1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UB item price-finder/data collector

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Phee, May 18, 2010.

1. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Log auctions which go for above 1m.

2. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

That's not really hard but where will you get the price of the item you're looking for ?
    I know this one site that have a huge list but recently, they made a change and you can get "search banned" after 10 items.

3. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

No-no, I'm saying a program that logs auctions to a database. If the auction ends for over 1m np, or 100k, it would be logged by the program to a database somewhere, hopefully hosted on the NF site.

eg. take this auction for example:
    http://www.neopets.com/auctions.phtml?t ... =156999229

It closed at 121,033. The program could scan the first page for auctions which have ending prices over, say, 100k, and (a) bidder(s). The above is a good example. When it finds one, it can log the auction id and then send the auction info over to a database when the auction finishes. Useful info would be auction 'host', number of bids or usernames of bidders, ending auction price, auction id, and of course the name of the item.

If we had a database logging UB auctions, we could potentially price alot of the UBs that are harder to price, as well as monitor UB prices. It might be alot of info, so the price minimum could 1m, or 500k, or whatever.

It would also be nice, though not necessary to the function of the database, to log auctions which ended WITHOUT bids, like these:
    http://www.neopets.com/auctions.phtml?t ... =156993296
    http://www.neopets.com/auctions.phtml?t ... =156999230
    http://www.neopets.com/auctions.phtml?t ... =156996742

I spotted all of those ending within a few minutes of each other. It'd be nice to be able to establish a 'price ceiling,' though this info would be much more useful for ETS UBs than HTS UBs.

Anyone? It would be a pain in the butt but doesn't have to be super fancy. It'd just be a very very verrrrry nice thing to have.

[EDIT] Well, apparently auction histories get wiped five or ten minutes after closing, but you get the idea. All the more need for this sort of program :p

4. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

This sounds like it would be a good idea. The program would need to differentiate between a legit sell and someone selling for $.

i.e. if a pile of dung goes for 10m lol...although this may be difficult because good items can have high inc for private sales(i.e. a gbomb at 4m start, 3m increments).

5. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Fun auctions can also pose problems

6. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

Alot of variable can change the final price :(
    And Zer0 would have to set a DB for this.

7. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah yeah, there would be some outwire prices, but the point of a DB is that it would log all of them. Outwires would be easy enough to spot and remove. Could this pweeeease happen?

8. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Wait wait, what is this for?

9. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Sounds like a good idea more more accurate pricing of unbuyable items Shawn :p I'd assume thats what it will mainly be used for? Since ?Jellyneo's database is... crap.

10. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

^^ that.