1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is your favorite book

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by johnyboy2157, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Kwehgirl

Kwehgirl Newbie

My favorite book is Though Wolf's Eyes. I love the Firekeeper series. ^^

2. BlazinDivah

BlazinDivah Level III

Wow, its like a book club in here ahaa Now, theres lots of new books I can check out lol
    My fave of all time was this thick hard cover Winnie The Pooh book that I found in my school library when I was in grade 2. Had all the originals, back when Piglet was green! lol Ive never been able to find it since :(

New favorite .. wait for it...
    you really dont know?? REALLY??

--> Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking dawn... XD
    Yup, one of those Twilight girls.. or women lol.
    I look a little out of place being almost 24 and standing in line with a bunch of tweebs waiting to see the show LMAO...
    <3 those Vampires ;)

3. jhonsadins

jhonsadins Newbie

My very favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. But I also really love Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, and both of Khaled Hosseini's books (The Kite Runner and A Thousand Spledid Suns).

4. Badge

Badge Level II

I very much enjoyed Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr so i will have to say at this current time that would be my favorite book.

But i read a lot so it could easily change.

I also enjoy the House of Night Books by P.C & Kristen Cast very much.

Grimwolf08 likes this.
  5. Grimwolf08

Grimwolf08 Level I

Steven Brust's The Vlad Taltos Novels. Really good series. Really original. Adventure and fantasy mixed together with a psionic talking flying lizard sidekick.

6. Drew

Drew Newbie

The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. The book is violent, dystopian, adventurous, exciting, sad, and pretty much every other characteristic you can give to a book. The next book comes out next month and needless to say I'm going to buy it.

7. Molly

Molly Level III

My favorite book is always changing xP
    My most recent favorite has to be Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I'm not sure why, but I guess I just loved the mix of action and romance. Plus the prequel, Fire, was pretty awesome.

And Drew, I love that trilogy, too. I can't wait for Mockingjay! :D

8. odieboy

odieboy Level II

Still stuck on Harry Potter. But I've been wanting to read this very original book. I forgot the title but I'll share it when I get the chance. It's very... out-of-the-box. Philosophical deep crap like that.

9. 5tar

5tar Level I

HARRY POTTERRRRR!

10. Manonarock

Manonarock Level I

Lord OF the Rings!!!! a Classic Jrr tolkien!!!!
    I loved the Whole Middle earth thing!
    Orcs and Nazg'ul FTW

11. iGalaxy

iGalaxy Newbie

The Harry Potter books probably. All well written, fun to read. ^^ The movies are also good. :)

12. sillyjilly

sillyjilly Level I

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but the Song of Fire & Ice series by George RR Martin is amazing for those that are interested in fantasy.

There's going to be an HBO series coming out soon, they're filming it now. :)

13. Nathan

Nathan Level I

I dont really have a direct favourite but i do find the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins very thought provoking, I also enjoy the Inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini but my favourite book series are the Bourne Series by Robert Ludlum and continued by Eric Van Lustbader as its about deception and betrayal.

14. avdale

avdale Level I

Probably Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian or No Country for Old Men. It's really serious and gritty but great to read.

15. Aemira

Aemira Level III

I don't really have a favorite book at the moment. I have ADD so it's really hard for me to concentrate and read/finish books, but I used to read a lot of fantasy books when I was younger. When I started playing online games I lost interest in reading though x_x. (Darn you neopets). My favorite book back in early highschool was called Deerskin, though. But I'm going to try to get back into reading. I really want to read "The Last of the Mohicans" solely based on hearing about it in my AP US history class a couple years ago. I might also reread The Odyssey because I'm considering taking another greek mythology class.

16. odieboy

odieboy Level II

I already said my fave books, but since someone said this is becoming a book club, I'd like to ask for your help guys.

I want to read any deep philosophy book that's similar to The Little Prince. It's insultingly simple in nature, and yet the deepness of the symbolisms it tackles is profoundly phenomenal.

17. MimesBr

MimesBr Newbie

My favourite book/s is The Chronicles of Narnia series.
    It is very exciting and intense and the series are very well written

18. Lully

Lully Level I

Harry Potter! Obviously! Best book series of my generation.
    Rowling is a genius, she managed to create a story with some deep emotional background with complicated and sometimes abusive relationships, but at the same time, managed to remain appropriate to children.

I strongly recommend Sophie's World. It's an amazing book, but you have to read it with an open mind...
    And if you're really into philosophical themes, I'd recommend Clarice Lispector. She was an amazing brazilian writer. My favourite books are:
    The Foreign Legion (which has my favorite story, The Misfortunes of Sophia)
    An Apprenticeship or The Book of Pleasures
    The Passion According to G.H.
    The Hour of the Star
    You can find all of them at Google books...

19. bobbarr243

bobbarr243 Level I

My favorite book is Empire of Dept

20. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

I would say Hiroshima by John Hersey.
    I don't know why. But I just thought it was an amazing book. Even though it was about people dieing. o.o