1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United States reached its high point?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rarehunternick, Jan 31, 2009.

1. rarehunternick

rarehunternick Level II

Well, here is a new debate. Lately, I've been lost in thought observing the society, economy, and just about everything else and I have come to a conclusion that the US has indeed reached its high point and is now going to tremble just like the Roman Empire has.

I don't know...what are your thoughts? I'll share some things later.

2. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

USA comparison to a Roman Empire?

Put down the glue!

3. Virre

Virre Level IV

The US is falling and China is raising to take it's place. It's just the nature of things, so there's no need to feel bad for it. :)

4. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Yeah, just like the Romans, barbarians from the North (canadians) and East (chinese) will destroy all US culture as we know it. :)
    ^ none of that was serious :p

5. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

Every civilization has had a low point and a high point, and the longer they survive the more they will have. China is starting to be critized for their not-so-great government and their pollution rates... We will have a low point, but we will come back.

6. rarehunternick

rarehunternick Level II

yep. I believe that the US is very comparable to the Roman Empire. I mean, we did borrow a lot of ideas from them such as democracy/republic (yeah, i know its from the Greeks as well) and we have hit some many exact points that they have hit in the history

7. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

America is based on other civilizations such as the British, the Greek, the Romans, the French, ect... We even have some ideas from the Russians.

8. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Yes, China's being criticized for its environment/pollution, but think about it - China's a developing nation; didn't the US trash the Earth quite a bit during the Industrial Revolution? It's just that that was a century ago, and this is today.

The US reaching its high point...I think China will take over as the new world superpower within 50-100 years.

The US overextends itself into foreign affairs and stuff, so by the Ratchet Effect...I think the US will fall. But not quite yet.

9. elite monkeh

elite monkeh Level I

Every super power fails. Want proof? How many past empires are still powerful. Aztecs fell, Rome fell, England didn't fall persay but is no longer the world's superpower. It'll happen to America within the next 50 years. Just the way it works.

10. Zack

Zack Level II

I hope not, calling me a barbarian. You're lucky I have no rep power right now. :lol:

11. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

China is over populated. The more time they have, the larger their population will be. The more people you have to feed, to less food surplus. When you don't have enough food, you need to get more land to grow more food. And look at this map...
    [​IMG]
    Look at all those places around them that are somewhat fertile... Look at those places that CHINA COULD TAKE OVER. Interesting huh? So yes, I agree they will start to strike back and get more land, but think of Europe and the USA. Look above China. You see that place called "Russia"? You see how Russia would be the first place they would take over? When you attack Russia- you get Germany, France, Italy, the UK, and the USA pretty pissed. That is a recipe for war.

12. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Nice explanation and QFT. :p

13. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

Nice one liner. What's QFT mean?
    Do you have anything to say about my explination or are you just trying to get cash points?
    I (quite obviously) don't one liner-ers lol.