1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soccer.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by soccermadness90, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

Being the soccer fanatic that i am, i feel weird that i havent started a topic on the one thing that i love so super much---soccer.

Let all the soccer fanatics like me out there discuss about all the soccer related things here.

Firstly, i would like to start out by saying i support Liverpool FC. They rock. Torres and Gerrard are simply worldclass. I like Torres confidence when he plays. He is effortless on the ball and strikes the ball with ease. Gerrard, is the one will all the heart and soul. The one with the dedication. On top of that he has skill. Actually not plain skill. He has worldclass skills.

I follow mainly the EPL and although i am a big liverpool fan i find it sad that Jose Morinho has left Chelsea. Somehow, Chelsea did not wither and die out without his brilliant management.

2. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Gerrard is good indeed :)

Liverpool has Kuyt, and Babel, both Dutch players :p

Anyway, I support Ajax :yup:

3. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

SL Benfica ftw B)
    Anyways, when it comes to european competitions I support any portuguese team but FC Porto, since they're just a bunch of referee buyers and score manipulators (though they've won the champions league recently, before mourinho went to chelsea).

As for my fav players, they'd have to be Messi or Ricardo Carvalho, or Pirlo. And Van Nistelrooy is a good striker too (though he's been in a better shape than he is now).

4. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

He might be good with Real, but in the when he plays in the Dutch team he's seriously rubbish. Huntelaar is way better.

5. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Fact: Liverpool just beat the hell outta Besiktas 8-0 away... Which means a new record.

6. derrick

derrick Level III

my favorite team is barca!...but i live in america...so i dont have a good soccer team :(

7. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

yeah! i've always pondered over the absence of soccer topics in the sports section.

for me, my favourite team would have to be Manchester United, with giggs, scholes, Neville, and obviously, Cristiano Ronaldo :p

Gerrad's losing form currently, do you agree to any extent? (although his hat trick during the last game may prove me a little wrong )

yeah, i'm surprised that Grant has managed to keep his position for so long! :O
    hope drogba leaves though. he always scores against manutd at the last minute grrr

nah. but you still can love soccer all the same. I'm in a little red dot country, and the soccer here... -.- is trying to qualify for world cup 2010

8. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Mod notice: If its called SOCCER again i will personally shoot an Ak47 up your behind.

its FOOTBALL! F O O T B A L L!
    wanna go watch soccer watch USA league with david beckham crap.
    UK = football.

FC united ftw <3

9. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

Go Liverpool =DDD

10. janae666

janae666 Newbie

I never could get into soccer, it's too long and boring to me.

11. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

* Soccer * :p Mods ?!! :D

How is it long and boring ? o_O Some matches are, but not when there are good teams playing.

12. ExcitedGlut

ExcitedGlut Level I

New England Revolution are ummm... a team... but they are pretty bad so yea

13. gerald

gerald Newbie

For Me its Leeds United. Only missed 5 games this year and had to mega long trips on tuesday and friday.

14. SandStorm

SandStorm Newbie

unfortunatly I live in the USA, where we dont follow soccer as much as stupid old football (american style) But I have lived in Australia which was very fun, and played year-round soccer :D it never snowed there, so it was pretty weird...but back to soccer, Iv been playing for 8 years, allmost 9...Im on my varsity high school soccer team, currently a sophamore...but we had a bad season and lost our first play-off game...time to get revenge in winter soccer on those damn rich-school teams! haha!

So yea....Im a soccer-lover B)

-SS

15. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

Shoot Shoot Shoot Soc! ^.^

16. Xizavo

Xizavo Level III

Well I go for Australia in the world cup but they usually don't get very far
    but still they are my country so go the aussies!

17. H3nry

H3nry Level III

Soccer eh? Didn't know Americans were down with UK football xD.

I never really supported one team, one is not enough :p But I do have favourites.
    The fist being Man.U, I first fell in love with them through Peter Schmeichel, when he was in his prime, I just loved him, since then I have never liked a goal keeper as much as him. So yeah, because at the time he was Man.U's keeper naturally I had to watch the rest of the team to see him play, and Man U was pretty good!

Then we have Chelsea, Drogba, Lampard and Terry (one of my favourite defenders), just love to watch them play.

And as of recent I am really taking a liking to Liverpool, mainly because of Crouch, after the world Cup, i started to watch him play more often. Then you have their match against Besiktas the other week. 8-0 I mean LOOOL. Had they had lost that game they would have been out, what a way to say "No, we're staying".

18. MCVENOM

MCVENOM Newbie

Arsenal!
    Although i respect liverpool players
    where are arsenal in the table? :D lol

But the england team are soooo poor now :( come back sven! :( agreed?

19. H3nry

H3nry Level III

Lol, dear lord no not Sven, although McClaren is a clown.
    Then again, I think managers are blamed a bit too much, England just never seem to be able to deliver when it is needed.

20. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

I do not agree that gerrard is losing his form it is just that the newspaper reoprts concentrate on other aspects and do not report so much about him. Eg. Benitez's rotational policy.

Drogba always scores last minute goals.....ARGH!! he does it against all clubs not only man u.

and you are from a little red dot country, Singapore? haha i am from Singapore too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.