1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Programming Team Application]

Discussion in 'Programmer Application' started by Ryan, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan Level II

Q. What programming language(s) do you know?
    I know many languages, including C++, C#, Java and Actionscript well enough to be comfortable in all of them, however Java and Actionscript are my preferences by far because of their object oriented structure. I found that once you hit a point, most languages are quite similar and all you need is a reference to their standard libraries and you are ready to go.

Q. What have you programmed before?
    Lots of experimental stuff, including some extremely brutal cases of recursion and reflection for the sake of learning. The only things you would be interested in is a class I have developed over Apaches HttpClient because it wasn't handling cookies properly, as well as some other small experiments including a neofriends validator and an OCR which cheats a bit to get down to 8Ms (On my computer, which is probably above average, but by no means incredible).
    viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13089
    viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13105
    The point here is that I know how to code, and code properly.

Q. What do you hope to program in the future?
    You can probbably guess by what I have shown so far, but making a pretty extensive ABer is my goal. For now I will be putting together a library of utility classes that will be used in the final program. Once I finish my NetIO class making nearly any program designed to interact with a webpage will just be plugging the pieces together.
    Because of the way Java is structured, all my code is extremely accessible and most complex procedures have been reduced to creating an instance of a class and calling its methods.

I understand if I need to submit a program before being accepted.

2. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

And that is mostly true for many languages. OOP is nice with all the classes and such, and I should be using them alot more. IF you submit some programs then you'll most lickly will get one the team. And I totaly agree with your sig

3. chelsea1

chelsea1 Level IV

yep, that's how simple it is

4. ricky92

ricky92 Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the program thing can be skipped. You are a talented programmer, I saw you Aber GUI and some posts in the Code section, and I think you really deserve it. Congratulations on your new Programmer Title!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.