1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using BBB.org to get your account unfrozen

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Tricia, Jan 11, 2009.

1. BobaFett

BobaFett Administrator
    Staff Member

A keylogger would enable one to get into a main and side account as well as an email account...

2. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

They could've just guessed your password. Was it really easy and vulnerable? Because when they find your main, you might be neofriends, had trades with, or bought stuff from/with each other.

3. lizzeh

lizzeh Newbie

I have to wonder if this BBB thing would work for an account not frozen but one I forgot the password to and have filed two different account access reports many months apart with no response to either.

Should I try it or should I wait yet a little longer for someone to possibly contact me?

EDIT: I just got an email about the account in question with the robotic "it's been too long" response, so I sent a slightly snarky, falsely polite letter back. If that doesn't do it, I think I will file a complaint with the BBB.

4. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

Its worth a try, I mean, these are complaint forms against TNTs customer service. If you haven't received a response for so long, a BBB report would certainly be a way to get their butts in gear. Just make sure you havent been doing anything wrong on your IP address. As it was mentioned before, they do not take these reports lightly, and will probably IP ban you if you have been cheating on other accounts.

5. lizzeh

lizzeh Newbie

Nah, I play neopets legit.

Well, mostly. I used opera with the java turned off earlier today but nothing else. I didn't even rs anything though.

Yeah, I'm filing the report because I'm annoyed. If I had gotten a more timely response back when I submitted the first report, it might not have been 'too late'.

EDIT: I have submitted a complaint through the BBB against neopets for denying me access to my account. I will keep you guys informed on what happens in case this may also be a route to regain access to a long forgotten account, so to speak. I hope it helps. I want my stinking account back. Grrrrr.

6. cokaine

cokaine Level III

they're not responding and its been 1 week or so, does this really work? =[

7. lizzeh

lizzeh Newbie

Yes. I just got my reply.

Quote from TNT via the BBB about my situation...

I filed a rebuttal saying that I was unable to access the email connected to the account, as I'd said in the account access reports and if it were really a simple matter of being able to just use the password retrieval, I wouldn't be wasting everyone's time. Etc.

Sounds like yet another cop-out to me. A robotic sort of answer to avoid needing to do any real work. I don't understand why they can't give me my account back by resetting the password since proving account ownership is apparently not the problem or it would have been cited as such.

We'll see what happens next....

EDIT: UPDATE- final response received. I am pissed.

The nerve of them trying to say this is an inappropriate forum for the issue when I clearly stated that my main concern was no longer the account but the fact it took 6+ months to get a response.
    I hope TNT reads this so they might realize how idiotic/stupid they sound since apparently they couldn't read my statement.
    Like I said, I'm pissed that they would try and make such an inappropriate comment and not even address the issue at hand.
    Typical TNT- anything they can say to skirt the issue and not do any actual work.

8. thebarbiehater

thebarbiehater Level I

wat would happen if it wasnt legitamtely frozen and u told them u didnt do anything?

9. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

If the freeze wasn't legitimate, you will most likely get your account back.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm going to have to try this with one of my past accounts.

Oh, and I "loled" when I saw their rating was a D. :p

11. Arkley

Arkley Level III

This is oustanding information, thank you very much. I'm going to try it with an old account now, but it may have been too long ago to have it reviewed.

12. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

If you account is still on neopets database and you know all the correct info (email, DOB ect) then go for it :)

13. Ofek

Ofek Level I

I don't think anyone ever got banned UNFAIRLY.

And if anyone ever did, I don't think Neofriends is the place you'll find one :p Am I right fellas?

14. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

No your not right...

Many a time i have been frozen legit for astranged reasons.

15. Ofek

Ofek Level I

And what did you do then?

And for what "Reasons"?

16. wutwutinthebutt

Does it have to be because of it being FROZEN? Or.. can it be because they won't give me my info back, like Pw, and birthday? I lost e-mail it was registered to lol ~~

17. dreamlorde

dreamlorde Level III

My account was just frozen and all I do is bitch on here about how as a legit restocker, I don't stand a prayer of keeping up with ABers, lol. Ridiculous. I don't know what I did that would even make them think that I might be ABing, but even the simplest cursory glance at the account would show that I obviously wasn't... so they must just indiscriminately ban whoever based on some numbers produced by some bot (what numbers, I have no idea) and then put it on YOU to straighten it out. Idiots....

First of all, I miss at least 9 out of every 10 items I go for. Yes, it's ridiculously annoying. Second, I miss 99 out of every 100 items I go for that are worth 100k or more. What, do they think I'm using the world's worst autobuyer? Seriously.... :nope:

Then, I take long breaks in between refreshing shops to write in my diary or send neomails..... FREQUENTLY..... I can't even think of a way that I could be more obviously legitimate if I was trying.

Well, wish me luck.

18. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

tthanks sooo much for this guide :) i got my legit main back that was kind of unfairly frozen. I broke a rule in a way that i benifited nothing from it.

But i got it back now, worth estimated 20-30 mil too :p

19. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

:) we are glad to be of assistance :)

20. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

you basically saved my life xD i can't even begin to repay you all :)