1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hally, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

I've read the books and seen the movie. The books were quick reads, extremely shallow plot but interesting enough to have kept me reading the first time around, last year. (And great for boosting Honors English # of pages read per semester assignments. =P)

The movie was absolutely terrible.

Yes, Bella was just supposed to be normal, with the special thing about her just her "chocolate-brown eyes."

And, in the movie, Edward didn't sparkle. It looked more like he was growing radioactive mold on the side of his face.

2. silence

silence Level I

oh my god... it's the worst thing i have seen in my life. it's identical to all the high school stereotyped movies... just with vampires.

3. Patty

Patty Level III

the movie in my opinion was alright. the book wasn't great, but it was much better than the movie.

4. raeka

raeka Newbie

Oh, god. I could rant about how bad Twilight really is...but there's the thing. It's like cotton candy --amusing enough to make you finish the thing, but utterly without substance or nutritional value. I finished the book series. I have this morbid curiosity about the movie, but I'm going to wait until it comes out on DVD and I can get it from the library, so I don't have to waste any money on it : P

I think what causes the main point of difference in people's opinions is this: Twilight is like a preteen girl's wet dream. But just because it's cute and makes you SQUEE, doesn't actually make it a good story. But there are a lot of people out there who don't get this, and so get all rabid about defending their attraction to this piece of sugary trash.

Also, Bella was annoying throughout the entire series D: I think that was the most epic failure of it --the character I hated most was the main one.

5. Dark_knight2008

Dark_knight2008 Level I

I didn't like neither the book nor the movie. Kinda boring and slow.

6. Aye Pod

Aye Pod Newbie

lol i saw it 3 times and i am a guy... it's not bad... (had 2 see it 2 times) in frnech... the other i saw it with some chick...

it's actually pretty cool

7. miranda

miranda Level II

Books = awesome
    Movie = unintentional comedy

8. dragonisk

dragonisk Level II

i enjoyed the books, when i went to the movies though i never enjoyed a minute of it but that's probably because of the mob of screaming girls all around me whenever robert pattinson's face comes on screen... i left 20 minutes into the movie fearing that my hearing is in danger :D

anyway,watched the movie again on another showing ang thankfully the screaming girls were gone. still, it wasn't as good as the books. but it was alright.

9. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

That is an amazing analogy :) that gets you +5 brownie points xD now the major difference is that cotton candy at least provides one good thing, it tastes decent, i read the first twilight book all the way through and just about shot myself. When i was dragged into the movie by one of my friends i got yelled at cuz in the middle of the movie it actually made me physically sick and i had to run out of the movie theater and i had tons of teenage girls cussing me out cuz i was blocking edwards face... now i guess you can use the argument that i'm a guy but still bad writing and moviemaking/acting shouldn't be because of gender i mean seriously... in the movie Bella's tone never changed she was always at one pitch and when guys sparkle it's not cuz they're vampires(use your imagination to figure the rest of this out)... honestly i think whoever published this book should be fired for publishing such a huge pile of sh*t, it was horrible writing, the plot actually seems interesting, but it takes extremely horrible writing to take an interesting plot and turn the book into a pile of steaming crap. A good writer like oh i dunno Stephen King could make anything worth the time of reading because he's a good writer but meyer is a crappy writer who ruined a potentially good series of books, and whoever directed the movie ruined a potentially good movie along with the actors and the people who did the special effects... that was the main reason i got sick at the movie the effects made me motion sick because they were all crappy and all over the place and didn't even stay consistent throughout the movie...

10. 713160514

713160514 Level I

whoa! the book was way better than the movie

11. daFalco

daFalco Level III

Movie was decent, not great, but not bad enough to make you go GAHHHH.

Still, anyone read The Host?

All Stephenie Meyer books have female charachters crying a lot.
    Now that make me go GAHHHHH.

12. Madolin

Madolin Newbie

Ugh, I turned the movie off halfway. Not my thing, too OOC with the point of view on vampires.

13. Freja

Freja Level IV

I didn't think it was the greatest. The effects were pretty bad.. but something about it caught me - AND CAN I JUST SAY THAT CAM GIGANDET IS LIKE THE HOTTEST GUY EVER? X'D lol, had to get that out : D Anyway, okay movie, but I don't see why it's getting so much attention.. it's just .. a movie o0

14. x_lildragonboy_x

HATED it.
    The first book was good; and then - like many series - the others were a little bit shite.

I was definatly unimpressed by the fil... Saw about 30mins and then walked off, maybe it was the Edward thing... I rally don't find hat guy attractive.... -_-
    Huh

15. rusty19

rusty19 Level I

The movie leaves the books to be rediculed in such a way because die hard fans rip Kristen Stewart apart just because she plays Bella, and not the way they saw Bella. They rip the guy who plays Edward apart because he played Cedric in the Harry Potter movies... Kristen's mouth always seems to be open in the movie haha quite annoying... but I preferred the books. Like most movie version of a book, they are a great help with imagining what the characters would look like and stuff x3

Stephanie Meyer at some point while writing the series said that she could definately see it as a movie, and wrote it in way so that it would be easy to create.

but the funniest thing yet: My mum went and saw it and told me that when she for Ed for the first time, she thought he was as ugly as a hat full of spiders. Go figure.

16. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

Me and my girlfriend (both 19) watched it a few days ago.

TERRIBLE!

I don't get what all the hype about it is..

17. retario

retario Level I

Yeah found it boring.
    And found it really annoying when she was stuttering.

18. deathcraze

deathcraze Level III

got the e-books of all 4 books from a friend, went 20 pages through the first one, couldnt stand it anymore, closed it and never reopened it.

it's more like chick lit if you ask me.. not really the kind of books written for guys.

19. Coldness

Coldness Level IV

xD i found it nice D:
    if you like cheesy unrealistic movies it's a perfect movie for you ;D

20. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I was forced to read this, and for the life of me, I could not get past the first twenty pages... So I made it to page eighty :D but couldn't get any further. The book just isn't interesting me.