1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using BBB.org to get your account unfrozen

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Tricia, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

May last year, I submitted a report to them. I got that message shortly afterwards.

About 2 weeks ago this year they finally responded.

Now I did the "Customer Rebuttal" thing; I suppose it'll be another year before they respond again...

2. Robert

Robert Level II

I am definitely going to go this route. I have neomailed 14 workers of neopets, emailed 20 support team members, talked to viacom and nickelodeons virtual studios department. As well as left messages at the Main line to their glendale office. So this would be the only thing I have not done to get my old account returned to me :). Great work.

3. CradleChild

CradleChild Level I

BBB Got one of my account back ! ^^

but now I'm working to get my main back, if I get it back, I will make a guide on how I did it, I am also testing this method with another friend who got her account frozen for over a year..

So far I have gotten a positive answer saying that my account can be return if I provide the right information.

My friend got a similar message, will update if I get the account back or not :) wish me luck.

4. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

What was the reason it was frozen if you dont mind me asking?
    and what did you tell them?
    So far I have sent two different reports and one got ignored until BBB removed it.
    and the other I never got a reply about...

5. CradleChild

CradleChild Level I

It got cged and the pw was changed so I dont know D: nothing has been touched though

I just filed a complaint saying that my account was cookie grabbed and tnt refuses giving me the accounts back o_o

Don`t waste your time mailing Emily,Charlotte,Heather,Heidi

Seriously
    They dont do anything
    they always say I havent provided the right info
    but when I send the BBB complaint ,someone else that is not very known from the neopets staff replied and said my information were correct, so Wtf??

I say they do it on purpose to not give accounts back..

6. xso0intou

xso0intou Level I

Wow.. Am I glad i stumbled upon this. My main getting frozen was a result to me going towards the illegimate approach. My main account which was about 7 years old was frozen for "cheating on flash games" and I know for a fact I never even HEARD of any of that up until I was frozen. It such a shame really because I worked hard to build everything on that account. From the pets to the avatars, everything. Then they tell me I was frozen? I do recall taking a break from Neopets for a couple months and coming back to a frozen account. I'm not sure if I was keylogged or not. Maybe searching for graphics for Neopets or something might contain a keylogger or cookiegrabber. Anyways, hopefully i get my account back . Thanks for the guide +rep for sure whether i get my account back or not.

7. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Same problem with me... I have two different mains within a month of each other with tens of millions of legit nps and what not that were CGed.. And both were frozen and everytime i contact tnt they tell me I was frozen for cheating.. Im hoping one of these times they actually get around to giving at least one of my accounts back. One is almost 4 years old and the other is 6!

8. CradleChild

CradleChild Level I

Same problem with me... I have two different mains within a month of each other with tens of millions of legit nps and what not that were CGed.. And both were frozen and everytime i contact tnt they tell me I was frozen for cheating.. Im hoping one of these times they actually get around to giving at least one of my accounts back. One is almost 4 years old and the other is 6![/quote]

Ugh that sucks, are you trying to get them back by using this guide?

9. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

BBB.org just helped to return my main account.
    I was frozen for "Having a history of cheating on new accounts", and when I asked them to clarify, Charlotte replied saying that I was sending explicit e-mails to other neopet users and staff. This wasn't true, and there was this back and forth until Charlotte just stopped replying.
    So I just filled in the BBB.org complaint form and they got back to me the next day, with a staff user called Abbey S saying that she'd be happy to return it to me. So there you go.
    You'll definitely need the name of the e-mail it was registered on, so make sure you note that down, but Abbey was nice about it.

10. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

I had a similar situation but never got a reply from neopets after BBB so they closed the case, how exactly did you fill out the BBB form?

11. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Here's my form, with some details removed:

I have had an account for over 2 years with neopets.com. However, on the 30th of
    April I was frozen with the reason being:
    "This user has a history of breaking the rules with new accounts even after previous
    accounts have been warned and/or frozen."
    I have only had one side account, which I did not log onto in several months. It was
    not frozen when I logged onto it.

I then sent some e-mails asking why I was frozen, and the reply from their staff
    member, Charlotte, was that I ignored repeated warnings for rude messages posted to
    staff and to other members using a side account.

Charlotte said that this was based on the evidence they have in their records, which
    they have not shown me. I have asked them what evidence they have, but have not
    received a response in over a week, while other e-mails I sent were replied one or
    two days. Their Customer Service personnel have not reviewed my complaints
    appropriately.

I have no clue in how they linked that account that was sending rude messages to my
    account.

Account Verification -
    Neofriends:
    Trades or Auctions:
    Birthdate:
    Neomails:
    Stocks:
    Equipped Items:

Resolution Sought: For Neopets.com to open up the account again.

Date Problem Started: 4/30/2010
    Date of Transaction:
    Amount in Dispute: $0.00
    Invoice Number:
    Complaint Type: Customer Service
    Product or Service: Virtual pet website

If you have any questions regarding your complaint, please contact the Complaint
    Dept. at (909) 825-7280 or email info@labbb.org.

Complaint Department

BBB of the Southland, Inc.

Rise and Fall likes this.
  12. CradleChild

CradleChild Level I

I've done a similar complain for my frozen main, I will update if I get any answer, congrats on getting your account back :O

13. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Ugh that sucks, are you trying to get them back by using this guide?[/quote]

Yea, im going to try to get the younger main back since it has a huge shop and 4 BD pets..lol
    After that idk. I hope I can at least get one back. Im going to file another complaint tomorrow when I get around to it.

14. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Yea, im going to try to get the younger main back since it has a huge shop and 4 BD pets..lol
    After that idk. I hope I can at least get one back. Im going to file another complaint tomorrow when I get around to it.

15. 1337

1337 Level II

Complaint filed. Hopefully my case is a strong one since I've invested more than five years' worth of premium into Neopets.

If this works, I'll +rep you and hug the life out of you O_O

16. AcidSpiral

AcidSpiral Level I

Skip Navigation Links

Complaint Confirmation

You are preparing a complaint for: Neopets.com
    P. O. Box 1841
    Glendale , CA 91209-1841

>:) I hope your advice works. I was banned for "scamming" because someone put "800k = Auto" on a trade, and I offered 600k. v.v

17. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

that would never get you frozen, so you obviously did something else wrong
    they wouldnt even freeze for that accidentally...

18. Denied

Denied Level III

He said he comes from a land down under! (Maaaate!
    Recieved my letter today...

Dear mark, we reviewed your claims on account bla bla bla upon investigation we found that this account recieved neopoints and items from scammed accounts bla bla bla without equivalent in value to indicate a legitimate transaction...

haha thats what you get from buying np from people even when they say its legit...

I have more chance from the aber to cheat neopets

19. uknowmeuknowme

uknowmeuknowme Level I

just sent off my app :)

20. AcidSpiral

AcidSpiral Level I

Well apparently they did, because when I emailed them their reply with the reason for my ban was, "Attempting to Scam Other Players in Trading Post". Not sure how I was trying to scam someone, but I'll leave that up to the BBB.