1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Headphones

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Rhett, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

In the market for some new headphones. I think I may buy some high-end in ear ones. Looking for some testimonials of which ones stuck and which ones are mindblowingly amazing. Budget isn't that big of a deal, but I don't want to pay $1000 for a pair of headphones.

Oh, and if you have other random suggestions instead of in ear, post away! I may end up liking over the ear. I just need somewhere to begin. :)

2. rmiles87

rmiles87 Level II

I have these http://www.westone.com/catalog/um2-dual-driver-monitor.
    And i love them. I read a ton of reviews on them before i bought them.
    The clarity is amazing and when i have them in it is pretty much impossible to hear any noise around me.
    They are very comfortable too.

3. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    What are the headphoens going to be used for?

I've got a pair of over the ear Astro A40's and they'd be MUCH better if they were tighter.. However, excellent sound. This are mainly used for game/DJing. (expensiveish)

Astro make a smaller pair for portable music players etc. I can't tell you how they are but I'd assume good. They were on special for like $80 recently too! These are over the ear also.

Not a fan of in ear... Can't find any comfortable ones :(

4. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Oh, I forgot to mention. This is for personal music listening. I'm an audiophile. x)

5. Kaden

Kaden Level I

SkullCandy all the way...

My dad found a pair of headphones in a skip right outside his work... no idea who would throw out WORKING headphones, that are reasonabley expensive.... *Shrugs*

SkullCandy are definately decent... they make headphones AND earphones, so its really all your call..

they look really cool too xD

6. rmiles87

rmiles87 Level II

Just get a nice set of in ear monitors.
    Haven't tried ultimate ears or shure but it seems like they have pretty good reviews.

7. imjustjesus

imjustjesus Level II

My brother bought a pair of $300 skullcandy headphones about a year back and he says he hasn't looked back, said he would have paid $600 for them knowing how good they were. I asked him if there was anything he didnt like about them and he said if he wears them for like 5 hours straight (road trips and plane rides and such) then his hearing is messed for a few hours but other than that he struggles to think of anything wrong with them. I wish I could tell you what they were specifically called because he threw out the packaging but if hit up the skullcandy website im sure you could find them...

http://ca.skullcandy.com/shop/all-produ ... 5wodLloCJw

Oh and all skullcandys just look ballin' no matter what.

8. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Monster Beats Pro by Dr. Dre

I WANT THEM SO BAD D:

9. imjustjesus

imjustjesus Level II

Ohhhhh those are soo nice! I want them!

10. staticbravery

staticbravery Level I

I saw a review of those from some guy on YouTube (TechnoBuffalo), they look bad ass.
    I haven't bought a pair of head phones for more than $25 bucks. I'll probably crap my pants if I ever get a "nice" pair and hear the quality.

11. Kaden

Kaden Level I

lol same sort of thing with me.. i got a really decent pair of earphones with my phone, which doubled as a hands free... they are sooooo good..

then my dad found the skullcandy headphones and i was like JIZZ!!

seriously suggest skullcandy ;)

12. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Meh I had 2 pair of skullcandies the lowriders and skullcrushers and they both broke within 2 months.... Good while they lasted tho

13. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Yeah, I'm not fond of Skull candy. Broke the pair I had in a week and a friend's pair broke in two weeks. Not the best build quality. :(

14. gawjus1234

gawjus1234 Level III

the ear buds that come with the ipod/iphones nowadays are really good in my opinion. they are the only earbuds that will stay in my ear. other than that Bose has some amazing in ear earphones. but they are on the more expensive side but way worth it.

15. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

^^That

I don't own the Pros but I have used them(either pros or studios) on a 8 hour plane ride and they are freaking amazing I couldn't hear anything but the music/movie effects. I do however have the Power Beats http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products ... 5799&cat=2 which I use when I work out and whatnot and they are extremely good,comfortable, and half the price ;) I run with them outside and all I hear is music :D

16. suss90

suss90 Newbie

Just get a nice set of in ear monitors.
    Haven't tried ultimate ears or shure but it seems like they have pretty good reviews.

17. seanmane

seanmane Level II

personally i would recommend the apple headphones.... ha NOT

honestly i LOVE my v-moda vibe duos

18. rienei

rienei Level I

i got a sonny headphones dont know the model number but it has squishy ear muffs and it horribly comfortable. Normally using headphones for hours will make ur ear hurt but this one just cushions it and it doesn't hurt one bit. Comes in 3 sizes and the smallest cost about 70 USD.

Its kinda stylish too XD

19. Diomedes

Diomedes Level I

You shoudl check out some of the sennheisers. :)

I've heard good things about the Sennheiser HD555

20. elinmarker

elinmarker Newbie

If you wish to buy or upgrade your iPhone headphones, it is not easy today because the ear buds of the iPhone stock headphones just over. The device contains a microphone for talking on the phone and a controller to receive and end calls. It also provides a basic control music playback.