1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of jobs have you had?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by noncheatercheater, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glitch245

glitch245 Level II

Jobs? Loadmaster in the USAF currently. other than that? I worked at a transfer station and at Toys R Us.

2. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

I got fed up with my serving job and basically walked out-- Sucks though because now they owe me a paycheck and I can't exactly waltz in and ask for it.

But now I'm getting paid $8.45/hr just to stand around and ring people up all day as a cashier, so it's pretty bad-ass.

3. Virre

Virre Level IV

$8.45? Are you serious? That's like 60,6 SEK. The minimum wage here is 63 SEK and you usually get around 85-100 SEK (12,15-14,29 USD) when you work at jobs that aren't anything special (fastfood, recruiter for Save the Children, and things like that).
    I always thought it was the other way around, that you get more money for the work i the US. But maybe things are cheaper there?

Sorry for going a bit off topic, I just found this to be very interesting.

4. noncheatercheater

what's a SEK? where are you from?

she_devil, there must have been a reason you walked out in the first place so go back in there and get what they owe you

5. Virre

Virre Level IV

Swedish kronors, SEK.
    And as you probably figured out reading the line sentence before this one, I'm from Sweden :D

6. NeoPANDA

NeoPANDA Level I

Stock boy and bellhop

7. junkant

junkant Level III

I am about to quit my office job as an assistant and work for a graphic design company.

8. demonic333

demonic333 Newbie

i have mowed lawns and babysat for two years now it's not bringing in good pay lol

9. christinemarie

christinemarie Level II

no jobs as of yet! i've only babysitted my cousins a few times.
    i'm hoping to get a job at a super market this fall.

10. seanmane

seanmane Level II

Yeah i babysit too

11. Raihakuryuu

Raihakuryuu Level II

I babysit my neighbors for free, thanks to my parents... >.>;
    But then again, with them screaming and fighting over my (personal) DS and GC, I should be paid.

12. Adam

Adam Level III

Ive got a patent pending which cost me a TON of money. I got half of my patent lawyers normal fee and it still costed me 200$ an hour! I remember a 10 minute meeting I had with him came back on my bill saying: 1/6hr -- $33!! But now i just buy stuff in bulk on ebay and resell individually. This is great with Iphones. Anybody whose got 3600$ should bye 10 Iphones in bulk and sell em individually thatll get u about 700$ quick!

13. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

sounds easy since iphones are hot, but where do you find a place that sells iphones in bulk? o-O

14. kaylethpop

kaylethpop Newbie

Hahaha! I've only had a few, but lets see...

-I was a house cleaner at a Private Montessori Preschool
    -Processed Fish at a Fish Cannery
    -Currently employed at an Ice Cream Parlor! :D

Not much to do in Alaska though when you're only 17. Lol. I love my current job. Scooping Ice Cream rules! <2

15. Parisdirt1

Parisdirt1 Level III

I may be 20, but I have only had 1 real job, and that is working at BSA Summer Camp, during the summers. The pay isn't the best, but it's free room, food, and lot of fun with the other staff members. Also being part of the Water Front staff means plenty of time in the water :)

Other then that no 'real' jobs, I just work for the summer and then go back off to school. Rinse and repeat.

~Parisdirt

16. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

I went to a Montessori school! Pretty awesome. And EW at processing fish. :\
    I had a friend who lived in Alaska and she said the same thing-- NOT much to do when you're 17 or 18 years old.

17. ria3d

ria3d Newbie

i count money for a living (well, when i say living, i mean to purchase alcohols to get me through uni)
    i work for a really big supermarket and basically i come to work, count some money, bank it, count some more...
    it can be repetitive and money is filthy! my hands are always dirty afterward, but i used to work in customer service and i like this job so much better ... being locked away in an office is excellent

18. Viela

Viela Newbie

Ah me... Customer Service is horrible. People are so rude most of the time. >.< I'm currently a cashier. Heheh. I throw food at people. Come to think of it, thats probably why they are so rude...

19. filthy

filthy Level II

I'm a professional barista... It's a high-stress job at times, and it can be good, but it's not something i'm going to do permanently. I'm in a similar position.. i don't want to be stuck in a job i hate 20 years down the line because i was made to choose my career when i was in my teens, so i'm not putting any pressure on myself to rush into any degree at uni or something else..

I've also worked as a agricultural contractor in vineyards and wineries.. And haybailing/farmwork. That was good hard honest work.

20. bliztkoon

bliztkoon Level III

The only job i ever went to is my sister's company as an intern/clerk. Not much pay though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.