1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is your favorite book

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by johnyboy2157, Apr 27, 2010.

1. johnyboy2157

johnyboy2157 Newbie

Hi
    I wanna introduce a new & interesting topic that will any one tell me that "Which one is your favorite book & why it so??
    Reply with a solid reasons ;)

2. Robert

Robert Level II

My favorite book/series is Terry Goodkind's , "Sword of Truth" series. My sound reason would have to be it is well written, and does not break the rules and laws of nature it dictates throughout all the 14 or so books written to date.

3. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Akzaban

The first book came out when I was in fifth grade. I really did not like reading, but despite that I decided to pick up a copy of this new hit book from my school's library. There was a long waiting list so I figured it must be good. Thought I hate to admit it now, I didn't even get through the first chapter before I decided it was boring.

A few years later when I was in 7th grade, the third book was coming out. For some reason [I don't know why] I decided to give this one a shot. This book sucked me in and turned me into a huge bookworm. It was so well written, and the characterization is great... I couldn't NOT love it. The third book will always be very special for me, seeing as it worked as a catalyst.

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Level II

I'm not much of a book reader, but I once read this one for a class 'Perfume', before it turned into a movie. It was a really touching and creepy. xD

5. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna Level III

Dean Koontz's One Door Away from Heaven. It is slightly Sci Fi, but it has a great storyline that is adventurous and happy.

6. creeping_death

creeping_death Level I

Candide is a favorite that I had to read for a class. It was written very satirically which is totally up my alley :) Another favorite would have to be World War Z by Max Brooks. It is written like a documentary about a fictional zombie war, with "real-life" accounts from survivors. It is also currently being made into a movie. The book's a must read for anyone into zombies!

7. bunny

bunny Newbie

I really like the Sookie Stackhouse series. Yeah, they're pretty low on the list when it comes to literary importance, but they're fun, entertaining reads. Not to mention, True Blood is an awesome show that's based on the books.

I'm currently reading A Reliable Wife (it's not a chick book, trust me). It's pretty scandalous, though very tastefully written.

8. coconutmoon

coconutmoon Level III

The Disc World series by Terry Pratchett. I've only made my way through half of them over the course of 4 years. They are entertaining, easy to read, and totally hilarious.

And Bunny...I'm addicted to True Blood, but I never really got into the books.

9. Kurapica

Kurapica Level I

My favorite book is called "Del perdón al Amor"
    is a cool history xD it made me cry :lol:

10. WEARD

WEARD Level II

My favorite book is : Persepolis

A true storry touching lot of theme.

11. ub0r

ub0r Level III

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.

Awesome writer. Not only is his book captivating, but it also compels you to think about themes on so many different levels.

12. Pegaley

Pegaley Level I

Definitely tuesdays child.

13. stiffanbond

stiffanbond Newbie

My favorite is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. J.K. Rowling is my favorite author. This is her last Harry Potter novel, and since it tells the rest of the story and answers the question about Snape's past I love this book.

14. Meepit

Meepit Level I

Twilight...

I know a lot of people really hate it but i read all 4 books before the films came out and i loved them, the films are kind of odd, like i dont think they capture the books very well, but yeah the books i thought were amazing i couldnt put them down.

15. birdtail

birdtail Level II

My favorite book is "Girl With A Pearl Earring" By Tracy Chevalier.. I first read it as a 12 year old (Im 18 now) and i've read it 4 or 5 times again since then, and seen the movie. I just love the entire story and how it's written, the author's descriptive words are breathtaking.

I have a favorite series, too.. it's the Stephanie Plum Novels by Janet Evanovich.. They are a Comedy/Mystery series about a female bounty hunter, and they are HILARIOUS.. like literally LOLing.. When i'd read aloud to my mom, i'd laugh so hard at times that i couldnt read the words =D

16. grammatandy

grammatandy Level I

Well, I'm a Steven King addict and have read everything he's ever written - but I have to say The Stand. It is one of his larger books - and I started it about 3 or 4 times - but just couldn't get into it like I usually do. Then I decided I was going to read the first 100 pages regardless. Needless to say, I couldn't put it down until the last word.

I love the story and the writer.

17. Hidden.

Hidden. Level I

I'm not big on books, never have been but I have recently read the book: "The Dirt" which is about the Motley Crue. I'm not a rock and roll or metal fan, but the book was absolutely amazing. It was a huge insight into what rock and roll was like back in the day and what gave it the reputation that has stuck with it until this day. Very personal things were brought to the light in that book. I would not recommend it to anyone under 18 though. It has stories about all the things that mommy always told you are bad.

18. Osteomancer

Osteomancer Newbie

I just started reading Dan Simmons, and his work is beautiful. Star-spanning and evocative and imaginative...they're not light reading, exactly, but they're a lot of fun.

19. creeping_death

creeping_death Level I

Yea that was one of my favorites as well :) I actually sat thru all 4 movies they did too years after i read it and i was pretty impressed. The movies stayed pretty close to the book.. pretty good if you have like 8 hrs to kill x___x

20. thedup

thedup Level IV

thumbs up to the first poster, Sword of Truth series is great! I'd put it 3rd behind A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (in 2nd place) and Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
    favourite book, however, I would give to Dragon Prince, the first of the trilogy by Melanie Rawn. It is a story that is at times beautiful, ruthless, hilarious, cruel, insightful, and powerful. A very excellent romance is coupled with a lot of political intrigue in a medieval setting. and there's magic