Refund for Acheteur Ultime 3.3

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Kaito, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

i've previously owned this program, but had my auth removed, due to the period of inactivity, (but who doesn't have a life outside), in addition to the fact that it was removed without further warning.

i'm hoping i'll be able to use the Acheteur Ultime 4.5, or at the bare minimum, get a points refund for AU3.3 that now i'm unable to use.

thanks, and hope to get this resolved soon!

2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Honestly I don't like your chances..

But your best bet would be to PM one of the Mods explaining the situation and they'll probably assess and make a decision.

Don't hold your breath though..

3. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Expons word was no refunds. I can't over-ride this, and neither can any other mods or admins. Much apologies. :(

4. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

hmmm, i've PMed this to him quite some time ago, but he didnt reply, which is why i posted it.

it may sound a bit harsh, but where's the equity in him being able to take breaks for university, while we're unable to take a period of inactivity without our ability to authorization for programs that we've contributed to the forum for, being removed.

5. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Considering he isn't the owner of NF anymore, he is free to come and go as he wishes.
    Therefore if we were to remove programs from inactive users, and he fits into the category, he would also lose the program :lol:

you'll have to PM him, but I wouldn't expect anything to result from it.

6. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Besides, expon visits the site frequently and helps answer questions regarding AU.

7. daFalco

daFalco Level III

This may have happened to me too - I'm kind of confused; where does it state that I will have my priveleges removed for inactivity?

8. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

He stated that if you qualify in all THREE of these areas, then you would have it removed:

-inactive for 3 months without posting
    -Not Level V
    -Never contributed $$ to the forum through donations

9. daFalco

daFalco Level III

Oh, thanks.
    This is quite rattling.

Just a suggestion, but perhaps you could put it somewhere that could be seen on the download page or something. Unless I'm blind and I missed it, which is quite likely too.

10. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

despite being supposedly "inactive" expon has never gone 3 months w/o a post and does log in nearly everyday still

11. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

I plead for them. They deserve their refunds for the program.

I was inactive 1 month (Real Life issues) and know how it is. Losing a program you worked so hard must feel awful.

If you were in their shoes, you will have done the same. :nope:

12. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Well I've been in this situation before and really, if no refund is given you'll just have to get over it. I've been on and off this site since I started and have lost allot of programs and I'm ok with it because you have to understand, using the programs is a privilege that's awarded for contributing to the forum whether that be donating or posting for points. Once you stop contributing whatever the reason may be why should your privileges still remain?

13. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

QFT. There's no reason that your real-life issues would prevent you from having time to post on NF but wouldn't prevent you from having time to use AU and play Neo. It shouldn't even have to be a requirement and I'm against making this officially stated anywhere.

If you stop working at a company do you complain when they take you off the payroll?

14. Freja

Freja Level IV

Just adding this;
    Everytime I'm on AU chat expon is there to answer any questions and just talk
    So it really isn't fair to say that he isn't doing anything

15. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Keep posting and buy it again?
    Stop complaining, he made it, he says whats go`s

16. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

post319798.html#p319798
    Ehh, I need to keep that bookmarked so I don't lose it again :D

I think he'll figure that's his only chance. It's for expon and he needs it for his college fees anyways :)

17. daFalco

daFalco Level III

Before I start, I'd just like to make sure that everyone understands I am not "whining" or "complaining." With that said, there are still a few points I'd like to... well, point out.

So once you start contributing, you shouldn't have the same privileges you once had? You actually have no advantage? IMO it's kind of like work experience, or just about anything else in life. Contributions made/seniority does have some factor in things.

QFT. There's no reason that your real-life issues would prevent you from having time to post on NF but wouldn't prevent you from having time to use AU and play Neo. It shouldn't even have to be a requirement and I'm against making this officially stated anywhere.[/quote]

My real life took me away from not only neofriends, but AU and Neopets as well. In fact, I never even got a chance to use AU at all, which is kind of funny. I just don't understand how you can simply take away something that someone bought and justify it, especially when there is no notice of it.

On the other hand, your analogy is pretty off IMO. Payroll does not equal to a program, because it is explicitly understood in the agreement to have a payroll in the first place that you are WORKING. In the case of a program, there was no statement/agreement that one would have their privileges revoked in x amount of time. If you were to change payroll to an object one bought, ie. a computer, then you'd start cooking. Even then though,, the idea of a company itself does not compare well to a forum, due to the fact that a computer takes space. In that case, even if the company were to trash your computer, I'm sure they'd give notice to the person who owns the computer.

IMO it's kind of like a video game. You play and work and you get stuff of value. When you quit, either the account stays alive and you still have everything (ie. Neopets, Gunbound), or the account doesn't and gets terminated (ie Diablo II) - whatever, life goes on.

I didn't complain. I merely humbly suggested it would have been nice to state it somewhere.

18. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Here's my personal view.
    I think using programs should be directly related to your contribution in the forum. I don't see program usage as a privilege but more as a reward for your contribution to the forum. When you got to the point where you were able get AU through points you were allowed to exchange your points(that you got for contributing) for the privilege of using the program(Unless of course you bought it or donated for it in which case this shouldn't apply to you). You never actually bought it, but were merely given a reward for being active. I do understand your point that it was not stated before hand, and that there is some unfairness in how it was done however; I'm sure it was done with the community as a whole in mind to make sure we stay active. Just think about when new laws are implemented we have to adjust with what was passed down from above, sure we can complain or w/e but ultimately we end up adapting to it.

/rant

19. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

The program isn't a good, or an item, or such: it is NOT a commodity. It is a SERVICE. We do not take away downloads like AB lists, SS lists, etc. But programs are serviced, supported, updated, and improved upon by the programmers who make them. Specifically here, AU is serviced by expon. You are NOT leaving the forum after years of dedication and getting nothing for your contributions; you were given months of program use while you were active (and many many months afterwards). You have undoubtedly made np, possibly and more than likely millions of nps.

And if you want to compare it to a video game, sure, I'd agree with that. When you stop paying Blizzard are you still able to access your WoW account?

If you'd like to equate NF to Neo, then purchasing a program here is like earning np on Noe and then purchasing a SoS. You can use the SoS, and the program, while you're active. but on Neo it's one and the same. To use the SoS you have to be active (obviously, lol), so your items don't disappear. If you're inactive, then you (obviously) can't use the SoS. Neo doesn't need to do anything. On NF, you're able to circumvent the 'system' by being able to never post and neglect the community whilst still using your program. Does that really seem fair?

BobaFett likes this.
  20. daFalco

daFalco Level III

What rather annoys me with this post is the extent to how you've selectively chosen which parts to rebut on my posts, and the forcefulness with which you putting down your opinion, leaving no room at all for other opinions.

Hi there.

I'm not really sure what the point of this was. I have already specifically STATED the differing results of different games, hence leading to more than ONE CHOICE. The point of my entire post was to show how there could be differing opinions on the way the whole thing is handled. Certainly, my opinion is that such a thing cannot be simply taken away, but that wasn't the point. To have you simply disregard the many points of my post and then seemingly shoot it down with a reply that makes me believe you didn't even read my entire post... :nope:

No idea what an SOS is. All I know is that stuff doesn't magically disappear in Neopets, yes, even after "many many months" of absence (Oops, a slight exaggeration, I only meant 3).

If the whole point of this is to simply prevent the neglecting of the Neofriends community WHILST USING a program in Neopets, the steps taken, I must say, are extremely INEFFECTIVE. Three months is a large amount of time, and I were determined to not contribute to the community, I could just pop in every 3 months, post something random in the General section and then disappear for another 3 months.

What I don't understand most of all is how previous contributions to the community do not count towards, well, anything. If I was in a car crash and had to go through rehabilitation, whatever, for 3 months, does that mean after 3 months I am to be punished because I was physically unable to contribute?

I guess it depends on what users you are targeting. If you just want to prevent inactivity in general, then I suppose, deleting downloads is a great way to do it. While you're at it, you might as well delete the person's account as well, right?

In my opinion, if you were to prevent the abuse of a program on Neopets while neglecting this community, a better way would be to say remove authorization after 1 month, and then restore it when the user resumes posting, let's say 10 posts again or something.

Returning to just one little point...

If we really want to go into what's fair, then I'd like to ask if you think the fact that Level 5's are an exception from this rule is "fair." < :lol:

Then again, maybe all I have to do is donate 10 cents to the forum and all these problems could be avoided, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.