1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of Neopets

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Icegoten, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

How do you predict neopets will end? My prediction is:

Some kid will get so mad that his account was frozen so he will swear revenge...years later when he is old enough he will get a job at neopets and slowly work his way up to the guys who do all the programming of it and everything. Once he is in and everyone trust him he will then blow up the place thus destroying all the data on neopets including all the backups.

Thus the end of neopets.

2. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

o_O
    I don't think anyone would be so immature as to do something like that.

My guess is that corporate profit-oriented design of the game will result in increasingly dissatisfied players. As years go by, less and less players play the game until it is no longer profitable and the site shuts down.

3. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

and waste so much time of their life just to get revenge on a website

4. junkant

junkant Level III

That's what I was thinking.
    The NC mall and all those annoying adds are increasing.
    There soon will be only "member" sections of the site and other paid crap.

5. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

Well its hard to say that because it's been going along for sooo many years already.

Sure the ads have increased like mad, but if you think about it the amount of people have increased accordingly. We on this site are only those who play semi legit, there are millions who are younger kids still growing like we did with neopets by them.

LOL, i remember playing all the games 3 times to make like 3000NPs a day.

GOOD TIMES.

6. JennD

JennD Level I

I think Zer0 is right, along with all the disgruntled frozen players. I know several people who were unfairly iced, lost years of hard work and refuse to even touch neopets. I was one of them, except I turned to cheating after I was unfairly frozen. :\

I figure if I'm going to get punished for something I didn't do, might as well do it.

7. skuld

skuld Level I

I too have played for years. The focus on items you need to pay for has driven me to not caring enough about my accounts to cheat. If I get Iced I really doubt I will start again. :tehe:

8. kelc3949

kelc3949 Level I

I think that they will be so intoxicated of earning more money they will charge more or per month and make more nc items till nobody wants to pay soooo much for things that arent even real!!!

9. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Corporations aren't dumb, they won't charge ridiculous prices.
    What I'm saying is that they will squeeze as much money as they can out of the players and then slowly decline until it finally officially shuts down.

Of course, I highly doubt that Neopets is going to shutdown at all. Once Viacom starts to lose large numbers of committed players, they will probably sell off the site. After which, I think it will improve.

10. fail

fail Level IV

everyone will grow tired of it and quit, and or, one of the TNT members will be paid to shut it down and delete the source and everything

11. JennD

JennD Level I

Adam and Donna messed up when they sold out to viacom. I know they needed the money, and it was a great source of financial stability for them, but it really went downhill after that. I hope someone else does buy it from viacom and make decent changes.

I also think that the neopian economy isn't that great, and as soon as players realize they will never reach their goals legitly they will grow bored and give up.

12. omgmelson

omgmelson Level I

i'm going to guess than the internet "bubble" and thus neopets will be gone by.... 2015?

13. CHticker

CHticker Level I

Neopets may not die for sometime. Maybe neopets as we know it now will die a slow, advertisement riddled death. But, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt. Hopefully they stick to what's worked for them the past. They can't be that dumb, right?

Heck, with prices for pretty much everything skyrocketing, maybe kids will be forced to stay at home and play neopets more. Heh.

14. ihateregister22

ihateregister22 Level I

Neopets will die with time, no doubt. But the reason may not be a mad kid (-.-')
    1)Neopets slowly become more like Asiasoft and Nexon, want this? Pay.
    2)People get bored.

15. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

You know they have their own game now. Its Twin Skies (http://www.twinskies.com/). Which will be 1000x better than neopets IMO.

16. Ithirae

Ithirae Level I

Hmmm...
    I don't think that it'll die for some time, sure it'll loose it's popularity, but I doubt it'll ever go completely out of commission until something big change happens with the Internet or something. :p

17. JennD

JennD Level I

Yeah I know about twin skies, I've already registered and am (somewhat) patiently waiting ^^

18. Kaze

Kaze Newbie

I think a bunch of people will sue Neopets, like a bunch bunch, and then Neo will close ._. Yup....

19. JennD

JennD Level I

I can actually see some people attempting that, a class action lawsuit, I doubt they will win though, Neopets has everything you could even think of in their TOS to protect them.

20. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

what are you talking about?? neopets will never end. never ever ever.

lol jk. i think they'll be done in by the increasing ads, etc. although i wouldn't be surprised if first there was a neopets tv show, movie, maybe an album or two. you never know, anyone seems to be able to get a recording contract these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.