : 10/10. Probably my favorite show. All the characters are so different from eachother, but they fit together perfectly. It's a show that anyone would like really. I've been watching them for all their seasons and I'll keep it up till the end :D!

If someone has seen the new resident evil they should write me a review but not give away anything please. I desperately want to see it.

17. dragonisk

dragonisk Level II

Heh, alright I'll take your word for it! All these clips of that kid saying "It's so fluffy I'm gonna DIE!" is making me want to watch it more

18. purple315

purple315 Level III

Law and Order SVU - My second favorite show! It's entertaining and suspenseful. The mixture of a cop with a bit of an anger management problem, a cop who has dating problems, a cop who is black and sorta thuggish, and a Jewish conspiracy theory cop is an amazing combo.

10/10

Still waiting on that resident evil review :p.

19. Kaden

Kaden Level I

i want that rabbit suit..... no joke, its so weird i love it xD
    that whole movie was one f the best i ever watched :D

last movie i watched:
    Bruno..
    all i have to say, is WEIRD xD... well acted though... a little too realistic.. hard to believe that he is also Borat =P
    6/10

2nd last movie was Wanted:
    sick film, not my MOST favourite, but its defs a 6-7/10

most favourite movies of all time, that i would give 10/10 for:
    Pan's labyrinth, Donnie Darko, Fight Club, American History X, A Scanner Darkly.

I LOVE anything that is arthouse.. if you like strange/well filmed movies, see any of the above =D

20. Galifanakis

Galifanakis Level I

If you like arthouse movies, Kaden, watch Antichrist. It is beautiful and absolutely disgusting and awkward at the same time.

Going the Distance - 6/10
    Funny, far different than what I expected it to be. A romcom, though one that tries to spice things up by being raunchy.

Lost season 3 - 9.5/10
    Contains some of the worst episodes of the series... But at the same time, contains several of the best episodes and the absolute best episode. If only Stranger in a Strange Land didn't exist. *sigh*