1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the greatest sport?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chrisw2525, Nov 13, 2006.

?

What's the greatest sport?

1. Hockey

34 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Soccer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Basketball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. American Football

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Baseball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cricket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

Baseball - slow. only half the team plays on the field at once against 1 main player (the batter) and maybe 3 runners (who don't do too much unless the ball is hit). most of the game is between 2 players: the pitcher and the batter. This is NOT a team game. Well it is but...barely.

American Football: First everyone huddles and talk about how they are going to kill the other team. Now there is a dog pile of people. Now every gets up and does it over again. There are too many breaks in football. And when the exciting stuff happens it is usually only between the QB, and an RB or WR with a few tacklers. The rest of the team just runs down the field pretending they are doing something. Again, not a TEAM game.

Soccer: Boring again. The field is so large that only a few players can/should be near the ball at once. When I watch there are only like 10 shots in a game MAX and about half of these make it to the net. You need some excitment...which only usually comes in the last few minutes.

Basketball: Pretty fast paced, most of the team on the court is involved in a high percentage of the plays, but the bench gets ripped off. When do you see everyone on the team in a basketball game get at least 5 minutes of playing time? Pretty much never. There are also too many baskets...up the court score, down the court score, up the court miss, down the court miss. And these foul shots depend on one's ability to help the team, not how good the team is. I wouldn't mind this except foul shots are such a big part of the game so a large part of the sore is decided on an induvidual's talent's instead of the team.

Cricket: I don't know too much about it but from what i see on tv it is an ok sport (to me..). I can see why some people like it but personally I wouldn't be interested because I don't know how it works etc. Can't say much about it.

Hockey: Fast paced. Action packed. Skillful. Hard hitting. Amazing saves on a regular basis. How can you not like hockey? It is the second hardest sport to learn next to boxing. You have to control your feet on skates as at the same time and manourvering a puck with a long stick. At any moment with the puck you can be demolished by an opposing player so you always have to be on guard. Hockey plays are amazing because the puck can go so far and so fast between people, yet the other team still has a chance to break up plays. There is no where to run in hockey because there are boards surrounding you. If a team registers less than 8 shots in a period, they are not doing well meaning a good game will always be incredibly entertaining. The whols team (5 players and a goalie) are always a part of the play. EVen when it looks liek they aren't, 1 bounce of a puck or a split second play thrusts them into action sot hey have to be ready. Hockey is also one of the few sports I know where the whole team is constantly in the game. 4 lines of forwards change every minute or so, more or less equally. Same with 3 pairs of defence. Everyone relies on each other and if one player messes up, another can make an amazing play to help out. Too many strategies and the eents in a game can change in a split second.

Hockey is the best sport :D

2. baldudexx

baldudexx Level III

3. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

Yeah that stuff is cool too. Just not so popular.

4. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

American Football. Love how they fight. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

5. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

They don't fight in American football :p

6. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

Yes, I know... What I meant is that they kill each other there. Have you seen how John Abraham used to tackle the other teams before he got traded to Atlanta

7. Barra

Barra Level II

Soccer!
    Everyone here (UK) LOVES football(except the women hate it because the men are always watching it).

8. hobonater

hobonater Level I

Same with hockey and Canada. Add beer in there and you have yourself an entertaining night.

Football is hard hitting but there are too many stoppages before the play resumes and during the play there are only a few hits than it is over as unskillful said. Hockey is continuous and the hits can occur at anytime within the 20 minute period which is constantly going.

9. fatholm

fatholm Level II

Baseball... the american past time.

10. areo64

areo64 Level II

nerfing! its like paintballing except its closer range so you get to run around more and pull out some more interesting tactics.

11. micorazonesazul

micorazonesazul Level III

Boxinq...As a boxer I've qotta say boxing! :D

12. puzzl3b0x

puzzl3b0x Level II

Baseball is the best!! Only sport I like lol...and actually watch. Why do you people find it boring :X

13. seesdude81

seesdude81 Level I

Soccer of course (and anyone who says soccer is not a contact sport is soo wrong)

14. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

Sure there's contact. My problem witht he contact is that:

1) 95% of players fall everytime someone bumps them.
    2) When soccer players get hurt, they are down forever.
    3) They abuse contact by using it as a tactic which in turn ruins the game.

15. StarlightRose

StarlightRose Level II

I think competitive dance should be on there, 'cause it is the greatest sport to play...

the greatest sport to watch is hockey by FAR. Watching other sports are just so... slow in comparison.

16. h4x0r

h4x0r Level II

American football by far. I've played it and love the full contact action. If I had the chance I'd play it everyday. I actually miss playing it now that I'm out of school, but oh well. I'll have to settle with watching it on TV. :D

17. tghetto

tghetto Level II

I have to say American Football. It is the most exciting sport to watch on it (though its debatable). Soccer comes in at a close second, and Basketball at a third.

18. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

Why isn't there an "other" option on the list? I'd have to say that gymnastics is the greatest sport ever because gymnasts have to run, jump, climb, swing, and tumble. That's a lot more than your average basketball player has to do...

19. Jhnboy

Jhnboy Level II

soccer i believe is the most exiting to watch since goals arent that fast and its very interactive

20. xmarceh

xmarceh Level II

Soccer is the best sport in the world xD Full stop no arguments xD
    Oh and whoever said crickets good...is like deranged, it seriously has to be the most boring sport to both watch and play on the entire planet lmao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.