1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when you're stressed out?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by goncalo, Sep 28, 2007.

1. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Everyone gets stressed out every once in a while, so I was wondering what do you do to get over it?

I usually avoid contact with other people. I get really picky when I'm stressed and something insignificant can make me react in a way that I wouldn't if I weren't stressed. To get over it, I usually lay down on my bed and read for a while, if that doesn't work, I'll go work out to a big park near my home. It's really refreshing and works most of times. If I'm stressed because of the ridiculous ammount of homework I've got, then I listen to my iPod while doing them, which also works perfectly.

2. Virre

Virre Level IV

When I'm really stressed I smoke (how unusual :p). Either I go outside and sit down somehwere, or I'll go for a walk, preferably listening to some Norah Jones or other calming music.
    Totally works for me. =)

3. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I just play some games on my PC.

And I come to this forum.

4. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, if I have an assignment due and I can't think, listening to music helps mellow me out. I actually work better with it on, as long as its good background music.
    I might also watch anime and junk, but that can be too time wasting if it's late!
    Chopping wood is good too.

5. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

I cry, lol.

And then I go for a run or dance.

It works wonderfully.

6. avblue

avblue Level II

Ugh, when I'm stressed, I pretty much stay stressed until everything that's making me that way is over. :\ And I get so irritable and snappy toward the people around me, I feel so bad...ugh. I guess I don't really know how to deal with it well. :\ People have suggested trying yoga but...I don't have the patience for that. :p

7. booboo

booboo Level I

I get irratable and snap at everyone for no reason. (hate when I do that) I go for a drive in the country, play video games, listen to soft , mellow music, and burn incense.

8. vinceraf

vinceraf Level III

I'm really often stressed... and for long times too.
    So I listen music, watch a movie, or more probably I stay at the pc doing stupid things :/ I don't like to go out when I'm not in the mood to.

9. natskaya

natskaya Level III

I USED to smoke. Luckily I stopped that bad habit. Nowadays I play music, it's a very good way to unwind, especially if you're playing a fast song.

10. fivedrinksin

fivedrinksin Level III

Same here. *nods* When I'm stressed I usually go for a walk and listen to some techno or Spineshank. Sometimes I doodle with Sharpies (don't know why, I just like them). I'm into typography so occasionally when I'm stressed I sketch out song lyrics that I can relate to at the time in different styled letters, with decorations and such.

11. Parisdirt1

Parisdirt1 Level III

Take my big Driver, go to my local golf driving range and send those golf balls 250+ yards. I teach those golf balls a thing or too! Or I go to the little league field and hit some softballs around with a friend like today since the Mets suck.....

~Parisdirt

12. lolcool22

lolcool22 Level III

Usually I just drink some tea and hang out in my room listening to music. I'll play some games or just surf the internet. If I'm too stressed out, I'll just throw on some music and lay in bed for a while. Usually works :)

13. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

theres a park near my house, thats really beautiful. at night, i go out and just sit on the park bench and just sit there until the sun comes out :)

14. vinceraf

vinceraf Level III

Lucky you =) I think you live in a quiet place...

15. Jacques

Jacques Level I

Talk to my girlfriend.

Or watch Scrubs.

Mostly scrubs.

16. noncheatercheater

I scream at all my friends.

17. bliztkoon

bliztkoon Level III

Spend a few hours quietly in my room watching shows and tv's. I think the quiet thing helps a lot

18. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

I'm lucky like bladeoftalwar I live about 5 minutes walk from the most amazing beach and beach and stress just don't mix, totally suggest you try it sometime if available to you, a swims also really good, once I got chased away by a couple that were also enjoying the beach tho :D

19. dundern

dundern Level I

i am starting to play games like runescape and americas army i jsut play and play until i feel better.... also the good feeling i get when i play is also helping me when i am sick i get alot faster healty then just lying in bed and reading a book or something like that

20. lilmexiboy

lilmexiboy Level III

i would play games when i was stressed also, then i got pissed off at the games so i just went back to screaming at my brother.