1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legilize Marijuana?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Palmer, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcrutus

arcrutus Level I

To much risk involved. Liability and all that. I doubt it'll ever go past this extremely loose "medical" system we already have. I think that's already pretty good :)

2. Badge

Badge Level II

Its legal in Amsterdam isn't it?

3. Grimwolf08

Grimwolf08 Level I

Amsterdam has a policy focused on tolerance. It's not legal over there, it's tolerated. You can't do it in public, only in the coffeeshops and your own home/hotel room.
    And I think it should be legalized. The income potential alone should be enough of an incentive, not to mention the fact that it isn't addictive. That's right, it's NOT addictive. I know many people who smoke it on a regular basis, but when they can't afford it and they have to quit cold turkey for a long period of time they're okay with that. No shakes, no irritability, nothing. Plus, the side effects aren't anything like alcohol. Yep, booze is a hundred times worse. just my opinion, though.

4. gaspanior

gaspanior Level I

Should marijuana be legal? Of course! If the US Government actually considered how much money it brought into the United States per year, they'd think otherwise. Alcohol is 18+ and more deaths are caused by that per year than marijuana. There are side effects to everything we take as far as drugs go, even prescription, that are worse than marijuana. Me personally, the only people who are opposed to it are the ones who have never tried it. I had a negative stereotype to weed before I tried it and all of the stereotypes are not true. I don't sit like a zombie and eat myself out of house and home when I partake. I still have a job, pay my bills, and live life normally. So yeah, why not, help out the economy and your personal D-boy!

5. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

alcohol is a lot more dangerous than marijuana, so yes mj should be legal imo. the only reason alcohol is legal is because the gov't tried to prohibit it before but they failed miserably at it.

6. tarzan993

tarzan993 Level I

It probably should be allowed. Hemp is also very good as clothes, if not for the cartels in early 1900 it would still be legal.

7. vulcan3k

vulcan3k Newbie

Legalize it. It will give America a better atmosphere.

8. Calmwinds

Calmwinds Level I

Sure legalize it, but I would like additional research done on high concentrations of THC 20%+ to see if the health effects are the same at the extreme levels (hash, hash oil etc)

9. Brad

Brad Newbie

I think we should just to gain make more money from taxing them. Regardless if it is legal or illegal, people still do it.

10. Lully

Lully Level I

Of course they should legalize it!
    Besides the financial argument, the point is that marijuana is not half as prejudicial as cigarrets, yet they're sold in every corner.
    It's funny how some people think that if it's legalized the world will turn into chaos. Hello! They'll be legalizing it, not forcing you to use it! Also there are several researches that statistically show there won't be a significant increase on the number of users if it's legalized.

It's all a matter of choice and a democratic government should provide us that right to choose.

11. Stinky

Stinky Newbie

Its a dependent.

Once hooked, good luck getting off it.

It makes you crave it, and you'll do whatever the &^#$ you can to get it.
    It'll ruin your life even if you can get off of it.

I think legalizing it is a bad idea.

12. xavarn10

xavarn10 Level I

We do not have a democratic government. If we really did then we would still have slavery and all, I think that is a fail arguement.

13. pandora

pandora Level I

Tbh i don't think it would make that much of a difference if it was legalized, it's easy to get and unless you have a ridiciulously large amount when you get caught, you barely get a punishment.

14. HeyLisa

HeyLisa Level I

Then why would alcohol be legal? Alcohol is way, way, way more addictive and dangerous for your health than marijuana.

15. bobbarr243

bobbarr243 Level I

Marijuana should remain illegal. If Marijuana were to be legalized, then it would likely become so engrained in out society that all attempts to make it illegal would fail. Basically, once we make it legal, there is no turning back. Further, because many people are able to get Marijuana illegally right now, then people could continue to get it illegally thereby bi-passing any tax that the government put on it. So our government wouldn't even make much money off of it.

16. Saya_Chibi

Saya_Chibi Level I

Lol same goes for me and i totally agree with you :) i've been in such funny situations in finding the perfect place "to do it".. on roof in some forest where we actually got lost later :lol: some abandoned house that was really creepy etc. if it wasn't illegal i don't think it would be the same at all.. the adrenaline and all just gives it an extra boost :p and i think that cigarettes present a much bigger problem since so many teenagers are smoking these days... i mean a lot more that they do pot..

17. hamsterkid

hamsterkid Level I

i want it legalised so that the money can go some place better than giving it to some drug smuggler, because lets be honest, the smugglers arent exactly the friendliest people on the planet

however, i would like to point out that i couldnt really care because i dont smoke, and it doesnt really affect me...

18. TtotheJay

TtotheJay Level II

How about doing some research on what legalizing marijuana would mean. It's not only used for smoking, people... The hemp plants created from cannabis plants can be used for such things as clothing and paper which is used commercially today.

Marijuana can even be used as Biomass fuel, where the pulp of the hemp plant can be burned as is or processed into charcoal, methanol, methane, or gasoline. Methanol makes a good automobile fuel and could even replace gasoline!

And smoking it has many beneficial medical uses as well and can help cancer treatment, AIDS treatment, glaucoma, depression, epilepsy, migraine headaches, asthma, severe pain, and a lot of others.

Also cannabis, as any other biomass fuels, are clean burning and do not increase the amount of CO2 the atmosphere, therefore making breathing easier for may people.

I personally don't smoke marijuana, except on rare occasions. I say LEGALIZE IT!

19. mursu

mursu Newbie

I think that it should be kept illegal, because the people who use it may be dangerous to the other people when theyre using it.

20. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

Sounds awfully like alcohol. Or guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.