1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegetarianism

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by goncalo, Oct 2, 2007.

?

Vegetarianism?

1. I'm for it.

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. I'm not for it.

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

i think we can eat watever we want to eat. meat or veggies. some meat is REALLY GOOD!! i always wondered why people think it is wrong to eat meat...

2. jvjanisse

jvjanisse Level I

but then the vegetarians want that cow to go on eating 66 pounds of food a day and 256 gallons of water a day when we want to eat it... I like meat, its tasty and i dont think chickens/cows are cute so i have no problem eating it. I dont eat dogs like in some very few Asian countries because I view dogs as pets, not food. I can sympathize with the vegetarians and see why they're doing it, just dont push your ideals on me and i wont have a problem with you.

3. noncheatercheater

Well, let's say that there are a million cows in america that were bred for meat (there's probably more, but anyway). That would be 66,000,000 pounds of food and 256,000,000 gallons of water. You're right. Then you're logic would make sense.

But listen, we BRED them for meat. Meaning, we forced them to have calfs over.. and over.. and over.. and over again and we forced it. If we didn't NEED the cows, there wouldn't be a million (or *insert real number here*) of them and it wouldn't be an issue.

4. klae17

klae17 Level III

We breed the animals we eat buddy.

And meat is good yes, until it hangs on your colon and rots for 2 weeks

5. jvjanisse

jvjanisse Level I

then what is the vegetarians answer to the animals being there? they'll have to be dealt with, do we ship them back to europe?

6. noncheatercheater

I'm not a vegatarian so I can't answer the question like one..

but common sense would tell me to stop force breeding them but continue to slaughter them until the numbers are lowered enough to handle and the meat eaters can get their last bit of satisfoctory.

7. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

i think its very hard to live a vegan life. everything is so expensive and u can't have mat.but in the end its gonna be beneficial by their health

8. klae17

klae17 Level III

I actually find it less expensive.... I made sushi today for like $12. It would have cost like 150 to buy it.

9. sportsguy1294

sportsguy1294 Level I

i like meat, it tastes good, if people have a problem with it and only want to eat fruits and veggies, thats not anyones problem but theirs.

10. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

if i could i would live a vegetarian lifestyle.

at where i work the veggie burgers are just awesome but i cant live on burgers without bacon.

11. Chocolate

Chocolate Level I

I have been a vegan now for 2 years and counting. Many of my friends are really great about it but there are some people who cannot deal with the concept and give me a bit of a hard time. It really bugs me when someone calls me an extremist or feels like I think myself better than anyone else simply because of my choice of food. I have never forced my opinions on to someone else and think it's a sad misconception that just because I am vegan people think I would do that.

My main reason for being vegan can pretty much be summed up in this documentary. Although, I must warn that it is highly graphic and would not be advised for those with weak stomachs. I for one threw up in the middle of the film. I will post the link anyway in case someone would like to watch it.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?do ... &plindex=0

OR

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?do ... 6074063220

You may also be able to watch it here:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1080175191

12. feeeesh

feeeesh Level I

im a meat eatter humans eat meat aliens cant eat meat...thats what i think haha

13. zaibrax

zaibrax Level I

I like veggies. I only eat chicken cuz its too good NOT to it

14. comeon_tryme

comeon_tryme Level I

i believe you can eat meat and i do somtimes even though i dont like it much. like i eat hamburgers and hotdogs but im not big on pork and other meats.

15. paddymrocks

paddymrocks Level I

i dont mind being a meat eater i dont like steak thogh

16. x3cailin

x3cailin Level I

I'm for the Vegetarians, but I would never be able to pull it off. I do believe that eventually we are going to be producing so much animal products that one day we might just run out. But that is just my uneducated view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.