1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic Surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ilovemycat, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ilovemycat

ilovemycat Newbie

Would you ever get it? How do you feel about people that do?

Personally, I know I will because undereye bags run in my family and mine are already starting. But it would be the only thing I'd do because I like my face and body overall except for those bags. I'd even get it for my mom because she wants it too.

Also, does anybody here consider orthodontics to be cosmetic surgery? [as a related question]

2. vorak

vorak Level I

It depends on how far people go with their surgeries that make me feel different towards it. Some people can be really insecure and really need a confidence boost so they might have surgery done on their nose, or other "minor places" like that.

I consider it vastly different when a girl with say B cups decides to get implants to have her dream DD cups. It's different in that case; at least for me.

On the orthodontics part... I have a biased opinion, if you could call it that, because I myself had braces. Braces can be cosmetic indeed. I know a friend who got braces just to have straighter teeth. She didn't even need them. She got them just cause she wanted "picture perfect teeth." I had them because, unfortunately, I had bad teeth. My mouth was crowded with too much teeth (2 just didn't wanna come out) and I had to resort to braces to fix my teeth.

3. swing72

swing72 Newbie

Getting braces is like a rite of passage for kids in the United States. Having crooked teeth can cause even more dental problems such as cavities. I'm glad i had braces, and I'm kind of upset that my teeth have shifted a little since i was a kid.

4. Freja

Freja Level IV

I feel like it's your body, do what you want with it if you think it makes you feel better/you thought of all the risks and stuff.
    I don't personally think I'd do it. I mean, sometimes it crosses my mind that some stuff could be altered, but then again I think there's always something you're not 100% happy with no matter how much surgery you get. I also would be terrified of going into a narcosis and just the THOUGHT of somebody cutting my skin and body freaks me out.

I have a lot of friends whose had boob jobs and I just think good on them. I was never into fake boobs but meh. If they like the plastic fantastic boobs then okay. I'd just prefer firm small natural ones rather than big hard ones. But that's meee :p

5. ZephyrStarlight

ZephyrStarlight Level I

I never liked the idea of Plastic Surgery, particuarlly the women that increase their boob size. I always thought they were stupid for doing so. The ones who decreased the size of their breasts though, for medical purposes, don't bother me. If your breasts are giving you back pain, by all means reduce them. Your spine is more important than your boobs anyway.

6. coconutmoon

coconutmoon Level III

I think it's a woman's choice. Many women in the US in particular go way to far with it, but small tasteful changes can be a real ego booster for many women. For example, I would not be opposed to a little sprucing up after having a baby for example.

7. Freja

Freja Level IV

Yeah, but if you only have nipples, I get why you'd want bigger boobs. If I had NOTHING I'd rather want implants than a boys' chest D:

Also, it's not only women who get plastic surgery :p

8. bunnykay

bunnykay Level I

If you want to do it and have the money, then go for it. But do not pressure other people to do it. I would personally never do it because I'm broke as a joke, haha.

Also orthodontics is not considered plastic surgery, or surgery for that matter. Teeth whitening, cosmetic braces, etc. are all for cosmetic purposes.

9. whiteknife96

whiteknife96 Level I

just for the people that need it..

10. larryisamazing

larryisamazing Level II

I think there are cases where it's a good idea, like people with really ugly noses. But, I believe most women who get their breasts done, shouldn't have.

11. whiteknife96

whiteknife96 Level I

yea, an noses change ur life :)

12. thedup

thedup Level IV

I used to be pretty strict on this, but I'll admit that some noses need to be fixed. also, elf ears are cool. but most surgery I'm really opposed to, particularly fake breasts unless there's actually something wrong with them

13. mrr_madeline

mrr_madeline Level I

I do agree with plastic surgery because our bodies are our own property and I think everyone deserves the freedom to do whatever they want with their own bodies. Plus if the surgery goes wrong, they are the ones who will have to live with it for the rest of their lives.
    I actually want plastic surgery. When I will have the money I want to make my breasts smaller =P they aren't that big now nut I've always been quite a tomboy and I never liked big breasts. :yup:

14. tristen1230

tristen1230 Level II

Never in a million years unless I needed for like a medical reason. Not because I want to look beautiful. Plus it is very expensive.

15. razzyrhapsody

razzyrhapsody Newbie

If it's for a medical reason (nose fixed to breathe better, replacing broken teeth, breast reduction for back problems) then I think it's alright, but other than that I don't really see the need for it.

16. jvance08

jvance08 Level II

I'm actually in medical school, so I have a pretty unique perspective. There's the docs that do tummy tucks and boob jobs, and then there's the docs that do facial reconstructions and meaninful work. Try not to generalze so much,

17. kwed5d

kwed5d Newbie

Some people go overboard with it which is sad since there wasn't anything wrong with them in the first place. If your only getting it for something like eye bags though, not re-sculpting your face, I'd imagine there isn't anything wrong with that. Keep in mind that my opinion doesn't matter and everything I say is irreverent.

18. vicksuper

vicksuper Level I

Honestly if it makes you happy you should do it and fuck anyone else who says otherwise. Its your body and you should be allowed to live in it the way you want to. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but they don't need to shove it down your throat every two seconds. And if you're self conscious (depending on what you have done) you can always explain away that bruise on a bar fight.. which will totally make you look badass.

19. yoyobee

yoyobee Level II

dont really mind , i just feel that people who despise it are just feeling jealous .

#life is hard ._.

20. briannatardiff

briannatardiff Level I

i would totally get lypo! thats is all ! everythign else just looks not right to me