1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smugglers cove ABer

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by joltally, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joltally

joltally Level I

Ok hear me out :)

maybe attach this to another ABing program to check the cove once every 45 mins to an hour or so

I understand it only gets stocked once every year or 2 times a year but normally the stuff that comes out of there is worth a great deal. Just keep some dubloons in your inventory and ya never know its not to costly for your ABer to look at it once every 30 mins. Might get lucky sometime down the road in a year or so =p.

Just an idea

2. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Testing the program would kind of be a problem.

3. joltally

joltally Level I

Didnt think about that =p

4. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

Yeah, that's definitely an issue but as i understand it the cove buy process is actually pretty simple (i've heard) and you don't need to have a list or anything (just grab anything you can get lol). I was thinking about commissioning a variant of this and have mentioned it before but not alot of interest from the programming crowd.

5. Kaden

Kaden Level I

well most programmers don't want to waste their time programming on something that they can't guarantee will get people anything.

if it only restocks every year, then there is a lot of time wasted and not much gain..... it can't even be guaranteed that they will get an item from there, so you know......... Time to code needs to = profit in the long run, but you need to include stuff like probability to getting the EXACT right time in a YEAR, just for the program to work..

you know?

6. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

And that's why I never coded one even if users were asking for it ;)

7. itunes

itunes Level II

Where does it say that it restocks only once or twice a year?

Well the code *may* be similar to normal ABers, but seeing as we're buying with dubloons, it may be easier to code in.

Don't the items get bought out very fast? If so, what are your chances of getting an item if you only check every 30 minutes?

8. joltally

joltally Level I

@itunes Its a guess it stocks 1-2 a year because thats what it has been doing in the past, and I guess yeah it does sell out quick so you would have to check every 10 mins i suppose. But as other people have stated the profit doesnt seem to = the time it takes to make the code for it, ive only really taken on C++ class and I dont really know how much it would exactly take to create a program like this

9. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

The problem would be getting the page code at first.
    Let's say you're lucky enough to see a RE.
    You should have enough information to complete the missing url to buy something (in theory).
    Making the program is not a problem. Less than a day, but you'll need to be quite lucky to catch another RE to test it out, fix bugs, see if it's working. You'll probably need a 3rd restock to finalize things cause let's be honest, it can't work right out of the box. Add to this that you'll probably be RS banned more than enough time in the process, thus rendering this activity totally useless.

10. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

I don't think you understand how the smugglers cove works...

Occasionally(as in maybe twice a year) they will announce a new item and it will stock 120 at the cove. Once these 120 items have stocked, the cove stops restocking UNTIL they announce that there is a new item again.

And you get banned after around 2-4 refreshes so there's no point to an aber.

Just wait until they release a new cove item, then go there every couple of hours and refresh.

11. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

I know how the cove works, which is why when i suggested it last time it involved getting the programmer to enable it to work with a huge amount of accounts. At some point it should be self sustainable (aka can refresh all the time), but yeah looks like no-one wants to program something with such limited use, and ofc maybe its not programmable before the item is released and you catch a few refreshes to get page code.. i wouldn't know I'm not a programmer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.