1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending FC

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Rider, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rider

Rider Level IV

We should have a feature to send FC. It make the marketplace better for one. And if you think it'll get abused, make it like Lvl3+.

2. Hally

Hally Level IV

The whole idea of forum cash is it's something that YOU earn. Not something you get from your friend, a level 3 who has like 600 and all the programs they want *cough* rider *cough* :p

3. CoS

CoS Level IV

Yeah and I suppose that if people really want to buy it there is a donation system.

4. Rider

Rider Level IV

Lol i have no use for the FC xD

5. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

neither do the majority of us

I've only seen one forum (you know which one rider ;) ) successfully pull off using forum cash as currency. It's actually quite nice and very useful (it's like currency that can't be frozen). But if we were to do it, i think we would need to reset everyone's cash so that we all start at the same level (or at least dock some cash from people that have like 500+. Or we could have two separate cash systems...one for downloads and one for exchange.

6. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

but if we did two different systems what would the exchange cash be good for other than exchanging? also i kinda like this idea :) like if you wanna buy np but you don't have a paypal you can just do a threeway exchange with a person who wants points and has paypal and they can just pay for the np you give them the fc and you get the np :) i think it would work flawlessly :)

7. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

Well for it to actually work, we would need a lot of people who would be willing to use/accept the points/whatever as currency. If only one or two people are interested...it won't work. =P

8. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Im not touching FC, bad idea, failed & abused everyway possible!

9. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

I don't think we'll be implementing that for reasons specified above.
    I'm hoping to create some new uses of forum cash though so that its not just for downloading programs and stuff.

10. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

not really
    I've seen it work wonderfully...so has rider =P

11. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

[16] rhett: I think a cool idea for forum cash would be to be able to buy spots in the black market...
    [16] lazypando: spots?
    [16] rhett: like maybe 1000 forum cash could sticky you store for a week?
    [16] lazypando: o_O
    [16] rhett: or 100 will bump your board back up to the top.
    [16] lazypando: expensive
    [16] rhett: I'm just saying. XD
    [16] lazypando: that'd be fun
    [16] rhett: and then you could bump it as much as you wanted.

here's an idea.

12. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

So actualy posting is not needed anymore?

13. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

It's a suggestion as of now, but then yes, posting wouldn't be needed. I'm guessing there would be a little "Bump (-25)" button, and clicking that would bump your board and deduct 25 cash. This way you could bump whenever and how ever many times you wanted, so long as you can afford it.

14. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

we'd need a MOD for it first (i'm not quite sure if such a thing exists)

of course...it could also be handled manually by the mods

15. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

I would spend all my cash on annoying the people i dont like and bumping there rivals topics...

16. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Manually wouldn't be ideal, but if the idea works well, I suppose it'd be worth it.

At -25 a bump, that's twenty-six annoyances you could do. :p

17. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

Pro tip: The forum actually has a bumping thing installed. I'm mean though and not telling anyone how to use it. XD

Another pro tip: This would prolly kill the site. This site has no ads, so donations are the only way to keep this afloat. And nobody solely donates to keep the site going....they donate to get cash.

If you can now buy cash for nps, or from others for usd, expon won't be getting much donations anymore.

If you guys were talking about the forum I think you were, their download system isn't based off of their currency...rather your level. They also make a lot of money off of two other forms of getting programs via $$$.

Also kinda useless because a lot of people here(I'd say at least 50% of the active people) have no use for forum cash anymore.

18. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

nope =P
    it's not a neo site...not really
    the cash system of the one you're talking about sucks/is nonexistent in comparison

can everyone use it?

hence the two cash systems
    one for downloads...another for trade
    complicated...yes =P

19. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

I kinda like that idea then...can maybe move/lock your topics, change name, etc with this new cash stuff.

I would like to see this very limited, though. Maybe used in association with that thread of the week topic(or whatever it was) back there. Basically, the main way you could get it would be donating.

So like 5 for a lock, 5 for move, 5 for name change, etc etc. Then you get like 10 if you win thread of the week....basically it'd be really limited to USD. But then you can sell/buy it for nps on the blackmarket.

Also for so many points a month you can upgrade your inbox size, along with maybe sig size.

Bump thingy: Ummm idk it works for me though. :D

20. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Yeah, everyone can use it. I've used it for a long time, but for those naive ones, this would be a way to get rid of cash. xD

I like the idea of having two separate cash systems for trade and downloads. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.