1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Spank or Not to Spank

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by peanutpunk, Oct 28, 2007.

?

How do you feel about Spanking kids?

1. pro

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. against

23 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. 777

777 Level I

It worked for the past thousand years and now that people have stopped spanking we have crazy rebel disrespectful teens.... I say spank 'em and spank 'em good.

2. Spit

Spit Level II

Ive got mixed feelings on this topic.
    Some parents dont spank kids when its very obveous they need disipline.
    But then there are the parents who spank and ground kids just cause they missmatched socks while folding laundry.
    Spanking too much definetly is a problem and its hard to balance the line of abuse or just disipline.

3. 777

777 Level I

That is definitely a good point.
    There is a fine line.
    But I do believe in reasonable spanking.

4. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

Without it, i think kids become almost cocky. They get away with things now adays that no one would have thought possible, like teens having sex is alright now?

SPANK EM' HARD.

5. MissAshlee

MissAshlee Newbie

Im not sure what I would do, I guess maybe if it was needed.

I am not yet a mother but there is no way Im going to be rasing spoiled brats.

6. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

I wouldn't say I was against it but I don't think it's necessary if your a good parent your child should listen to you without you having to hit them. Obviously children won't always listen but I think there are more effective punishments than spanking. Spanking doesn't teach why something is wrong it just teaches it's wrong.

7. annoymus

annoymus Level II

I've went thru spanking and i can say as much as it hurts me, i feel it could have positively affected what i am now.

Don't overdo it tho, its abuse!

8. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

You're an adult. You can control them if really try. You're bigger than them
    I'm against spankings as I think a well done time out can do more good than hitting them.
    As for "You're bigger than them", I mean for you to take control of the situation, give a little umpf in your voice, and have a stern look on your face. If you've been steady with this behavior, your child will listen.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm for spankings. I know when I was younger, if I started to act off, I was told I was getting a spanking. That alone made me stop. If I hadn't been spanked before, it would have done nothing and I would have continued to be annoying/crazy. I believe it's an affective way to discipline your child.

10. GhettoNeopet

GhettoNeopet Level II

I think it is bad. If a child is behaving badly, I don't believe you can beat it out of them.
    Corporal punishment should never be used. There is no good in beating children, which effectively is what you are doing. It's a bit of a stretch, but it is assault. Why would the law make assault illegal if they thought it was ok?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only if they do something really bad...dont spank them all the time that wont teach anything

12. dee123123

dee123123 Level II

My teachers (they were married and taught at the same school) never spanked their kids. One went to Stanford and the other went to Harvard.