1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mooie's DS Game's Reviews/Info

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by WildSnorlax, Mar 31, 2010.

1. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Zzz...
    Heh :) So I figured i'd do one of these. So basically what this is, is that i'll be writing a small summary about all the games i've ever played on the DS. There are many many good games out there, it's just a matter of how its first appeal is to you. For me, I am a little picky with games, bad graphics? Probably a big no no. Stupid story line? Probably a no for me too. So yeah, if you're looking for DS games, take a look at my topic and see if any of these games are interesting to you! Feel free to suggest anything to add. I'll try them out and write something about it!

PLEASE don't tell me to add pokemon on it! I played EVER single version of this game and i'm sure everyone else in the world has some sort of grasp on pokemon.

I am not done writing! Keep checking back! :D

Harvest Moon DS/DS Cute
    Harvest Moon series. I personally never heard of this until I got a DS. It's a cute little RPG {HM Cute is just with a girl character} where you play as a boy/girl who moves into this new town and have a ranch on your own. Beyond farming, watering crops, and selling produce, you also get to do extra things such as getting married with a character of the opposite gender, and interact with animals you can buy. You can also mine and upgrade tools. It took me awhile to get bored of this game, and when I WAS bored of it I was near the end of it.

Picross
    Not many people have heard of this game. It's an intense puzzle game that basically give you hints to fill in tiny boxes; the end product of each level is a picture and a cute little animation. For people who enjoy puzzle/logic games, this is definitely for you. Not recommended for impatient people XD It gets challenging as you unlock more levels.

Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings
    I don't play a lot of Final Fantasy games. This was one of those games that I tried for the heck of it. Of course you can't compare the graphics/game play to the PS series, but this is certainly great none the same. You play as minimized versions of your character, and the cut scenes have decent quality {human like; the famous quality of FF games}. The story line isn't bad.

Final Fantasy: Chocobo Tales
    I guess you can call this a Final Fantasy "spin off" game. You play as a chocobo in this game, starting off with the cut scene of some evil witch coming in and sealing your chocobo friends in cards of some sort. To advance in this game, you play "mini games" that tells a story {After playing a mini game and beating the bad guy birdies the story book will be complete and you rescue your friends}. It's a very very cute game. Not a lot of skills required. The friendly side of FF games; No fighting no nothing. Just races/mini games.

Cooking Mama 1/2/3
    First of all, the accent of "Mama" gets WORST with each game. That's the most annoying part about this game. Since the very 1st one to the 3rd, there have definitely been a lot of new features/mini games implemented. The only problem I have with this game is sometimes their instructions aren't too clear {Rarely} and you have to do practice until you get things right. I played all three for only one reason: to cook. I don't really use many of the new features, such as photo album, & some shopping game in the 3rd one. Fun recipes on all three regardless.

Elebits
    One of the most creative RPG i've played so far! IN this game you role play a boy named Kai whose father studies creatures called "Elebits". It's sort of a logic RPG game. You collect all sorts of Elebits and use "Watts" to open games/active bridges/catch elebits. You also evolve Elebits with watts. Use Elebits to catch other Elebits, etc. Very very cute. I had a hard time figuring out where to go, so I used a guide at some parts. I never really finished it to be honest. Got half way and the game was still promising; I just didn't have time.

Ninjatown
    OMG haha! This is SUCH a cute/hilarious little game! One of my favorites. Basically it's like a tower defense game; except you build ninja huts with different abilities and upgrade them to fight off cookie recipe stealing devils before they reach the end point! There are different forces that target air and ground devils. The storyline is amazingly cute! You also get other upgrades like Training Dojos and what not that boosts the power/speed of the Ninja Huts near by.

The World Ends With You

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Professor Layton 1 & 2 {Curious Village & Diabolical Box}

Touch Detective

2. x0angelus0x

x0angelus0x Level III

Re: Mooie's DS Game Review/Info

You have a pretty good list there. Some I like while some.....meh. Just not my cup of tea. If you like good graphics with good storyline, you should try Shin Megami Tensel: Devil Survivors. The story is epic. It basically talks about everyone in Tokyo is going to die in 7 days (sounds familiar?) and it's up to you to investigate the cause and save the people or you can just escape and not give a damn what comes after. It's a tactical RPG mixed with first person RPG combat.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is also a nice game. The dialogues are funny, the battle is intriguing, the graphic is cute and best of all, you can play as Bowser! What can go wrong with that?

WildSnorlax likes this.
  3. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Re: Mooie's DS Game Review/Info

Ohh wow that Tokyo one sounds creepy yet fun. I'll give both a go later on too :yup:
    I'm trying to get more games to try on my road trip. Being in a car is no fun :(

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Have you tried to add pokemon on the game list?

Oh Yeah, I'm baaad :p Haha...

but seriously... I'm not quite sure what kind of games you mainly enjoy.. But Anything nintendo you HAVE TO HAVE THE MARIO GAMES!!

There are too many too list.. but try them all :D I love Mario!! Mario pwns!

5. x0angelus0x

x0angelus0x Level III

Oh wait, how can I forget Ace Attorney. Currently, there are 5 series. If you never play it before, I suggest you should start now and please start from the first series. It's a game full of twist and turns, plus lots of courtroom drama. Every character is likable and they are full of surprises. The game is witty, fun and will definitely drive you crazy with laughter.

6. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Yup I tried Ace Attorney! I think I got through 2 games or so. The game gets tough at some point heh.

7. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

needs moar pokemans

lol good guide

8. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

CHARLIE I WILL KICK JOO!
    Btw your Golbat avatar made me laugh LOL.
    Almost forgot they used to look like that...

9. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

I know it's so epic. Looks like its tripping off acid