1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars - Threads of Destiny

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Virre, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virre

Virre Level IV

This is a project that a close friend of mine has been working on for quite some time now.
    It's called "Threads of Destiny" and is a Star Wars fanfilm. The difference between this and most other fanfilms is that this is a very serious project, the people involved in the process of making this film live all over the world. It's shoot in Sweden and that's where my friend lives (as do I). His name is Rasmus Tirzitis, he's the director and this is the latest "behind the scenes".
    Featurette 2 - Making of Star wars -: Threads of Destiny

Teaser can be found here.
    There are also alot of other clips that you can watch.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did =)

2. the_elven_druid

3. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

The narrator's doing a fantastic job. Love his voice. And this has got to be the most hardcore, well done fanfilm i've ever seen. From what i've seen in the trailer that is. The special effects and computer graphics are really impressive, and you got the storm troopers!! Great job

4. fivedrinksin

fivedrinksin Level III

well, i'm not actually too big of a star wars fan, but i have seen all the movies and i'd probably watch this one, too. it looks very professional! well done. :)

5. Billy

Billy Level IV

wow, that looks pretty amazing for an independent film, do you know how long its going to be?

6. Virre

Virre Level IV

It will probably be around 1-1½ hours and free since you aren't allowed to make money on Star Wars fanfilms.
    They've spent around 50,000 swedish kronas from their own pockets and that's around 7097$
    But of course that's just on props and stuff like that, the cameras, sound, lights and programs they already have =)
    I'm looking forward to it, the only problem I have is that some of the actors talk with a bit of an accent since they're all Swedish. But I don't think that will be such a big problem =)

7. Billy

Billy Level IV

wow, its long so its more like a real film, i saw one of the making of things and the special effects look great and i cant wait to see it when its done. Do you have any idea when its going to be done?

8. Virre

Virre Level IV

Well the first date they had was feb. 2007, but unless someone invents a time machine, it's just not going to happen :p
    Rasmus thinks it will be completed sometime next year, they have shot every scene with actors, now it's just the editing and special effects left =)

9. btboy5

btboy5 Level II

Love Star Wars. This one is no exception. :)

10. bozo337

bozo337 Level I

i havent watched much star wars but that looks cool

11. BobaFett

BobaFett Administrator
    Staff Member

As an enormous Star Wars fan (if you haven't already noticed), this looks absolutely brilliant.

Though, the fact that this is taking place 100 years after Return of the Jedi makes me cringe somewhat.

12. bliztkoon

bliztkoon Level III

Star Wars is a remake of the old one but still the effects now are great (compared to last time)

13. Virre

Virre Level IV

What? This isn't a remake, it's a fanfilm. :p

14. rarehunternick

rarehunternick Level II

i have to say, that looks truely like a Star Wars film. It looks really cool and i can't wait til they finish it up. Makes you wonder if they could be the next team to create more star wars films.

15. Virre

Virre Level IV

Oh, I almost forgot.
    This is just the first one >:)
    There's going to come two more, the scripts are already written.
    But I'm not sure when they'll be done, since this project has taken around three years so far :p

16. BobaFett

BobaFett Administrator
    Staff Member

George Lucas and Lucasfilm would never allow for the films to made and produced for theaters.

17. Virre

Virre Level IV

Just to further elaborate that, George Lucas has stated that fanfilms may be made as long as they are non-profitable.
    So you could probably have the premier on a theatre, but you wouldn't be allowed to charge people for the tickets :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.