1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of Neopets

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Icegoten, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomatee

tomatee Level I

Wooow! o_O
    :lol:
    Very crazy.. but i don't think sombody go do that, nor that neopets anger existitr for much time

2. kian_min

kian_min Level I

i think better online games are going to come out and everyone will be leaving neopets by then. AB and neopoints generator will make the players feel disgusted.

3. ledawayadam

ledawayadam Level I

As long as there are bored people on the internet, there will always be gaming websites of various kinds. I don't think that neopets will ever go under unless they completely piss EVERY PERSON off that plays.

4. americanpierg

americanpierg Level III

That's a slippery slope. Their profits from the site is shrinking, so they are increasing the number of ads and money sections to increase revenue. Since the ads only bring in money when people are watching, and many people will leave because the ads are cluttering the site, they must create more ways to integrate ads onto the site. you guys are also overestimating the number of people who will quit because of these ads, i dont think its as big of a problem as you make it out to be. viviendi must be raking in enough cash off of neopets to continue it after the $100 million initial investment and the cash to create not one but two (at least...im sure there were more) video games off of it.

everything is about money. vivendi shut down sierra's adventure game division in the early 00s. this is the same division that had dominated the computer video game market for 15 years. neopets is losing its grip on the customers that fall within its intended demographic.

to be honest, im surprise the site has lasted a decade already. i think itll be around for at least another decade.

5. LightTiger

LightTiger Level IV

my guess is that the server things will cost too much, and tnt will have to aslode.

6. Macdoodles

Macdoodles Level II

I dont really think so...Anyon who would have their account frozen will just create a new one and keep abing :) and earn lots of profit

7. Tycho

Tycho Level II

4chan will raid Neopets and Viacom will give up. :B The end.

8. americanpierg

americanpierg Level III

just to add, neopets created petpets.com or somethiong like that... yea, if theyre expanding the neopets world even more, i don't think theyre closing the site anytime soon.

9. tiati400

tiati400 Level II

LOL, snap. ;D
    I remember when I thought baby paint brushes were the most expensive and best things ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.