1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is your favorite book

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by johnyboy2157, Apr 27, 2010.

1. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

I am probably going to sound lame saying this: but I will never get over how amazing Harry Potter is on books. I don't think i've read anything up to this point that can beat that series.

I've recently read The Alchemist, it's a decent book. Definitely makes your brain think about the possibility of life.

2. landrykat

landrykat Newbie

Personally I really like Lolita :) I'm also a fool for Dan Brown. I know, I know.

3. crumejack

crumejack Newbie

Hello All,

My favorite book of all time is The Great Gatsby. I'm reading The Beach right now, though and that is really good too.

4. Shirlynne

Shirlynne Newbie

I like Cassandra Clare's mortal instruments trilogy the best :* I came upon the first book by chance in the library and I was caught by the cover immediately. Best ever series I've ever read.

5. 3dee

3dee Level III

I hate reading books =P but I guess since MAUS is technically a book, albeit comic book style, I'll have to go with that.

6. purple315

purple315 Level III

My favorite book is the giver. I normally don't like to read but this one really entertained me. It's sequel was alright.

7. rapidfire

rapidfire Level I

I read it ages ago when I was a kid (at least 10-15 years ago) and I loved the book as well. I didn't know there's a sequel to The Giver?

8. jadester

jadester Level I

Stephen King and Anne Rice because Im a bit of a freak and enjoy strange tales =p

9. jaxmyne

jaxmyne Level I

I've read to many good books to have one favorite. :/ But! There is a series that is my favorite at the moment - Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy. For one it has bunches of magic in it. The dialogue is simply hilarious and the characters are realistic and just plain awesome. It also helps that in every book these powerful, evil people along with the even more powerful and evil gods they worship get their butts kicked by a thirteen year old girl and a detective skeleton. :yup:

10. Harlow

Harlow Level I

My favourite book is twilight, it's definitely overrated but before any of the films came out i was reading the books and i really enjoyed them.

11. Jen

Jen Newbie

My favorite fiction books, for now, are Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy! I am not usually a fan of such mythical fiction, but I really love this series! I am currently in the process of reading the last book.

My favorite non-fiction/non-fiction-ish book is Craig Ferguson's American on Purpose. He is a hilarious comedian and his story is truly touching.

12. Harlow

Harlow Level I

I've just finished reading lord of the flies it was pretty good :)

13. cupcandy

cupcandy Newbie

My favorite book is "Back when we were grownups" by Anne Tyler. It made me think about who I am, what people may think about me... And how we change through the years. "Once upon a time there was a woman who discovered she had turned into the wrong person" begins the first line of the book. I never forget it.

Most of Tyler's books are pretty narrowly focused - families living in the Roland Park neighborhood of Baltimore, where she also lives. She knows her characters and develops them very well.

Years ago she won the Pulitzer Prize for Breathing Lessons. I love love love her books.

14. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

Definitely one of the Harry Potter books. This is mostly because they are the only books I've actually read just to read. Usually I don't even read the books that I have to read for school XD

Or the Hardy Boys series. I loved those once upon a time.

15. Edward

Edward Newbie

Twilight, all four books.

16. dragonbriar

dragonbriar Newbie

Hm... favorite book...
    I guess I would have to go with the Stravaganza Series. The series is just so complex and the idea behind it is one I can relate to. The major individuals dealing with great trials and at the same time just wanted to get away from their real lives.

17. upriser

upriser Level II

My favorite book would have to be Of mice and men. Even though the ending was bad. :(

18. Loving

Loving Newbie

Ouside of the Twilight series, I haven't read much. I enjoyed those, but they're a bit overrated now.
    I have to read "To Kill a Mockingbird" for Summer Work. Anyone have review for that? x)

19. Kyas

Kyas Level I

I've just read the last twilight book, love them!

20. lawlz

lawlz Level I

I read To Kill A Mockingbird a few years ago. "Book One" is extremely boring and I barely read it, but in the second part it gets really exciting. I suggest reading it.

My favorite book is Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult, which is hard to say since so many of her books are really good. She's really good at giving depth to her characters.