Side account rules?

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by mjnskivt, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

Soo, I've created a side account for my main and I am wondering if I am allowed to transfer np from my main to my side. Is this legal in TNT eyes? If so, how should I transfer the np?

2. fail

fail Level IV

They have rules against earning NPs on sides, etc. But I havnt heard of them Actually freezing anybody because of it. Just put on your lookup, Families play on different IP's TNT, please dont freeze :) and They leave you alone :) Best way I guess, which wont make it obvious to everyone, it to transfer via shop.

3. Freja

Freja Level IV

You're not perfectly safe just because you write on your account that TNT shouldn't freeze you, obviously.

wikipedia:

4. domini212

domini212 Level III

Read below for rules on multiple accounts:

6. You May Only Have Five Accounts Because Your Pets Need Your Attention. It is important that Neopets users are responsible for their pets and play the game in a fair manner. Therefore, do not create more accounts or Neopets than you can maintain. You are allowed a maximum of five (5) accounts. One of these accounts, your main account, can do everything on Neopets. The other four accounts (except if one is a guild account as explained below) can adopt Neopets and maintain a gallery but cannot have a store, play games or any other activity that earns Neopoints or participate in any voting activities. You may freely transfer items among your accounts but they should be on the same e-mail address as your main account. If you are the head of a guild, you may use one of your five accounts as a guild account and it should be named as such (for example, Abandoned Computer Chips Orphanage guild account). In addition to your main account, a guild account can have a store but cannot earn Neopoints in any manner other than through the store, auctions and trades (and anything that happens on that account could impact your other accounts). If you maintain a guild account, you will be held responsible for that account. You are permitted only one guild account per guild.

5. zergses

zergses Level II

I'm probably crazy but i swear i remember reading somewhere in all of their rules and regulations about how the whole "family bla bla bla" thing and how it doesnt mean anything. If you are worried just change the first name of the account to something if your super worried but i dont think you need to go too far out of your way :)

6. into_the_night

into_the_night Level I

NO DONT DO IT. TNT will probably suggest that you are using multiple accounts in order to gain NP and items.

7. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

^ Agreed to an extent. If you do cheat on your main, which is entirely stupid in the first place, then you run a higher risk of getting frozen for multi accounts. I suggest not transferring funds between accounts just to be safe. :)

8. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

There's an editorial on the subject. I'll see if I can locate it.
    http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.pht ... &issue=272
    It's a little more than half way down.

It's perfectly legal to transfer neopoints to a side, you just can't EARN neopoints on a side.
    http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.pht ... &issue=253
    The second question there ^ talks about transferring neopoints, even though it's not the original statement on the subject. It suggests the trading post, and I think that that's probably the best way, too. It works for me.