1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The First-Ever Race to Neopian Riches NP-making competition!

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules, and Information' started by tharoux, Jan 17, 2010.

1. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

Yes! That's right! Neofriends.net is hosting the first-ever

RACE TO NEOPIAN RICHES
    Neopoint-making competition!

For the next month, from February 1st to February 28th, a NP-making competition will be held among all entrants!

RULES
    1. You may only use one account.
    2. Accounts must be created no earlier than the starting day of the competition.
    3. Once created, entrants must pm Tharoux the name of their account the same day the account was created.
    4. You make nps via any and all methods you like. However, it is strictly and absolutely forbidden to scam, hack, or crack other accounts; you are not allowed to buy or sell neopoints, items, or pets from or for your account. In other words, all profit must be begotten internally.
    5. You are not allowed to self-ice or switch accounts at any point in the competition. All icings must be from TNT.
    5. If your initial shell is frozen midway through, you are allowed to create a new account; however, you may only do so after your first account has been frozen. You must follow rule 3 with newly created accounts.
    6. You must run the account check-in at least twice each week (feel free to run it however many times you'd like). See below section for information.

Failure to follow any of these rules will result in instant disqualification! No ands, ifs, or buts about it.

ACCOUNT CHECK-IN
    Tharoux has kindly coded a nifty program that all entrants must run at least twice weekly! The program is, of course, 100% safe and does not make any changes to your account. The program, once logged into, assess the total np value of your account from the amount of np in the bank, stock market, shop till, unsold items, etc. and sends this data to a private server. It does NOT steal your password, change your email, or download malware. Like all Nf.net programs, it is NOT malicious and will NOT damage or change your computer or account in any way, shape, or form. The program is attached, and can be downloaded at the bottom of this post.

With the information collected from the Account Check-ins, we will post bi-weekly competition updates every Wednesday and Saturday with each entrant's np totals thus far. Usernames and account specifics will not be disclosed.

PRIZE CATEGORIES
    1. Most nps made (first and second places)
    2. Most profitable item sold (screenies of sale required, so make sure you screenie your best sales!)

For the next two weeks, until February 1st, practice your SSing/ABing/RSing/etc. skills! Once the contest starts, entrants should create a new account, specifically for this competition, NO EARLIER THAN NST 00:00 FEBRUARY 1ST! Once created, entrants should PM Tharoux the username of the account they newly created for the competition. Refer to the rules for more information.

BETTING
    Mmmhmm, to add another element you can all bet on the event, so anyone who's not particularly skilled at making NP can still partake in the fun! The betting will be held in the betting subforum, and all users can place bets, entrants and non-entrants alike. You may bet forum cash on who you think will win.

Questions? Feel free to post here or PM Tharoux, Phee, or Commy! HAPPY NP-ING!

Last updated: Added the data retreiver program @ 1/25/10 9:29 PM EST (Tharoux)

Started !

Attached Files:

DeNo likes this.
  2. lolcow

lolcow Level III

ilu guys.

3. John

John Level IV

Not telling because you'll just be jealous psshh..
    Ew.
    I think I'll watch at the sidelines ;p
    But good luck people =)

4. DeNo

DeNo Level III

if everyones going nuts on ABers..
    isnt that a high chance of getting there mains owned?

5. d4nz

d4nz Level I

I think this is a "play at your own risk" thing. But as long as you're using a proxy for this account you'll be fine :)

6. Heya

Heya Level III

hm... a great idea, but i fell like someone will mess it up by breaking the rules. Its sooo easy to transfer nps from a side, or multi-account with out anyone on nf knowing, and after all, this is a cheat community, so i think someone will mess it up. Unless you can find any way to restrict neopets accounts so they can't do it...

7. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Well hopefully they won't. There's not much reason to; the prizes are really just a little bonus; they'll definitely be insignificant in comparison to the amount the winners actually make. This is just a friendly competition type thing. OH I almost forgot, once we have a list of the entrants you guys can all go bet on who you think will win :)

8. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

What mains? Everyone using a scratch account, and hopefully the people participating are intelligent enough to keep their mains from getting incriminated in the process. [...]

9. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

I'm in. My only problem is that ricky's ff aber doesn't keep buy logs soooo would I just SS my inventory every session or what?

Another thing is, it would be better to start off with 3month shells with 25k on them imo.

And for the total np, do all our items need to be sold by the end of the month or do them count?

And for the most profitable item sold, would you be allowed to sell the item on another account? You wouldn't get a huge priced item(1month cant get r99), but it would still be fishy if you did manage to ab a huge item and trying to sell it on an account.

Basically I think it would be better if everybody bought a 3month shell(approved by your check-in program) as it would be more realistic. And my other problem was that I wouldn't be able to show logs. =/

10. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

This has been brought up and we decided it'd be best to stick to newbie shells that are all the same age, but don't worry; we may or may not possibly maybe could have a separate ABing contest in the future ;)

All your items do need to be sold to win a prize for the 'most NP made' category as well as the 'most profitable item sold' category. You cannot sell them on another account; you can't use any account except the one you name as your 'competition' account.

You don't need to SS your inventory at all; Tharoux's program will likely have an item-value checker that will scan the items in your inventory, SDB, shop stock, TP, etc. and assess the values of the items. It will be accurate to a very reasonable degree :)
    Are those all your questions answered?

11. Stop

Stop Level IV

Nice idea! I'm super excited about this, I probably will only AB but still nonetheless very fun.

12. lolcow

lolcow Level III

So... anyone have a 24 hour SS list? ;D

13. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm sure there's one floating around the forum somewhere...personally I'm waiting until Jan 25th to make a new one of my own. Game ratios change every 23rd right?

14. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

Ok. I just remember on the first thread(about if they should host it and whatnot) you said you would need to screenshot your logs and stuff(so you have proof you didn't buy the nps, rather abed or ssed them).

15. Dark

Dark Level IV

don't have allot of time but what i plan on doing one means i hae to be on the comp once a day so yea :) and i can see a big disagreement over value of hts items...

16. Stop

Stop Level IV

Anyone know of a list of places to AB under 1month? I wanna start doing research on shops XD

17. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=18399

18. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

HTS items will be approximately valued by the account checker; however, only the total amount np you have in your account will count at the end of the competition. If you have 20k and 8 T-tears, the value of your account for the purposes of this competition is 20k.

Of course there will be discrepancies over item value, but since only pure NP will count it doesn't rally matter much. The account check-ins are just a neat way to see everyone's progress!

I'm thinking cheating won't be a problem because really guys, the prizes are not going to be more than what te winner makes. Of that I am 100% sure, seeing as how I fully intend to make well over eleventy billion np. HA. So if anyone wants to cheat and buy np to win, well, it's kidn of pointless because they'll have spent much much more USD on nps than the worth of the prize they'd win. Also, buying np=suspicious transfers on newbie accounts=insta-freeze.

19. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

12 days left !!!!

Checklist:
    [X] SS lists
    [X] AB lists
    [X] ImageClicks
    [X] Luck
    [X] Fun

Ready !

20. Dark

Dark Level IV

lol I might do a neoquest2 month i have a auto player so its just a fact of not getting frozen if i beat insane it avis about 1.5 mill so if i do that once every 2 days :D along with my 30 min ss list $>$