1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hally, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Just put a tl;dr tag at the bottom with a one sentence summary if you are going to write that much text x.x :p

2. nikkin

nikkin Level I

I'm 20 and I have read all of the books but the last and though they are not the best books ever written the romance in them is awesome and that is why girls are obsessed with the series. Meyer makes Edward sexy as hell. It is more for girls because it appeals to their mooshy romantic side. Some girls aren't like that so its not for them.

I have not seen the movie, I want to, and whether it is a good portrayal of the book is matter of opinion.
    I don't see why people get so mad because they hear about it all the time, let people rant about what they like if they want to and get over it.

3. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

Personally, I'm annoyed when people go on about it because they are deluded into thinking that she's actually talented because she can throw around some adjectives. And I wouldn't be half as annoyed if I am if people didn't keep trying to make me like it. They can read it if they want: fine. But don't shove it in my face 24/7, because I don't appreciate it.

If you're going to read something not so well-written and then rag on people about not having read it, try Ulysses, War and Peace or Dante's Inferno. Then you have bragging rights, and then you can push it.

4. nikkin

nikkin Level I

That sucks people are throwing it in your face, I haven't had that problem yet at all. I suggest ignoring it. I don't have any religion and I don't appreciate when hard core religious advocates are throwing their religion in my face, but I am respectful and forget it.

She obviously has some talent if she is able to get millions of serious readers across the country. And just because you have read Dantes Inferno doesn't make you a National Book Critic.

5. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

She is able to get millions of serious readers around the world, and it's because everyone wants to be perfect, somewhere deep down, and they'll settle for pretend.

And I am not a book critic because I have read it, I have read it because I'm a book critic.

6. mitoniestic

mitoniestic Newbie

I saw Twilight. I thought it kinda ruined the book for me though.. I dont encourage you to watch it if youve read the book.

7. boogerwaiter

boogerwaiter Level I

I heard it was bad o-O

8. xProphet

xProphet Level III

Yesterday I saw Twilight to cinema.
    Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Fantastic o.o. :funky:

9. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I heard the acting was really awkward throughout the whole movie. Anyone confirm this?

10. valhos11

valhos11 Newbie

I personally loved it (hence icon) but the book was much better. If you read it you will understand it a bit more and have a further appreciation for some of the actor's ways of portraying the characters, but even if you don't it's a good movie to see. The beginning is a bit slow though in my opinion.

11. Novinha

Novinha Newbie

Well, Twilight.. the movie, isn't as great as the book was. I mean.. its still good. ;)

I read the book 6 times and got bored after the 2nd time i watched the movie so yeah D:
    Guess you could say the book is 3 times better.. maybe not. xD

12. Molly

Molly Level III

The movie isn't that bad =/

I'll agree that it's a more of a chick flick, but some of the guys in our school liked it too.
    (A whole bunch of them were dragged their by their obsessive girlfriends xP)

Some parts are actually really funny. Especially if you've read the books :) I would recommend watching it.

13. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

I <3 It

Yes call me gay :)
    And his little sister was really fit

14. krilas

krilas Level II

The story is interesting but some parts were pretty draggy. Overall I guess it wasn't too bad, like how many movies do you really watch thats on vampires nowadays?

15. dstarvish88

dstarvish88 Level I

I was very disappointed in the movie i thought it would have been better but i was wrong however the Harry Potter movies werent excellent etheir

16. Henry

Henry Level II

I didn't see it but in my world history class my teacher and those twilight fan girls were talking about how bad the movie was compared to the book. Skipped a lot of scenes, ugly Bella or w/e haha.

17. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

I think that the actress who plays Bella is pretty. And she wasn't supposed to be pretty was she? Simple-looking, brown/brown. Not ugly, just average.

I spent, like, ten minutes on youtube looking for a sparkley vampire scene, because I wouldn't watch the movie and I wanted to see what they did. Why so sparklious?

Personally, if the biggest freak in school starts following you around and declaring his undying love for you, telling you that though he's a vampire, he's humane about sucking blood, I think that you should call the cops.
    Seriously.

18. punkpaul

punkpaul Level I

never seen it, but i did read the book. it was actually a pretty good book, and my girl liked that i read it ;-) *wink*

19. Coldness

Coldness Level IV

i <3 twillight.
    I have seen the movie like 4 times now xD
    It's not the best but it sure isnt the worst.
    I'm not obsessed with the whole vampire thing. But i loved the lovetheme between them ;D

20. hunnybunny

hunnybunny Level I

The book is much better than the movie, although both are very good. I love the books, minus New Moon.
    BTW, the New Moon movie is coming out on November 29, 2009