1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using BBB.org to get your account unfrozen

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Tricia, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

FULL CREDIT TO too_Old_too_good FOR PROVIDING NEOFRIENDS.NET WITH THE LINK TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, WHICH THIS GUIDE IS BASED ON AND WHICH I HAD NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL HE POSTED :). YOU CAN VIEW THE TOPIC HERE AND REP HIM IF YOU LIKE <3

general-chit-chat-f6/every-had-a-neopets-account-frozen-unfarily-come-hither-t21631.html

If you have had an account which was genuinely frozen UNFAIRLY, this information should help you through the complaints process at BBB.org successfully.

Ok, so open up the BBB by going to http://www.la.bbb.org/Home.aspx and click on 'Complain against a Business' on the homepage.
    At the bottom of the next page, click 'Click here for the complaint form'.
    Then search for 'Neopets' and select the 'Neopets.com' company by clicking 'File a complaint' underneath the name.
    In the 'Complaint type' drop down list, select 'Customer Service'
    In the 'Complaint summary' section put a brief description of what you're complaining about. For example:

"I mistakenly clicked a link, which then cookie grabbed my account. I have tried to contact the Neopets Team on a number of occasions and have never received a response"

Or maybe:

"My account was frozen for cheating, but I never did. I have tried to contact the Neopets Team on a number of occasions and have never received a response"

In the 'Describe your problem' section, go into more detail and include information on the account try to verify that it's yours. Try to include things like:

The date you were frozen
    How you think it happened
    Details of the action you took when you discovered you were frozen (eg, did you contact TNT, how many times, did you ever receive a reponse, etc)
    If you were Premium, tell them this and calculate how much you spent on Premium in total. For example, if you were Premium for 10 months, you paid 10 x $7.99 giving a total of $79.90.
    Explain that this money was wasted and lost because Neopets.com made an error and because their Customer Service personnel have not reviewed your complaint(s). If you were cookie grabbed, also point out that this was a lapse in Neopets.com’s security filters as a person was able to post a dangerous link on the site.

Also include details to verify that you are the account owner, such as:

Age of the account (approx if you don’t know exact)
    Any stocks you remember owning, or roughly how much your portfolio was worth
    Names of pets
    Levels of pets
    Colours species of pets
    Any petpets you had attached
    Any weapons you had attached
    Size of shop (again, approximate if you can’t be exact)
    Size of gallery (as above)
    Gallery theme
    Any specific items in your gallery, inventory or SDB at time of freezing
    Trophies you had
    Rough amount of pure in your account when you were frozen
    Neomails in your account
    Neofriends
    Any guild you were part of
    Any rare avatars you had earned
    Current avatar when you were frozen

Try to include as many of the above as you possibly can.

In the 'What would you like Neopets.com to do?' section, just put that you either want the account unfrozen. If you were Premium, you can also put that another option is for Neopets.com to refund all of your premium payments in full.

In the 'Amount in dispute' section, if you were Premium, enter the amount you paid in premium payments. Eg, if you had paid for 10 months put $79.90 (10 x $7.99). If you were not Premium, leave this blank.

In the 'Tell us about the company’s product or service' section, just put that they are a virtual pet website (add ‘offering paid subscriptions’ if you were Premium).

'Model name' leave blank

'Invoice number' put your payment agreement ID from when you signed up to Premium. If you do not have this or weren’t Premium, leave this section blank.

'Date of transaction' put the date you signed up for Premium if you know it, leave blank otherwise or if you weren’t Premium.

'Date problem started' put the date you were frozen.

I know you might not have all of this info, but just try to put in whatever information you can.

BBB will email you when they have a response from Neopets.com so remember to check your email regularly. I had a response within 2 working days!

If the account is successfully unfrozen, you will then need to submit a report to TNT via the Neopets.com site to have the password reset (and possibly birthday if you don’t know it). When you submit this request, state clearly that this is currently an open complaint with the Better Business Bureau and that the complaint will be closed once you are able to gain access to the account again.

Also, if you don’t already do so, start keeping a document on your computer with details of your account and update it every week or so. This means that if you should ever be frozen unfairly, you will have all of the above information to hand and it will make getting your account back much more likely.

Hope this helps.

2. KeKNoRRiS

KeKNoRRiS Level III

Thanks for making it more clear for us all :) You made it nice and detailed!

3. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Great guide and thanks for the credit :)

Robert likes this.
  4. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Sweet! So this is kinda like taking legal action against Neopets lol.

Thanks for the guide. I will try that.

5. MickaelH

MickaelH Level I

Really nice, it'll help my friend to get back his account : a guy just hacked is account and cheat on it so the account got frozen but there were still painted pet, etc. on it.

6. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I wonder how quickly TNT will catch up on this Better Business Bureau thing to make them unfreeze your account. Lol, probably already saw this.

7. BobaFett

BobaFett Administrator
    Staff Member

Great find tOtg and great guide xxx!

If this works, I might actually start playing Neopets again...

8. gamergrrl

gamergrrl Level III

The thing is though, this really does work if you were UNFAIRLY frozen. Two years ago an old friend of mine was frozen for 'using multiple accounts to gain Neopoints' after sending over an item he received as a random event. He contacted TNT and they responded telling him they believed he was still cheating but he could have his account back but all of the Neopoints, items, and gallery would be gone/reset, as well as all of his pets being turned a basic color.

Well five months passed and the account wasn't returned, so he sent in many more Emails and never received a reply. Within two days of contacting the BBB they had a response from Neopets. Neo said they still believed he was cheating but since he was told he could have his account back they would give it back and after that his account was unfrozen, but they also threw in a few little threats saying his account would be monitored for life, etc.

9. gaz

gaz Newbie

But threatening the players after owning up to what they said? That's BS.

Thanks for the guide, hopefully this works on my recent icing.

10. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

So I was wondering, what if you complain that no matter how much proof you give, they won't reset your birthday? And all they keep saying is junk like "You didn't log in for too long, therefore, no bday for you lulz."

11. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

You could give it a try, but forgetting your b`day is not malpractice by the tnt.

12. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

Hmmmm has anyone had their account returned yet?

13. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Yes several, including one mod!

14. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

A friend of mine was recently unfairly frozen, and I directed her to the BBB. She filed a report and still hasn't heard back, and its been like 3 weeks. Her account wasnt premium, does that make a huge difference? I mean, if the dispute isnt over real money what do they care?

15. Coldness

Coldness Level IV

Great guide.
    Im sure gonna use this since they froze my premium account D:

If i get the account back i will let you guys know.

Btw i wondered, does this also work if you say you were "unfairly" frozen although you werent ?

16. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

If you send a report in and you did cheat.. expect to be IP banned or have all the accounts on your ip frozen, they dont play games with this, they take it very serious

17. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sorry ^

Even if you got the account back, they can't give you back your NP, Draik, and items. (which sucks) But, you can cheat to re-earn your stuff. It's really frustrating when you get caught cheating, but it's hardly imaginable to lose your main that took years to create with a super rare pets, items, NPs.

Hope you can at least get the account back.

18. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Am saying this straight off, you were not cookie grabbed, a cookie grabber only takes a single strain of data thats relevant to ONLY the account your logged into, so its impossible for him/her to know your side account unless.. you fell for a FLP, you email was scammed/hacked or you email password was the same as your neopets password.

Also, for future referance, when you get cookie grabbed the hacker dosnt get to see your password, when your cookie grabbed the hackers see somthing like this: "5ce301c06638d67f71bdc0f7920b604" thats my neofriend cookie.... so you see, if you were cookie grabbed he/she couldnt have gotten into your side account using your password because a cookie grabber dont know your password..

19. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Who are you talking to? That's true though ^.

If they found his email, they could've found his other sides though, couldn't the hacker?

20. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

No, because cookie grabbers need you to be redirected from the targeted website, for instance, in order to steal his email address he would need to divert you from hotmail.com to his website....

And who do you think am talking to ? /.....kat_pwns_y0u