1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of Neopets

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Icegoten, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AussieGirl

AussieGirl Level I

I've been playing for 4yrs and in that time it's already changed so much, for the worse of course, I really don't see it lasting, it'll go broke or something and it'll shut down. I don't play as much as I used to, it's just not the "same" any more.

2. Ofek

Ofek Level I

One of these days, TnT will make a mistake, and someone will sue them for all they've got cause of it.

To be honest, as much as I love neopets, I'd like to see it get destroyed, just because it would be so interesting to see how it is done (a little sick I know...).

3. Arkley

Arkley Level III

I think the end of the site will come due to greed, yeah. TNT doesn't really care anymore, and their careless expansion without taking the necessary measures to accomodate such expansion is evidence of this. I think TNT/Viacom's greed, combined with TNT's rampant freezings and piss poor customer service, will eventually put an end to the website.

4. Ofek

Ofek Level I

It's 1984 mate XD Don't refer to something as godly as that unless you're 100% you got it right mate :p

But I like your theory (except for the "Zapped Into The Game" part :p).

5. Jackaroo

Jackaroo Newbie

If you ask me, neopets will just die off slowly, less and less players going to it each day and viacom will just decide to shut it down.

6. Arkley

Arkley Level III

Yeah, that's true. For all our grand theories about how it'll die, it'll probably go the way of most online games; slowly shrivel up, make a few last desperate stabs at regaining its playerbase, and then die.

7. helloomisslady

Pretty good ending. Hahaha.

please don't gravedig
    this topic hasn't been posted in for 3 months
    let it die :)
    -lazypando

8. cozetta

cozetta Level I

Slowly but surely everyone will start to grow up and realize how unsatisfying it is compared to real life, and neopets will be done with...
    ...Until some guy comes up and makes a new and improved version of it with some new-found technology.

I'm thinking its just going to keep on cycling.

9. yoyoyokao

yoyoyokao Newbie

WTF? That theory is crazy! Nice try but I think that only a real no lifer would do that.

10. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Level III

Well honestly thought about this one and I think 2 things may happen or a combination of both things will happen.

1. As stated they will get greedy and it will be pay-to-play that or there will be so many limitations to free accounts like is already starting to happen where now there is NC mall plus premium, key quest tokens and now NC mall challenges for site events!

2. People will find some other place like neopets or along those lines that just tops neopets and or get really sick of the way neopets is starting to charge for everything.

Pretty simple really but as we all see with the real money thing that its already starting to appear more and more!

11. Steven

Steven Newbie

I think neopet will be hit by a hacker and boom. It will take a few days for them to get the site backed up. So I think people will slowly leave. But I don't think hackers will be that advanced anytime soon xD

12. vixehy

vixehy Level I

I doubt it'd close down...

13. greightone

greightone Level II

Seperating those who pay from those who play with the ads for free is the first step towards neopet's demise.

14. juvenile

juvenile Level II

It'll probably just turn into a pay to play type of thing .. Neopets is already money hungry, it's only going to get worse.
    I don't think it'll ever shut down.. they'll just end up making you pay to play.
    Then I figure everyone would join some other pet site .. i don't know any names of them off the top of my head, but yeah.

15. Boots

Boots Level I

I think Viacom will definitely sell the site when the amount of players decline steadily. Although there could be a power surge and the whole world is witout electricity and there is no more neo and..I wake up :D

16. cooldude1234

cooldude1234 Level I

I don't think there will be an end for neopets
    Although a lot of us are starting to hate Neopets (or already have been), there will always be new people that will be thrilled by it.

17. linkin45

linkin45 Level I

I don't think there will be an actual end, but there might be another kind of "end". like say some rich guy buys neopets from viacom and renames and reconfigures the site.

18. Lexicon

Lexicon Level I

At which point Ill buy up the lifeless remains and revert it back to how it used to bee before 2.0 and of course ill do the following:
    Ban featheralley
    De-stat majal_kita and relegate him permanently to the pound.
    Ban all brown nosers.

OR

Much more realistically Neopets.com will get sued for false advertisement. They sell dedicated ad packages to companies based on the the fact that they have 35 million unique users and like 100 milllion accounts. Seeing this advertisers go "oh goody exposure!" Not really about 80% of the accounts are frozen or no longer in use. TNT now has the two year rule forcing old players to make a new account to further inflate their statistics as well as their amount of new users per day stat. On average there are about 40,000 people on at once of these 40,000 the ones who can afford to buy anything the ads are showing arent interested the restockers and such have ads blocked. that leaves the kids who are really young and playing games who most likely wont understand the ads and dont have money to buy the products!

once advertisers realize all the stats have been faked TNT will face multiple lawsuits. Adam and donna's new game looks awesome so I could really care less if neopets tanks.

19. Attempt

Attempt Level II

you can shut down neopets, its like skynet. XD

it wont end anytime soon.

20. Wazup84

Wazup84 Level I

Yes, I do agree with most people that they are indeed going to slowly fade...
    It's only bound to happen. Or the world will come to an end 2012, or, Geiko Cavemen will learn secret reproducing techniques and create a caveman army for total world domination where we will go back to living like uncivilized humans. Then Sloth will come with his cartoon evil army and fight for ruler of the world. SO in the end, world domination and the end of neopets is bound to exist. The End.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.